Windows 10: Run Japanese Programs in English Windows 10

Discus and support Run Japanese Programs in English Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to install and run Japanese programs (e.g., Japanese inDesign) on an English version of Windows 10? This was never possible before with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NIRC, Aug 9, 2015.

1. NIRC Win User

Run Japanese Programs in English Windows 10

Is it possible to install and run Japanese programs (e.g., Japanese inDesign) on an English version of Windows 10? This was never possible before with Microsoft, but I am wondering if maybe they had caught up with MAC.

:)

NIRC, Aug 9, 2015
  2. BPZL Win User

Have Windows Remember Which Language I Have in Each Windows?

Back in Windows 7, Windows would remember which language I was set to in each window/program. For example, if I had Firefox set to Japanese and Chrome set to English, the computer would switch to Japanese when I was in Firefox, and English when I was in
    Chrome.

However, now that I've upgraded to Windows 10, it seems like the computer is just set to one language. If the computer is set to English, it'll be in English no matter which program/window I go into; if I switch it to Japanese, then it'll be in Japanese
    for all windows, not just the window I set it to Japanese in.

Is there any way to switch it back to the way it was in Windows 7?

BPZL, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Post Windows 10 Pro Installation: Default Display Language is Japanese?

So I installed my Windows 10 Pro Upgrade last night, the installation went smooth, my Locale in Windows 8.1 was set to Japanese specifically for certain programs I would use that would require it. In windows 8.1 my display language wasn't changed from
    English, now it is set as Japanese and I literally cannot make sense or translate it to change it to English, as I've never used Windows 10 before and it's difficult for me to navigate. Any help changing from Japanese to English?

Eric Stroud, Aug 9, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

It may be possible if you also install the unicode fonts that the program is using.

topgundcp, Aug 9, 2015
  5. NIRC Win User
    All language programs use Japanese fonts with no problem. My question is whether the new Windows 10 allows for language-specific programs (like Japanese InDesign) to run. No previous version of Windows allowed this. One had to install a Japanese version of Windows, not just change the language of the menus.

NIRC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Run Japanese Programs in English Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Run Japanese Programs

2. no run only programs and only English -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no run only programs and only English -: no run only programs and only English -Hi What can Microsoft do to protect our data and have it so that only programs that are allowed to run are in English and that we can stop random programs and apps from running that are not installed ? 365 and azure have not been...
  3. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese to English Win10.: can i upgrade a japanese version of win 7 to english version of win 10? I have the upgrade but has to translate everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english-win10/906e1d7e-84e1-4a59-bd92-d9af43abbdef
  4. Japanese to English Win10.

Japanese to English Win10.: can i upgrade a japanese version of win 7 to english version of win 10? I have the upgrade but has to translate everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english-win10/906e1d7e-84e1-4a59-bd92-d9af43abbdef
  5. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. changing japanese to english on windows 7

changing japanese to english on windows 7: Please DO NOT ANSWER THIS WITH ENGLISH EXAMPLES ON THE SCREEN. I have seen many 'answers' to this question, but they are always showing how to navigate an English screen. That does not help because I don't have English on my screen. I have Japanese kanji on my computer. I...
  7. Japanese to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese to English: Help I cant read Japanese and I changed the settings to Japanese and i cant read Japanese and I want to change it back to English. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english/2489eb04-85b1-470a-a5b7-3f649acaff8f
  8. Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus: I have just reinstalled my PC with Japanese Windows (it's the only way to enable the full use of a Japanese keyboard - special keys etc.). However, I want my system language to be English (menus etc.). So far I have tried the following: Settings: Installed English...
  9. Blocky English fonts in programs after Japanese>English lang. switch

in Windows 10 Support
    Blocky English fonts in programs after Japanese>English lang. switch: Hi all, I recently purchased a new Dell desktop here in Japan, but as English is my native language I switched the display language to English. Unfortunately, many programs and menu screens have blocky and small fonts, as if there is no anti-aliasing or screen smoothing...
  10. language: japanese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    language: japanese to english: I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese.. [img]...