Windows 10: Run the same app twice, but on two different IPs?

Discus and support Run the same app twice, but on two different IPs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I have an app that I need to run in parallel, but I can't change the app's port. So I basically need to run the same app (from the same machine)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_Gowk, May 19, 2020.

1. Run the same app twice, but on two different IPs?

Hey,

I have an app that I need to run in parallel, but I can't change the app's port. So I basically need to run the same app (from the same machine) on different IPs in order to allow clients to connect to each instance on different IPs.

So is there any way to run an app in five "different environments" with five different IPs, without full virtualization?

I checked VMWare's ThinApp and Microsoft's App-V but none of them allows me to use a "virtual NIC" or something like that.

Running five VMs will incur big licensing costs and have a huge overhead.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/The_Gowk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The_Gowk, May 19, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Running a program twice?

the point is, you cant run steam twice in the same OS.

even if he did run it in a VMware, or on another physical machine - he doesnt get what he wants out of it (access to both friends lists in the steam overlay, or whatever he actually wants)

Mussels, May 19, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Text Services Framework not running and no connection to Internet

Hi Alrescha,

It is possible that the
    system files
    and
    components were corrupted during the installation or update. We suggest
    that you perform these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any
    changes:

For network connection issue:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your Network Connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of Network device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection/network name
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

For keyboard issue:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Note:
    Kindly run
    SFC twice or thrice and check for results before you proceed to the next method.

Method 2: Reset Windows Update Components.

Resetting your
    Windows Update Components
    will allow you to
    install
    the update again including the
    Text Services Framework. To do this, refer to
    How do I reset Windows Update Components.

Kem Mon, May 19, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Run the same app twice, but on two different IPs?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Run the same app twice, but on two different IPs? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Run the same app twice, but on two different IPs?

1. Run the same app twice, but on two different IPs? - Similar Threads - Run same app

2. Two different IP addresses....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two different IP addresses....: Is it possible to have two different IP addresses?I logged into my Security account, I checked Verify Activity and I see now a different IP address.Is it possible someone hack my account?Thanks,...
  3. Two different IP addresses....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two different IP addresses....: Is it possible to have two different IP addresses?I logged into my Security account, I checked Verify Activity and I see now a different IP address.Is it possible someone hack my account?Thanks,...
  4. Two different IP addresses....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Same program runs differently on different logins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same program runs differently on different logins: I have a Windows 7 Pro computer on a work network domain that has three logins set up as local admin.I have a laser engraver control program installed by login1.On login1, the program runs in the background with an icon in the dashboard "tray" with a menu that allows the...
  6. Same program runs differently on different logins

Same program runs differently on different logins: I have a Windows 7 Pro computer on a work network domain that has three logins set up as local admin.I have a laser engraver control program installed by login1.On login1, the program runs in the background with an icon in the dashboard "tray" with a menu that allows the...
  7. Two of the Same App

Two of the Same App: Hi, I have Music Bee installed on my PC, I would like to have two Music Bees, so that I can play different Genres on each, is this possible? OS version 19043.1081 182040
  8. Same app installed twice with different locations.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same app installed twice with different locations.: Hello. Is there a way to install the same app twice in different drives and have their data and cache saved in their respective drives instead of the default location where windows is installed? Thank you....
  9. How to play two different tracks on two different speakers at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to play two different tracks on two different speakers at the same time: Hi, I need to find a way to play a track and a metronome through mine and my friends bluetooth headphones and at the exact same time, a backing track to the song is played through the speaker through the aux cable. I am trying to find a way to do the synchronisation through...
  10. Same router gives two different subnet ip's. What gives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same router gives two different subnet ip's. What gives?: Hi, I have the following setup: two computers, in different parts of the house, are connected to the same router. One of them answers to ipconfig as 192.168.1.XXX, while the other as 192.168.0.XXX. The router's DHCP list is .0.100-.0.199 [ATTACH] For the life of me I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open same app with diferent ip adresses same time