Windows 10: run windows from external hd in mid 2007 imac el capitan

Discus and support run windows from external hd in mid 2007 imac el capitan in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to run windows on a imac, mid 2007. I Have an external hd, used previously on a PC, that has Windows 10 installed. Is it posible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PMCCosta, Mar 22, 2020.

1. PMCCosta Win User

run windows from external hd in mid 2007 imac el capitan

Hi,

I am trying to run windows on a imac, mid 2007. I Have an external hd, used previously on a PC, that has Windows 10 installed. Is it posible to boot from that disk? How?

Thanks

:)

PMCCosta, Mar 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Dual Boot With El Capitan.

I know this has probably been asked many times, but I am unable to find a proper guide on how to dual boot El Capitan alongside Windows 10.
    So here are the basics of my rig
    Windows 10 is already installed on my HDD via legacy boot.
    My specs as shown in Speccy:

run windows from external hd in mid 2007 imac el capitan [​IMG]

Judging from the specs, I can safely say that El Capitan will run on my rig.
    How do I go about dual booting it? I have downloaded an image of El Capitan.

blackbirdabhi, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Boot camp problem on imac os x 11.7 with windows 10

I have Windows 10 and el capitan on my imac. el capitan works great but win 10 time doesn't stay correct and volume doesn't work. The problem doesn't seem to be fixable in Settings or with updates.

frankhattonZI, Mar 22, 2020
  4. run windows from external hd in mid 2007 imac el capitan

Windows Phone App For OSX El Capitan

Since updating to El Capitan, I've been unable to synchronise using the windows phone app. Furthermore I removed the app and cannot re-install it, presumably because it needs updating for El Capitan and re-releasing to the App Store. Likelihood is that
    I'll get some flippant and pointless comments as usual, but really what I want is some direction from Microsoft as to a timescale on when it will be updated.

Acilisos(2), Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

run windows from external hd in mid 2007 imac el capitan

1. run windows from external hd in mid 2007 imac el capitan - Similar Threads - run external mid

2. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat: I copied the contents of my external HD to a new external HD, not knowing I was going from NTFS to exFat. Upon completion, I noticed that the first and last folder transferred correctly, while all the folders in between are empty. However, the new external HD shows 508 GB...
  3. Convert Mid-2011 iMac from UEFI to Legacy BIOS.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert Mid-2011 iMac from UEFI to Legacy BIOS.: Hello! I have a mid-2011 iMac with which I am dual booting windows 10 and macOS high sierra. Since it is not compatible with bootcamp, I made a bootable usb drive and used that instead. This all worked very well except for that Windows does not recognize my sound card. I...
  4. BSOD on mid-2011 imac running Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on mid-2011 imac running Windows.: After installing Windows on a mid-2011 imac using a USB boot drive (the imac is too old for Bootcamp), I get a system_thread_exception_not_handled error with a BSOD. I can try to provide more information if needed but I am not sure what is relevant. Thank you so much for...
  5. No sound on iMac mid 2011 windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on iMac mid 2011 windows 10: I have windows 10 on a imac mid 2011 i have installed the bootcamp software and countless other drivers but still no sound is outputting. Its telling me that amd hd not plugged in, error code 10. The only way i can hear sound is through my ps4 controller but some applications...
  6. looking for osx yosemite or el capitan sound scheme

in Windows 10 Customization
    looking for osx yosemite or el capitan sound scheme: Hi i'm bored about windows 10 sounds i would like to customize the sound scheme i would like to customize with yosemite or el capitan cool sound scheme on the net i found only Transformation packs , i don't want them i want to customize only the sounds can you...
  7. Installing Windows 10 via Bootcamp on El Capitan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 via Bootcamp on El Capitan: I've tried to google about this but I can't really get any help regarding this. I thought it'd be better if I could have some advise about this. Basically, I have to deploy Windows 10 Enterprise to many macbooks (different hdd space). The problem I'm facing is the fact...
  8. Windows 10 Dual Boot With El Capitan.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Dual Boot With El Capitan.: I know this has probably been asked many times, but I am unable to find a proper guide on how to dual boot El Capitan alongside Windows 10. So here are the basics of my rig Windows 10 is already installed on my HDD via legacy boot. My specs as shown in Speccy: [img]...
  9. El Capitan: Microsoft will not release fix for Outlook 2016 crashes

in Windows 10 News
    El Capitan: Microsoft will not release fix for Outlook 2016 crashes: El Capitan: Microsoft will not release fix for Outlook 2016 crashes - IT News from V3.co.uk 26482
  10. Dual Boot Windows 10 on Mac OS X El Capitan

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Boot Windows 10 on Mac OS X El Capitan: Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with running windows 10 through boot camp on mac os x? I currently am experiencing glitchy display images as well as not being able to use the search bar next to the windows start menu. 8036