Windows 10: run scanpst

Discus and support run scanpst in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have serious problems. 1. I can't get access to app data it is denied yet I am the only administrator on the computer. I keep getting access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jackhandle, Apr 2, 2016.

1. run scanpst

I have serious problems.

1. I can't get access to app data it is denied yet I am the only administrator on the computer. I keep getting access denied on quite a few things since upgrading from Win 7.

2. I have just been told to run inbox scanpst as my outlook has just failed (2007 Enterprise)

I desperately need to fix outlook quickly as I have hundreds of membership applications to confirm within the next seven days and am also expecting another hundred or so applications to come in during the next day or so.

If need be I will reinstall everything from scratch on a new SSD which will take me many days of very hard work, but do I have to pay for a new version of Win10. If not how do I get it. If I take this route how can I get to my Outlook data file when access is denied?

:)

Jackhandle, Apr 2, 2016

2. imate sync 'chucking a wobbly'

Hi,

I typed in scanpst in run box. Message popped up - said windows can't find 'scanpst'. Do I need to reload Outlook?

magnificentone, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Notifications and Reminders Do Not Work

Use Vista Search engine to locate Scanpst.exe. Also locate your .pst file because scanpst will ask for it. Then let it run. if there's any problem with the pst file, scanpst will fix it or let you know. If scnpst does not fix, you will need to uninstall
    and reinstall Outlook.

Linley Meslier, Apr 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

run scanpst

Hi, if you're desperate with your email and have no alternative, you may prefer to roll back to Win 7 for now, as it may not be easy to fix your problems (1) without risk and difficulty and time. You can do that if you upgraded within the last 30 days.

Of course there's a risk in both upgrading and rolling back as these are big changes. You should always use disk imaging to protect your data, your PC, your sanity and save time, and be able to restore your PC to a previously working state without technical help. Many here recommend Macrium Reflect (free) + external storage + boot medium.

For example, if you image what you have now, roll back to '7, image that, you can swap back and forwards or upgrade to '10 again- as you wish- whilst trying to solve your Win 10 upgrade problems. But most here would strongly recommend starting with a clean install (and solving any driver issues) and then you can use a Laplink program (see below) to transfer your programs and data. Much much more reliable.

It's not normal to have permissions problems after upgrading- there used to be quite a few reports of this:
    just search this forum for "permissions problems" (for example) using the search box at the top. E.g.

Permissions Issues - You do not currently have permission to ... - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location..... - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save anything. - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums

just to give some idea.

If need be I will reinstall everything from scratch on a new SSD which will take me many days of very hard work, but do I have to pay for a new version of Win10.
    Once Win 10 has been activated on a PC, you should be able to change the drive and have it automatically reactivate. Worst case you call MS activation.

Note: to transfer your programs and settings from one PC to another, or one build to another, Laplink's products are very good.. I've used them 3 times with some 95% + success with over 300 programs installed. Massive time saver.

Your programs (most of them) are transferred from a compressed image from your old PC and installed automatically on your new PC, many with the license code applied. It deals with dependencies like .Net framework and visual C++ runtimes quite well and identifies what it can't transfer. You can select what is to be transferred. Using a disk image of your old build is a very neat way.

dalchina, Apr 2, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

run scanpst

1. run scanpst - Similar Threads - run scanpst

2. I keep getting the blue screen of death when trying to run system restore and restoring it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep getting the blue screen of death when trying to run system restore and restoring it...: This been happening just now or right after i plugged in my encrypted USB flash drive. I don't think it has anything to with it. submitted by /u/N0toriousMSG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lytr2v/i_keep_getting_the_blue_screen_of_death_when/
  3. I need help running the Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help running the Windows Subsystem for Linux: I followed these instructions: "How to Run a Linux Desktop Using the Windows Subsystem for Linux". But instead of installing the LXDE environment I chose Gnome. Other than that I did exactly as instructed. So towards the end of the page after running XLaunch, I am supposed...
  4. Won't run games at all!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't run games at all!: I recently put together a new to me PC, it was my dads media center that had the power supply burn out. So I replaced that and it runs good as new with everything, except games which was supposed to be it's explicit purpose. This thing won't run games that are 15 years old...
  5. My Unity app will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Unity app will not run: Windows is an excellent system and is my absolute favorite to work on. I use the Unity Engine to develop software on my windows device. However, every time I create a test build of my app with no errors in the engine, either as a Windows Standalone 64-bit or a Universal...
  6. My Unity app wont run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Unity app wont run: Windows is an excellent system and is my absolute favorite to work on. I use the Unity Engine to develop software on my windows device. However, every time I create a test build of my app with no errors in the engine, either as a Windows Standalone 64-bit or a Universal...
  7. what is protected mode and how will u know in which mode is system running

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is protected mode and how will u know in which mode is system running: what is protected mode, and you know whether u are running in a protected mode or not. how to change the mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-protected-mode-and-how-will-u-know-in/86468bff-3be4-4c92-9e71-ff76031f6cf4
  8. Do I need Vulkan Run Times Libraries? Windows10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need Vulkan Run Times Libraries? Windows10: I've just been checking something in my Control Panel & I noticed these two Apps: Vulkan Run Time Libraries 1.0.33.0 publisher LunarG, Inc & Vulkan Run Time Libraries 1.0.54.1 publisher Intel According to Bing: "Vulkan Run Time Libraries is a new graphic standard provided...
  9. access denied message when I try to run C++ program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    access denied message when I try to run C++ program: On windows 10, HP laptop computer, I wrote simple program: main{} that doesn't do anything, compiled it and tried to execute it and received error message "access denied" Why? What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this? This happens in any new folder that I create or any...
  10. update long running and many failed to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update long running and many failed to update: I have run the update several times it typically has a shorter list but seems never to get to the end of downloads. Also many of the updates show fialed to update in the history....