Windows 10: Run with graphics processor option gone

Discus and support Run with graphics processor option gone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve read that with the 2004 (I think it’s 2004, my pc is fully updated) update that option is gone. I want it back. I went to the windows gpu settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Anthony_813, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Run with graphics processor option gone

I’ve read that with the 2004 (I think it’s 2004, my pc is fully updated) update that option is gone. I want it back. I went to the windows gpu settings and selected some apps to run on “high performance” (1050) but when I open those apps, they do not open on the gpu and there is no activity on it. They open on the integrated one. I have also tried changing settings on the nvidia control panel, did not work. My pc is also set to high performance mode. What can I do?

submitted by /u/Anthony_813
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Anthony_813, Jul 15, 2020
  2. MaybeRaj Win User

Change default graphics processor option NOT WORKING!

I am having issue with changing default graphics processor in Windows 10 .

So when I right-click on an application and go to Run with graphics processor option and click on
    Change default graphics processor , literally nothing happens. I expect some window popping up but it is just not doing anything!

Run with graphics processor option gone 07589530-648f-4fe5-a2f0-a01d4a3d2d7f?upload=true.png

I did not had that problem before but after updating it stopped working.

I am running: Windows 10 Home SL, Version 1903 on my laptop:
    ASUS tuf fx505
    , NVIDIA GTX 1060 and Intel I7 8th gen.

MaybeRaj, Jul 15, 2020
  3. MaybeRaj Win User
    Change default graphics processor option NOT WORKING!

No, it runs the application with that graphics processor for one time only. I want to set it as
    default.

MaybeRaj, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Quark02 Win User

Run with graphics processor option gone

Where is 'run with graphics processor' context menu in Start menu?

I just upgraded from Windows 7 and was used to the possibility of choosing which graphics processor I use to launch programs from the Start menu. This option does not appear with the latest NVidia drivers, all I get are five options, two of which are about
    pinning.

Right now the only workaround is to Open file location and have the context menu option to run with either graphics card/chip from the File Explorer, which is somewhat annoying. I know NVidia Control Panel allows me to set the default graphics processor,
    which is an even bigger annoyance when testing how well an application runs on the Intel chip and comparing it to the Nvidia card.

Running Windows 10 Home (64-bit).

Quark02, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Run with graphics processor option gone

1. Run with graphics processor option gone - Similar Threads - Run graphics processor

2. "Switchable Graphics" option in my BIOS has gone missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Switchable Graphics" option in my BIOS has gone missing.: I've reinstalled windows 11 on my Lenovo Legion laptop and after this I couldnt find a way again to make my laptop also run on integrated graphics.The option was in BIOS but it has simply vanished and I can't see why.It is a gaming laptop, however, I use it at school and...
  3. "Switchable Graphics" option in my BIOS has gone missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Switchable Graphics" option in my BIOS has gone missing.: I've reinstalled windows 11 on my Lenovo Legion laptop and after this I couldnt find a way again to make my laptop also run on integrated graphics.The option was in BIOS but it has simply vanished and I can't see why.It is a gaming laptop, however, I use it at school and...
  4. Change Default Graphics Processor Context Menu option not doing anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change Default Graphics Processor Context Menu option not doing anything: Windows 10 with NVIDIA processor: The "Change default graphics processor" context menu item should change the default graphics processor but it does not. [ATTACH] This setting can only be changed in the NVIDIA Control Panel >3D Settings > Manage 3D settings > Program...
  5. Run with Graphics Processor gone and I want to get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run with Graphics Processor gone and I want to get it back: So I downloaded Microsoft Update which turns out to be broken, fixed it but later noticed that Run with Graphic Processor is missing from NVidia Context Menu and Right Clicking Application. I know this Update is intentional but I don't care, now I don't have an option to...
  6. Run with graphics processor option not available after new update in November of windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run with graphics processor option not available after new update in November of windows.: Run with graphics processor option not available after new update in November of windows. What should I do ....run with graphics processor option missing.... From right click context menu as well as nvidia control panel Plz suggest something [IMG] [IMG]...
  7. Since I updated to 2004, the "Run with graphics processor" feature is gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since I updated to 2004, the "Run with graphics processor" feature is gone: I tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers several times both studio and game ones, and there's no such thing in the control panel settings either. Since reinstalling didn't fix it I assume it's a Windows issue, but how do I fix it? I don't want to manually set each program in...
  8. Photoshop graphic processor -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photoshop graphic processor -: Hi, I need to access Perspective warp tool on photoshop. However, It is greyed because I currently have a Toshiba pro L850 1DT laptop with an intel R HD Graphics 3000 and am advised this is up to date. Adobe advise I check updates and get the latest drivers installed....
  9. Change default graphics processor option NOT WORKING!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change default graphics processor option NOT WORKING!: I am having issue with changing default graphics processor in Windows 10 . Please help me solve it. So when I right-click on an application and go to Run with graphics processor option and click on Change default graphics processor , literally nothing happens. I expect...
  10. Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.: Hi, Im new here to the forum because i have an odd issue and i can't find anything on the net so i thought i ask here. I am on Windows 10 - 64 version 1607 build 14393.1358 The problem is that i don't have the options for processor power management anymore in power...