Windows 10: Run without video

Discus and support Run without video in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a series of automated cursor and keyboard manipulation programs that will happily run, Win 11 based, all night long, without the benefit of or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TomVan Wormer, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Run without video

I have a series of automated cursor and keyboard manipulation programs that will happily run, Win 11 based, all night long, without the benefit of or need for monitors to be active or visible. I'd like to turn off the monitors, in a fashion similar to that performed by scrnsave, without having win 11 turning them back on. So far, all I've found is assorted hacks that invariably run acropper of the fact that, indeed, the keyboard is simulated, the mouse is simulated, and all of that needs to work. Is there out there anywhere a solution that lets Win 11 run WITH the monitors fully asle

:)

TomVan Wormer, Jul 1, 2022

2. Video playback

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you run the Troubleshooting Wizard to troubleshoot hardware and devices. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the video drivers, then follow these steps:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or
      download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jul 1, 2022
  3. video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which application you are using to play the video?
    • What is the format of the videos you are trying to play?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?

This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback
    Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update your graphic card drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 1, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Run without video

No video after installing Windows10

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • In the left pane click on View all
    • Select Video Playback.
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapter’.
    • Locate the display driver.
    • Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Arul_D, Jul 1, 2022
Thema:

Run without video

1. Run without video - Similar Threads - Run without video

2. dosvc running without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dosvc running without permission: How is it dosvc running without permission, and even i stopped it, and it will relaunch again and run by itself? It said i dont have permission to disable it like whatt?...
  3. dosvc running without permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dosvc running without permission: How is it dosvc running without permission, and even i stopped it, and it will relaunch again and run by itself? It said i dont have permission to disable it like whatt?...
  4. Running windows without activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running windows without activation: Hello I want to ask if using unactivated windows 10 is legal or illegal. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-windows-without-activation/c13bbb37-b003-4c43-8b3d-dbddab8c2103
  5. Running windows without activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running windows without activation: Hello I want to ask if using unactivated windows 10 is legal or illegal. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-windows-without-activation/c13bbb37-b003-4c43-8b3d-dbddab8c2103
  6. Run without video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run without video: I have a series of automated cursor and keyboard manipulation programs that will happily run, Win 11 based, all night long, without the benefit of or need for monitors to be active or visible. I'd like to turn off the monitors, in a fashion similar to that performed by...
  7. Running .NET without admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running .NET without admin: Hello all, Is it possible to run the Windows .NET Framework without admin privileges? This is the screen I get every time I try to run the program: [ATTACH] Thanks...
  8. Excel will not run without App

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel will not run without App: I was cleaning up WindowsApps and VBA would not run if I deleted: Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16051.11126.20266.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16051.11126.20266.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe I removed the apps and uninstalled Office and reinstalled it and it still...
  9. Computer starts, without video.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer starts, without video.: The cabinet starts, the strangest thing is that there is no screen, no image: Try these sequence > clean fan> cooler> verify that the hard drive boots> replaced memories> replaced cmos battery> clean all peripherals > change vga cable> with another monitor> source replaced >...
  10. Running a network without a router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running a network without a router: Our holiday cottage will soon have a Dell Small Form Factor Windows 10 Pro PC. It would be handy if visitors could access the PC via WiFi, but would that necessarily involve having a router? I've worked with routers ever since the inception of Ethernet, but I've never come...