Windows 10: Run too many service in background

Discus and support Run too many service in background in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There are too many services running in background of my laptop I saw it when I opened task manager is there is a way to stop then because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kingkingXW, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Run too many service in background

There are too many services running in background of my laptop I saw it when I opened task manager is there is a way to stop then because it accumulating my 60%

Of ram and my laptop is getting heated also i can't open much apps .

Product details

Manufacturer - hp

Processor - intel i5 7th generation

Ram - 4gb

Windows 10

I would be better if you minimize it services in next Windows update.

:)

kingkingXW, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

Gaming Lag and Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS)

Let's try disabling the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) via Command Prompt by following the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Run/type msconfig.
    • Click on Services tab.
    • Remove check mark on Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Restart your computer.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Run too many service in background

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Hello Kerry,

TMP files are temporary files that are created to temporarily hold data on your computer while you are using a specific software application. Since it is just a temporary files, it is safe to say that there are no consequences when you delete.

I suggest that you use the Disk cleanup tool to delete the temporary files. Here's how:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Disk cleanup in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    2. Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    3. Select OK.

If you want to temporarily disable the Background Intelligent Transfer Service to manually delete the said file, just follow these steps.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Services in the search box and hit Enter.
    2. In the Services window, look for and right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and choose Properties.
    3. If you want to stop it from running, just hit the Stop button under
      Service Status, but if you want to disable it, change the option in
      Startup type to Disabled, hit Apply, then
      OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Jay Jap, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Run too many service in background

1. Run too many service in background - Similar Threads - Run too many

2. Is Service on wsl running on background ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Service on wsl running on background ?: Hello I am new on wsl / wsl2 here, currently I am using win 11, if I'm using wsl2 on my windows, let say using ubuntu distro, and I'm running service on my wsl ubuntu like postgre, mongo, mysql, docker, rabbit-mq, will these services run in the background? even if I don't...
  3. Is Service on wsl running on background ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Service on wsl running on background ?: Hello I am new on wsl / wsl2 here, currently I am using win 11, if I'm using wsl2 on my windows, let say using ubuntu distro, and I'm running service on my wsl ubuntu like postgre, mongo, mysql, docker, rabbit-mq, will these services run in the background? even if I don't...
  4. Too many service host in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many service host in task manager: it is slowing down my laptop n it is annoying pls help me to get rid of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-service-host-in-task-manager/63349ad3-d2a4-47ea-8b79-5b8f420687dc
  5. Too many service host in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many service host in task manager: it is slowing down my laptop n it is annoying pls help me to get rid of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-service-host-in-task-manager/63349ad3-d2a4-47ea-8b79-5b8f420687dc
  6. Too many service host in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Too Many task running In windows 10

Too Many task running In windows 10: Hi. I have a big question... When I start windows I go to task manager and see I have 154 task running! I don't even open anything and don't even open something? How is that possible?? Here is the task manager: [ATTACH] What I have to do? When I switch to windows 10 and...
  8. Too many background processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Too many background processes: So, I've had this laptop for almost a year, an hp omen, and recently it's been running slowly whenever I play games or even when I use a navigator. I've checked the task manager and it's come to my realization that every time I boot up my computer different processes start...
  9. Too many background apps

Too many background apps: Split from this thread. Too many background apps[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-background-apps/a3d63ca6-881d-4c0c-9170-9169761face3
  10. How many background running processes in wondows10

How many background running processes in wondows10: I just want to know how many background running processes on task manager when tapping Processes in windows 10 just after boot up of a laptop. please bring me a screenshot and guide me how to block or utterly close them. Thank you....