Windows 10: Run program based on battery level

Discus and support Run program based on battery level in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Shortly after I got my laptop, I ran out of battery and I was somehow prompted an option to choose what would the laptop do when running out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RickRD, Mar 1, 2021.

1. RickRD Win User

Run program based on battery level

Shortly after I got my laptop, I ran out of battery and I was somehow prompted an option to choose what would the laptop do when running out of battery. I clearly remember having an option to run a specific program. At that time I did not have time to set it up so I kind of ignored it thinking that I would go back to it later.

I am now trying to find out that function again but I cannot find it. I only find alerts and automatic hibernation or sleep, I don't find somewhere a setting where I can tell the computer to run a specific program by itself when it reaches a specific battery level.

It was not a separate App, it was Windows 10.

Did I dream this function or it does exist? If so, could someone help me to find it?
    Thank you!

:)

RickRD, Mar 1, 2021

2. Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones

Hello Jerry my name is Bradford and I'm an Independent Advisor for the Microsoft Community and I'll try to help you find the battery level information for your Bluetooth Headphones. I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Open the "Settings app".

2. Open the page "Devices", then go to "Bluetooth & other devices".

3. On the right, find your device in the list under "Mouse, keyboard, & pen".

Please note that you might have to scroll further down if there is a section labeled "Audio" since Bluetooth Headphones are an Audio device.

4. You will see the battery level indicator next to the device name.

If this doesn't help you find the information you need please let me know so that I can provide other options!

Omoikane1122, Mar 1, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Battery level issue

Hi Matt, Go to Control Panel - Power Options Click Power Plan Options on your Current Power Plan Click 'Change Advanced Power Settings In the resulting Dialog at the bottom of the list, expand the 'Batteries' section Change the value for Critical Battery
    Level and Low Battery Level Make sure Low Battery Notification is set to ON

DaveM121, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Run program based on battery level

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Run program based on battery level pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Run program based on battery level

1. Run program based on battery level - Similar Threads - Run program based

2. battery level issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery level issue: i have a lenovo legion y530 with windows 11. when i turn on the system it shows a good battery level but as soon as i log in to my system it shows plug in charger your battery is low. apart from that my laptop works fantastic on battery but crashes when i plug in the charger....
  3. battery level issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery level issue: i have a lenovo legion y530 with windows 11. when i turn on the system it shows a good battery level but as soon as i log in to my system it shows plug in charger your battery is low. apart from that my laptop works fantastic on battery but crashes when i plug in the charger....
  4. Are the description of Critical battery level and Reverse battery level written opposite in...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Are the description of Critical battery level and Reverse battery level written opposite in...: https://pureinfotech.com/change-low-battery-notification-settings-windows-10/Why it says Critical battery level means the computer will run on reserve power, and Reserve battery level means the computer is about to go into hibernation mode.Why what I remember is totally...
  5. Are the description of Critical battery level and Reverse battery level written opposite in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are the description of Critical battery level and Reverse battery level written opposite in...: https://pureinfotech.com/change-low-battery-notification-settings-windows-10/Why it says Critical battery level means the computer will run on reserve power, and Reserve battery level means the computer is about to go into hibernation mode.Why what I remember is totally...
  6. Battery charging level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery charging level: my battery is charging only upto 80% and i have followed your steps of resetting the power plan but no use in that.. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-level/39008675-046e-449c-b65a-54baca6c273f
  7. Battery charge level

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery charge level: Hi, I have a question I wanted to ask about battery charge level. I support several client and I've been getting a lot of complains about laptops that are plugged in (and it shows as plugged in) but not charging. I suspect that at least in some of those cases that may not be...
  8. battery level

battery level: At one point windows ask if I wanted the battery level to be less when plugged in. Unfortunately, I updated. Now a want a full charge on the battery so computer can be used while traveling. I can't find the place to change it back to full power charge. Can anyone help???...
  9. Battery charging level

Battery charging level: hello dear, I want to stop charging my battery when charging reached 80%. How i set this satting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-level/c5a9c2fb-7890-48eb-aaa2-1f089b0683d1
  10. Battery level notficication

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery level notficication: Hey people, Does any one know if windows 10 has a option so that i get a notification when my battery is fully charged? Or if there is a app for it that i can download? 19720