Windows 10: Run program from run dialog

Discus and support Run program from run dialog in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I add a program to the registry so that I can type it into the run dialog and open it? 139393 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Aug 28, 2019.

1. rdwray Win User

Run program from run dialog

How do I add a program to the registry so that I can type it into the run dialog and open it?

:)

rdwray, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Open a running program

Hi,

Which program are you referring to?

If Windows states that the program but can't see it, then I would suggest you check in the task manager if the program is running in the background. Right click on the start menu and select "Task manager" and check if the process is listed in the processes
    that are running currently. If yes, right click on the program and click on "End task" to end the process completely. Now restart the PC and try launching the program. If the issue persists, get back to us with the name of the application that you are trying
    to use so that we can check suggest accordingly.

Bennet Martin, Aug 28, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Run program from run dialog - Similar Threads - Run program run

2. Programs "Run as Administrator" ONLY will not run from the Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs "Run as Administrator" ONLY will not run from the Desktop: I've just noticed this - I have a few programs that should only be run as an Admin - they have the blue/yellow shield. I In the past I right clicked and ran these from the desktop as an administrator - no problem, Now all of a sudden I find that I can only run these programs...
  3. RUN dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    RUN dialog: Been fighting with this for very long time, Start > RUN doesn't display any past entries/commands, list is always empty, it opens up but nothing in it, empty like a pocket, nothing, nada and not even that. Works fine in insider build on same machine, All customizing is...
  4. Clear "Run" dialog entries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clear "Run" dialog entries?: Does anyone know to how definitively clear the "Run" dialog box of all entries? Example: I press Win+R, then type "c" by itself, and these entries appear: https://i.imgur.com/lveQOYR.png Looking for a real way to clear them (but not disable them). The entries do NOT appear...
  5. Run program from run dialog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run program from run dialog: How do I add a program to the registry so that I can type it into the run dialog and open it? 139393
  6. program not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program not running: I have installed a program from eleksmaker (laser engraver) this program works well on my old computer but I've a second computer with win10 home on it but this program will not run on the new computer even after several download attempts. I have tried for over two days to...
  7. Running program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running program: unable to run a program due to denovu drive error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-program/8fa3a698-fdf0-4898-93eb-8f93fc203aa5
  8. Running programs from NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running programs from NAS: Ever since installing Windows 10 (clean) I'm facing several network related issues. Before going in depth I'd like to figure out if it's a problem with my PC or if it's a problem with Windows 10 in general. I'll just stick to one problem for now. I have a Synology NAS and...
  9. Can't use Run dialog from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't use Run dialog from Start Menu: If I right click on the Start Menu and select Run, I get this error. [img] I checked Group Policy and as far as I can tell, none of the settings that affect Run are configured. Any idea what I can look at/for? 2630
  10. programs not running...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    programs not running...: Friends came over... wanted to show them the Windows 10 beta I am running. When i click on the start icon, nothing. When I click on IE-11 nothing. Yet when I click on File-explorer or FireFox there isn't a problem. I have rebooted and shut-down several time. Yet no...