Windows 10: Run screensaver on single monitor *without blacking all screens*.

Discus and support Run screensaver on single monitor *without blacking all screens*. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an OLED TV hooked up to my windows PC that is also running another monitor to display security camera feeds. I would like, when the computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ar_386, Oct 13, 2020.

1. ar_386 Win User

Run screensaver on single monitor *without blacking all screens*.

I have an OLED TV hooked up to my windows PC that is also running another monitor to display security camera feeds. I would like, when the computer is idle, to only display a screensaver on the OLED TV monitor.

Requirements:

* ES_DISPLAY_REQUIRED should be respected prevent screensaver from starting when videos, games, etc are active

- This requirement excludes all 3rd party idle time apps that I have seen. There doesn't seem to be any way to check this.

* Should start even when hard drive and CPU usage is prevalent security camera software ensures cpu and hard drive usage

- This requirement excludes the scheduled task IdleTime trigger.

* Should run only on the desired screen and not "black out" all screens.

- This requirement excludes the normal windows screensaver routine.

I have looked everywhere for possible solutions to this pretty simple problem and can't find anything.

:)

ar_386, Oct 13, 2020

2. Screensaver goes black while running

Each time my screensaver plays my photos, it runs for awhile then the screen goes black. How do I keep the photos and screensaver going?

Siamese987, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Hi Tom,

Since you've already checked the Screen Saver Settings, kindly answer the following question for clarification:

• Have you tried turning off the second monitor while assigning the screensaver slideshow to the primary monitor?
    • Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the screensaver?

We also suggest that you make the screensaver slideshow to appear first at the primary monitor properly before troubleshooting with the second monitor.

Kindly get back to us for clarification.

Xylee Del, Oct 13, 2020
  4. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Run screensaver on single monitor *without blacking all screens*. :)

terrace, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Run screensaver on single monitor *without blacking all screens*. - Similar Threads - Run screensaver single

2. My screen goes black on all monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes black on all monitors: HiI have 1 tv and 2 monitors for my7 desktop and when ever I am playing a game can be any game, but all of my monitors plus tv goes black for a couple of seconds then my screen is back but depending on the game it crashes, I have checked if my drivers is up to date anbd they...
  3. My screen goes black on all monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen goes black on all monitors: HiI have 1 tv and 2 monitors for my7 desktop and when ever I am playing a game can be any game, but all of my monitors plus tv goes black for a couple of seconds then my screen is back but depending on the game it crashes, I have checked if my drivers is up to date anbd they...
  4. Black monitor screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black monitor screen: My computer randomly just turns black. Its still on and whenever I’m listening to music I can still hear it. Whenever I’m playing games with my friends they say I don’t disconnect. Its just my monitor that turns black. This happens for about 5-10 minutes and then it returns...
  5. Black monitor screen

Black monitor screen: My computer randomly just turns black. Its still on and whenever I’m listening to music I can still hear it. Whenever I’m playing games with my friends they say I don’t disconnect. Its just my monitor that turns black. This happens for about 5-10 minutes and then it returns...
  6. Monitor Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Black Screen: So my game kept crashing and I decided to do a pc reset with windows being downloaded on local files. The reset didn't work and when I start up my pc the logo of the monitor pops up, it shows the loading circle, and then it's just a black screen. I tried to shutting it off...
  7. Monitor Black Screen

Monitor Black Screen: So my game kept crashing and I decided to do a pc reset with windows being downloaded on local files. The reset didn't work and when I start up my pc the logo of the monitor pops up, it shows the loading circle, and then it's just a black screen. I tried to shutting it off...
  8. Running a screensaver on dual monitor not being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a screensaver on dual monitor not being used: I'll be watching a movie and my main smaller monitor is just dimmed an on. Is there any screensaver application or so even turning it into a blank screen until I move my mouse would work. Curious what solutions you guys have haha. MS should have thought about this by now...
  9. External Monitor All Black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor All Black: I have an HP Spectre X360 15" that is set up as dual boot Windows 10 / Ubuntu Linux. It has a Dell 23" external monitor connected via HDMI. I've been using Linux pretty much exclusively over the past several months due to a project I'm working on. When I use the laptop...
  10. Screensaver goes black while running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver goes black while running: Each time my screensaver plays my photos, it runs for awhile then the screen goes black. How do I keep the photos and screensaver going? 20419