Windows 10: Run pc but protect with pw?

Discus and support Run pc but protect with pw? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to leave my pc.über after downloadem but if you want to touch it again you have to enter a pw so it runs but if jmd wants to access it you have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DerAnonymetypDa, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Run pc but protect with pw?

I want to leave my pc.über after downloadem but if you want to touch it again you have to enter a pw so it runs but if jmd wants to access it you have to use pw (Windows10) but how?

:)

DerAnonymetypDa, Aug 2, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

Run pc but protect with pw?

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Run pc but protect with pw?

1. Run pc but protect with pw? - Similar Threads - Run protect

2. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  3. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  4. Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...: Hello,I fell foul of a program that was actually a package of viruses. I've since run eset nod32 online scanner which found over 40 threats, mainly trojans, and it's deleted them. But my PC has problems now.Windows Security service isn't running and the options to start,...
  5. Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...

Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...: Hello,I fell foul of a program that was actually a package of viruses. I've since run eset nod32 online scanner which found over 40 threats, mainly trojans, and it's deleted them. But my PC has problems now.Windows Security service isn't running and the options to start,...
  6. Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Run quick scan doesn't work and Virus and Threat Protection isn't available in Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run quick scan doesn't work and Virus and Threat Protection isn't available in Microsoft...: Whenever I try to run quick scan, I get the message saying "Page not available" and something about my IT administrator removing it. The Virus and Threat Protection tab is also missing. Whenever I try to access it from a different source on another page, Microsoft Defender...
  8. Run quick scan doesn't work and Virus and Threat Protection isn't available in Microsoft...

Run quick scan doesn't work and Virus and Threat Protection isn't available in Microsoft...: Whenever I try to run quick scan, I get the message saying "Page not available" and something about my IT administrator removing it. The Virus and Threat Protection tab is also missing. Whenever I try to access it from a different source on another page, Microsoft Defender...
  9. can't run virus&threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run virus&threat protection: I try to run a quick scan on my pc and usual. But this window pops up. I am just a casual user so I didn't do anything to adjust the setting. The strange thing is that a few weeks ago my PC asked me to change the PIN password, so I changed it. When I check the password page,...
  10. can't run virus&threat protection

can't run virus&threat protection: I try to run a quick scan on my pc and usual. But this window pops up. I am just a casual user so I didn't do anything to adjust the setting. The strange thing is that a few weeks ago my PC asked me to change the PIN password, so I changed it. When I check the password page,...