Windows 10: run scanpst

Discus and support run scanpst in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have serious problems. 1. I can't get access to app data it is denied yet I am the only administrator on the computer. I keep getting access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jackhandle, Apr 2, 2016.

1. run scanpst

I have serious problems.

1. I can't get access to app data it is denied yet I am the only administrator on the computer. I keep getting access denied on quite a few things since upgrading from Win 7.

2. I have just been told to run inbox scanpst as my outlook has just failed (2007 Enterprise)

I desperately need to fix outlook quickly as I have hundreds of membership applications to confirm within the next seven days and am also expecting another hundred or so applications to come in during the next day or so.

If need be I will reinstall everything from scratch on a new SSD which will take me many days of very hard work, but do I have to pay for a new version of Win10. If not how do I get it. If I take this route how can I get to my Outlook data file when access is denied?

:)

Jackhandle, Apr 2, 2016

2. imate sync 'chucking a wobbly'

Hi,

I typed in scanpst in run box. Message popped up - said windows can't find 'scanpst'. Do I need to reload Outlook?

magnificentone, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Notifications and Reminders Do Not Work

Use Vista Search engine to locate Scanpst.exe. Also locate your .pst file because scanpst will ask for it. Then let it run. if there's any problem with the pst file, scanpst will fix it or let you know. If scnpst does not fix, you will need to uninstall
    and reinstall Outlook.

Linley Meslier, Apr 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

run scanpst

Hi, if you're desperate with your email and have no alternative, you may prefer to roll back to Win 7 for now, as it may not be easy to fix your problems (1) without risk and difficulty and time. You can do that if you upgraded within the last 30 days.

Of course there's a risk in both upgrading and rolling back as these are big changes. You should always use disk imaging to protect your data, your PC, your sanity and save time, and be able to restore your PC to a previously working state without technical help. Many here recommend Macrium Reflect (free) + external storage + boot medium.

For example, if you image what you have now, roll back to '7, image that, you can swap back and forwards or upgrade to '10 again- as you wish- whilst trying to solve your Win 10 upgrade problems. But most here would strongly recommend starting with a clean install (and solving any driver issues) and then you can use a Laplink program (see below) to transfer your programs and data. Much much more reliable.

It's not normal to have permissions problems after upgrading- there used to be quite a few reports of this:
    just search this forum for "permissions problems" (for example) using the search box at the top. E.g.

Permissions Issues - You do not currently have permission to ... - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location..... - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save anything. - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums

just to give some idea.

If need be I will reinstall everything from scratch on a new SSD which will take me many days of very hard work, but do I have to pay for a new version of Win10.
    Once Win 10 has been activated on a PC, you should be able to change the drive and have it automatically reactivate. Worst case you call MS activation.

Note: to transfer your programs and settings from one PC to another, or one build to another, Laplink's products are very good.. I've used them 3 times with some 95% + success with over 300 programs installed. Massive time saver.

Your programs (most of them) are transferred from a compressed image from your old PC and installed automatically on your new PC, many with the license code applied. It deals with dependencies like .Net framework and visual C++ runtimes quite well and identifies what it can't transfer. You can select what is to be transferred. Using a disk image of your old build is a very neat way.

dalchina, Apr 2, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

run scanpst

1. run scanpst - Similar Threads - run scanpst

2. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  3. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  4. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!: Hy before i am using windows 10 which is officially licensed, today i get official update of windows 11 and i updated my laptop to windows 11. After this windows 11 is not active and got problem error like 0x803fa067.... Plz any recommendations...
  6. How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!

How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!: Hy before i am using windows 10 which is officially licensed, today i get official update of windows 11 and i updated my laptop to windows 11. After this windows 11 is not active and got problem error like 0x803fa067.... Plz any recommendations...
  7. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  8. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  9. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....
  10. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....