Windows 10: Run PC as Administrator

Discus and support Run PC as Administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Hopefully someone can help! There is no Administrator account I believe set up on my home PC. When attempting to add a program such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DebOgilvie, May 9, 2020.

1. Run PC as Administrator

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help!

There is no Administrator account I believe set up on my home PC. When attempting to add a program such as Nortons, a pop up box appears which asks do I want to allow this app to make changes to your computer? To continue enter an Administrator Name and Password.

However, the only option available is NO as in I do not want to allow the app to make changes.

I have tried to change the current user account to an Administrator but cannot find any User files.

Can anyone tell me how I can be Administrator on my own PC??

:)

DebOgilvie, May 9, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 9, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

Bree, May 9, 2020
  4. jimbobs Win User

Run PC as Administrator

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Run PC as Administrator

1. Run PC as Administrator - Similar Threads - Run Administrator

2. How can i run a program as an administrator on windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i run a program as an administrator on windows 10 home?: Hello, I am attempting to run nice hash on my computer as an administrator, but it gives me an error "this app has been blocked for your protection" I have googled several solutions, such as add it to windows antivirus exclusions list, which did not work, and to use the group...
  3. How can i run a program as an administrator on windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i run a program as an administrator on windows 10 home?: Hello, I am attempting to run nice hash on my computer as an administrator, but it gives me an error "this app has been blocked for your protection" I have googled several solutions, such as add it to windows antivirus exclusions list, which did not work, and to use the group...
  4. How can i run a program as an administrator on windows 10 home?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Running App Downloaded From Microsoft Store in Administrator Mode by Default

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Running App Downloaded From Microsoft Store in Administrator Mode by Default: I purchased 4k Video Downloader from the Microsoft Store but some of its features such as the Smart Mode do not work. If you try to set Smart Mode settings it clears once you exit the dialog box. I figured out that running the application in administrator mode fixes this and...
  6. My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator: Today I installed a new motherboard, cpu and a graphics card and now after having my computer turned on for a minute all of my apps crash and wont open unless I run them as administrator. I have tried different solutions to fix this problem but none of them have helped, I...
  7. My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator

My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator: Today I installed a new motherboard, cpu and a graphics card and now after having my computer turned on for a minute all of my apps crash and wont open unless I run them as administrator. I have tried different solutions to fix this problem but none of them have helped, I...
  8. My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Can't run on startup as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run on startup as administrator: I granted Discord and Unikey permission to run as administrator and they can't open automatically on startup anymore. I've tried checking the task manager and startup apps in settings, but to no avail. What can be done regarding this?...
  10. Can't run on startup as administrator

Can't run on startup as administrator: I granted Discord and Unikey permission to run as administrator and they can't open automatically on startup anymore. I've tried checking the task manager and startup apps in settings, but to no avail. What can be done regarding this?...