Windows 10: Run script/program before login of user

Discus and support Run script/program before login of user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to run a script or a program before logging in to any user account in windows 10. equivalent to rc.local in Linux. i have tested Task Scheduler,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mangeshsakhalkar, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Run script/program before login of user

I want to run a script or a program before logging in to any user account in windows 10. equivalent to rc.local in Linux. i have tested Task Scheduler, want to know any other solution to this ?

:)

mangeshsakhalkar, Apr 5, 2020

2. Auto Login to Program. HELP

SUCCESS! I managed to write a little script for it. Computer is started and user is automatically logged in > Script runs on startup > Waits 15 seconds > Opens Program > Waits 20 seconds > Hits "Enter" key.

Voila!

satindemon4u, Apr 5, 2020
  3. long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Joe9090 Win User

Run script/program before login of user

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Run script/program before login of user

1. Run script/program before login of user - Similar Threads - Run script program

2. W11 22631.3235 version- Failed to preload startup program before user login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 22631.3235 version- Failed to preload startup program before user login: Dear all,I found that after upgraded to latest version 22631.3235 , my PC no longer preload all startup programs before user login.Before update my PC was able to load all startup program before i login user, Hence, once i login , all the start up program all ready. After...
  3. W11 22631.3235 version- Failed to preload startup program before user login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 22631.3235 version- Failed to preload startup program before user login: Dear all,I found that after upgraded to latest version 22631.3235 , my PC no longer preload all startup programs before user login.Before update my PC was able to load all startup program before i login user, Hence, once i login , all the start up program all ready. After...
  4. Need a DOS script to run on login that runs four services, consecutively.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a DOS script to run on login that runs four services, consecutively.: We are having a problem with a piece of software that loads four non-Microsoft services on a Windows 10 workstation. That these services need to load in a specific order. Some services won't load if a certain service hasn't loaded first.Is there an easy way to prioritize...
  5. Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon: I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out...
  6. Script running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Script running: Every so often my computer will freeze on a page. I get a message push this button to stop the script, when I do this the page will unfreeze. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-running/95442ea7-9470-4cf6-815a-b9a626b9af61
  7. VPNs that will not run in User login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPNs that will not run in User login: I stopped using one of the most highly rated and popular VPNs when the program changed and refused to run for any User. It would only run when an Admin was logged in. The program/service is Private Internet Access (PIA). I have always read that it is a good security practice...
  8. Run User Program As Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...
  9. Running Script

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Script: I am running Windows 10 / IE 11 and I keep getting a running script error (“Do you want to continue running scripts on this page”?) and it is driving me crazy. I am not real tech savvy so I don’t know where to look on how to. It just started doing it and I have been using...
  10. Running Powershell for login of users

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Powershell for login of users: I'd like to place a batch file in task scheduler and run simple uninstalling of the live tiles on windows. I have ran these separately but it would be perfect for anyone who logs into our domain on the pc would get these icons removed as well. Possible even run this in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows startup script run before user login

2. windows 10 run script before user login

3. Run script before login Windows 10