Windows 10: Run VBScript when opening Netflix App

Discus and support Run VBScript when opening Netflix App in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is this possible? I have a script that will turn HDR on/off in Windows and it works really well, but launching Netflix (the only reason I'd like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_tweedie, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Run VBScript when opening Netflix App

Is this possible? I have a script that will turn HDR on/off in Windows and it works really well, but launching Netflix (the only reason I'd like to turn on HDR) from Kodi is clumsy and I'd like to have it run when I open the app. I tried Bill2's process manager already and it does launch Netflix and the script, but only when I open Bill2 on first run, and not from the command I set. Then it doesn't run the command at all when the program is running, so I uninstalled it and figure it's because the Netflix app isn't a proper exe process. Has anybody attempted this before and if you succeeded could you please share your experience with me. Also ELI5

submitted by /u/_tweedie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_tweedie, Mar 19, 2020

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Mar 19, 2020
  3. NetFlix App

Hi Adrianoe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Is the issue confined to Netflix apps?
    Try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Windows UI App Troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue. Check if it runs fine:

Refer the following link to run the troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Method 2:

Uninstall the App, restart the system and then try re-installing the App from Store.

Follow these steps.

a) Right click on the Netflix, click on
    Uninstall.

b) Click on store.

c) Search for Netflix App.

d) Click on Install.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Run VBScript when opening Netflix App

Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Run VBScript when opening Netflix App

1. Run VBScript when opening Netflix App - Similar Threads - Run VBScript opening

2. When VBScript will be updated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When VBScript will be updated?: Today I wanted to create an application in VBScript.When I created it I saw the text messages that the program launched, but I realized that the buttons are not updated from Windows 95 and the icons are not updated from Windows 7. This lack of modernization in VBScript is...
  3. When VBScript will be updated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When VBScript will be updated?: Today I wanted to create an application in VBScript.When I created it I saw the text messages that the program launched, but I realized that the buttons are not updated from Windows 95 and the icons are not updated from Windows 7. This lack of modernization in VBScript is...
  4. Netflix App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  5. Netflix App

Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  6. Screen freezes, blank, usually when netflix or browser app is running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezes, blank, usually when netflix or browser app is running: My laptop is frequently getting blue screens and monitor black out. They all occurred quite randomly. Windows 10 ver 20H2 AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.9 ghz with internal radeon graphics card nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 16GB RAM Memory test was done, all 8 passes without issue. A...
  7. Netflix not open in bluestacks

Netflix not open in bluestacks: am using windows 10 OS. netflix not opened in bluestacks & always shows the error message which is in the attached file. ple solve.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix-not-open-in-bluestacks/71454b5e-30b9-4187-8c34-3dd0d94ce14f
  8. dxgmms2.sys BSOD when running Netflix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxgmms2.sys BSOD when running Netflix: I have run the driver verifier and created a minidump and nfo file. Intel i5-8400 Windows 10 1909 GTX1060 3GB Thanks for the help! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhRaCX8SFQwSpzXo1QxYDCZsTpQr?e=telifi...
  9. Settings and Netflix will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings and Netflix will not open: Okay, so for the past few days I have been trying to fix an error where I cannot open Settings, Netflix, and to a lesser extent Microsoft Edge (I use Chrome). I have tried to open Settings in numerous ways and it will not open. It will not flash or anything or give me a black...
  10. Netflix App Won't run in Windows 10 Home

Netflix App Won't run in Windows 10 Home: Anyone else having issues with the Netflix app in Windows 10 Home? I upgraded my main desk top PC with Win 10 at the weekend and all went well. Today I installed the Netflix app from Windows Store and it won't load. It starts to open, then simply shuts down. I tried...