Windows 10: Runas as administrator without plain password

Discus and support Runas as administrator without plain password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I would like to run "psexec.exe" or "runas.exe" without entering password in command line. Meaning is to call password via... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by YeLin Aung, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Runas as administrator without plain password

Hello Everyone,

I would like to run "psexec.exe" or "runas.exe" without entering password in command line.

Meaning is to call password via text file or redirect the password like what

psexec -u .\administrator calc.exe -accepteula -nobanner < password.txt

runas.exe /user:.\Administrator calc < password.txt

It fail. When I try,

***psexec -u .\administrator -p xxxx calc.exe -accepteula -nobanner

***runas.exe /user:.\administrator xxxx calc.exe

It success.

How can I type psexec.exe or runas.exe without entering password in one line command like *** ?

:)

YeLin Aung, Jul 31, 2019
  2. Borad Win User

runas command won't recognize administrator password

I tried the runas command to configure some software I just updated, as the directions said, but my administrator password was rejected. Then I tested the runas command on a pdf file that I know for sure is in the current directory (it can open from the command line), but my administrator password is still rejected.

Settings > Accounts says:

Seka
    Local Account
    Administrator

And I'm able to confirm my current password and change it (I change it to the same password). But here's the problem:
    C:\Users\Seka\Desktop>runas /u:administrator Lightworks_v12.5.0_User_Guide.pdf
    Enter the password for administrator:
    Attempting to start Lightworks_v12.5.0_User_Guide.pdf as user "SEKA-PC\administrator" ...
    RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - Lightworks_v12.5.0_User_Guide.pdf
    1326: The user name or password is incorrect.
    C:\Users\Seka\Desktop>

Any tips? Ways to confirm my password works or that I'm the administrator or anything? It's too late for me to go back to Windows 7.

EDIT: I was surprised with a log on screen when I turned my computer on this morning. I had to enter my password. It worked though.

Borad, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Sending password from a script for runAs command

Hello,

Currently working on a code to stop and start a windows services with administrator credentials from a java programming language.

Was researching on runAs command but couldn't pass send password either through piping the command or by reading the password through a file.

Is there a possibility to send the password for runAs from java programming language.

Thanks!

Subrahmanyam Venkataraman, Jul 31, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

Runas as administrator without plain password

How to use RunAs without password prompt?

You are telling the runas program to use the built-in account named "Administrator." If you're logged into an administrator account you can simply launch an administrative PowerShell or Cmd.exe session and run the regedit program without invoking the other account. Thus, for example because I don't have the built-in account enabled at present (it's disabled by default), here's what happened when I ran your command, followed by simply typing regedit.exe (which launched the registry editor with admin privileges just fine):

Runas as administrator without plain password [​IMG]

HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: you can check the status of the built-in administrator account by typing "net user administrator" at an administrative command prompt or in an administrative PowerShell session. Here's how I know for sure that the administrator account is not active on my PC:

Runas as administrator without plain password [​IMG]

EdTittel, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Runas as administrator without plain password

1. Runas as administrator without plain password - Similar Threads - Runas administrator without

2. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account: This laptop was gifted to me, There are two accounts on it, my account and the other person's account who previously used this laptop. I tried to download something and it told me that I had to use the pin of the administrator's account for it to make changes, but I don't...
  3. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account: This laptop was gifted to me, There are two accounts on it, my account and the other person's account who previously used this laptop. I tried to download something and it told me that I had to use the pin of the administrator's account for it to make changes, but I don't...
  4. Changing administrator password without knowing the password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing administrator password without knowing the password.: I have an account on my pc that i never use. It was created by Microsoft when i got the pc. However, it was an administrator account for a while until i took it off as it always caused trouble. right now, im trying to access an app but windows keeps asking for the...
  5. Changing administrator password without knowing the password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing administrator password without knowing the password.: I have an account on my pc that i never use. It was created by Microsoft when i got the pc. However, it was an administrator account for a while until i took it off as it always caused trouble. right now, im trying to access an app but windows keeps asking for the...
  6. reset administrator password without current administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset administrator password without current administrator password: I have looked at the posted Q&A related to resetting administrator password and followed the advice provided in an attempt to solve my problem but without a solution for my issue. When the password was created I was unaware of the ability to recover a password using a form...
  7. RECOVERING ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD WITHOUT PASSWORD RESET DISC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    RECOVERING ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD WITHOUT PASSWORD RESET DISC: I am the owner and ONLY user of my desktop PC. On this computer, I have two accounts: one is for me personally, and the other is "Administrator." I need to get into that Administrator account, but cannot remember the password. I have tried to reset it, but apparently I need...
  8. Sending password from a script for runAs command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sending password from a script for runAs command: Hello, Currently working on a code to stop and start a windows services with administrator credentials from a java programming language. Was researching on runAs command but couldn't pass send password either through piping the command or by reading the password through a...
  9. How to use RunAs without password prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use RunAs without password prompt?: Hi! I tried to use RunAs to start and program as admin. After entering this command: RunAs.exe /user:Administrator "regedit.exe" it shows prompt to enter password. Is possible to override password prompt by any way? Or enter password in command? Thank you for help. Miro...
  10. runas command won't recognize administrator password

in Windows 10 Support
    runas command won't recognize administrator password: I tried the runas command to configure some software I just updated, as the directions said, but my administrator password was rejected. Then I tested the runas command on a pdf file that I know for sure is in the current directory (it can open from the command line), but my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. runas /user: password

2. runas without password windows 10

3. runas /user:admin /password:

4. runas/u:administrator cmd how to get pass,
  5. runas.exe /user:Administrator password