Windows 10: RUN Windows Defender simultaneously with Malwarebytes

Discus and support RUN Windows Defender simultaneously with Malwarebytes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am testing using Malwarebytes Premium. It detected many PUP Registry Key Registry Value and Files Can I still run Windows Defender at the same... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by margotr, Sep 15, 2018.

1. margotr Win User

RUN Windows Defender simultaneously with Malwarebytes

I am testing using Malwarebytes Premium. It detected many PUP Registry Key Registry Value and Files Can I still run Windows Defender at the same time? I have heard not wise to run 2 at same time.

:)

margotr, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Julsie Win User

Defender disabled by Malwarebytes?

[Merged]

Windows 10 accepts Malwarebytes as complete antivirus, and will not allow full Defender to work.

Yet, according to many searches Malwarebytes is not considered to be a complete antivirus.

I had to remove Malwarebytes from my laptop to get Defender to work fully.

Any suggestions about how to use complete Defender while running Malwarebytes

Moved from Windows 10

Original title: Malwarebytes and Defender

Julsie, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Windows defender's process running despite it being disabled.

Windows Defender is integrated within Windows 10. So you have it and it is running (as it should be) unless you installed a 3rd party "real-time" anti-malware solution. If you are using an alternative security solution, it should have registered itself with Windows Action Center which would then disable the real-time component of Windows Defender - unless you specifically told the 3rd party solution not to register itself.

For example, if you purchased Malwarebytes "Premium", it has a real-time scanner (the free version does not). When you install Malwarebytes Premium, it registers itself in Windows Action Center. But because Malwarebytes and Windows Defender play very well together without hogging resources or causing conflicts, it is often recommended to allow each to run at the same time. So to allow that, the user has to manually go into the Malwarebytes control panel Settings menu and select the option to "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center".

I suspect other 3rd party solutions provide similar options so you might check that out if you did indeed, install a 3rd party security solution.

Both Windows Update and Windows Defender are supposed to step way back in to the background so they do not interfere with system performance when you are actively using your computer. But this is not always possible, especially if you regularly shut down your computer when you step away from it (instead of just letting it go to sleep), as too much time may have passed and your system is too far behind in Windows and security updates.

Without you noting which program was actually consuming the lion's share of that 80%, there's no way to tell what, at this point, was causing the problem. However, I would not put it past a browser. Chrome, for example, is very good (or bad, I should say) at eating up a lot of RAM and failing to let it go when exited.

Bill_Bright, Sep 15, 2018
  4. RUN Windows Defender simultaneously with Malwarebytes

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes for windows 10

From the first day I owned this computer, with windows 8 OS, to today when I have upgrade to windows 10 OS I have been able to run both windows defender and Malwarebytes together with no issues. That is until sometime after January 4, 2018 and the update
    from Microsoft.

And I believe Microsoft even updated windows defender in 2016 to allow another antivirus/antimalware program to run simultaneously.

I have real-time protection turned on for both program but I don't run automatic scans. I try to run a Malwarebytes antimalware full scan daily because it runs so much faster than windows defender quick scan. If necessary I would run a quick scan with windows
    defender but not since January 4th.

Thanks for your response though,

Bob

BobHarding1, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

RUN Windows Defender simultaneously with Malwarebytes

1. RUN Windows Defender simultaneously with Malwarebytes - Similar Threads - RUN Defender simultaneously

2. Windows defender stop simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender stop simultaneously: I am having a hard time using my windows defender , every time I run it it will hang up and closed. This error will show up what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-stop-simultaneously/bf547b18-ef04-4a7a-aa40-8027d8df042a
  3. Windows defender stoping simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender stoping simultaneously: I have been having a hard time using windows defender, everytime I run it, it will hang up and I need to re-open it. However, upon restarting it, an error would show up. I tried restarting several times and nothing works. Please help....
  4. Defender and Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender and Malwarebytes: Can Defender and Malwarebytes run together? Do I have to disable one to use the other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-and-malwarebytes/f5875915-752c-4803-b761-cd49242dc225
  5. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes: What should I do if I use Malwarebytes with Windows Defender ? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-and-malwarebytes/2f649ff1-9d93-48c7-97ab-680c114c3e62
  6. windows defender+malwarebytes??

windows defender+malwarebytes??: what happen if i install malwarebytes while using windows defender ? will this two is enough for my device against malware and viruses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defendermalwarebytes/f5ef60b1-adb1-4dd6-8244-a3bb0cf69bbc"
  7. Malwarebytes & Windows defender?

Malwarebytes & Windows defender?: Hello hello, New win 10 user here and need to ask a question. I had defender running, I installed Malwarebytes (paid) and defender has shut itself down I think? No matter what I do I can not start it up. And I keep getting notifications to install an AV program or enable...
  8. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes: I have Windows 10 and have used the free Malwarebytes for quite sometime. However, I've read where Windows Defender does a pretty good job. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion but I'm thinking of removing Malwarebytes and just using Defender. Or do you think that's a bad...
  9. Running both Malwarebytes & Windows Defender ?

Running both Malwarebytes & Windows Defender ?: Have been running MBAM Pro and Windows Defender. This article incl exclusions for both progs to avoid potential conflicts when running simultaneously - How to Run Malwarebytes Alongside Another Antivirus "Malwarebytes is coded in a different way and is designed to run...
  10. Malwarebytes and windows defender

Malwarebytes and windows defender: Glad to hear it. Please click the "Solved" box at the bottom of the thread. It will help other users that might come across the same issue.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. malwarebytes and windows defender together

2. will windows defender run with malwarebytes?

3. should I run Malware Bytes and Windows Defender together

4. can i install malwarebytes and window defender on the same computer,
  5. can you have both windows defender and malwarebytes premium running at the same time?,
  6. does malwarebytes and windows defender work at same time,
  7. windows defender and malwarebytes running together in windows 10,
  8. using windows defender and malwarebytes,
  9. malwarebytes and windows defender,
  10. using malwarebytes with windows defender,
  11. running windows defender and malwarebytes,
  12. can you run malwarebytes and windows defender,
  13. can i use windows defender and malwarebytes,
  14. best to use microsoft defender plus malwarebytes or norton plus malwarebytes