Windows 10: Runas bat file won't launch file explorer after windows 10 updates

Discus and support Runas bat file won't launch file explorer after windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a batch file setup to prompt me for my admin account password so I can access file explorer as an admin to get to users network folders on our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Karen Hearn, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Runas bat file won't launch file explorer after windows 10 updates

I have a batch file setup to prompt me for my admin account password so I can access file explorer as an admin to get to users network folders on our file server. The user I login to my computer with does not have admin rights. This bat file was working, up until yesterday, when I installed windows updates for windows 10. The cmd box prompts me for my password, but disappears once I enter my password. I tried this with a different admin user, same results. I believe one of the windows updates has caused this issue, as I have already checked our virus software to make sure it wasn't blocking it. Screenshots attached of the updates installed on 10-15-18.

Runas bat file won't launch file explorer after windows 10 updates 936fe342-e190-4ed5-9fb7-e1a68f3f5ab5?upload=true.png

Runas bat file won't launch file explorer after windows 10 updates bcedc426-d412-4058-b3da-43ef01db02a8?upload=true.png

Runas bat file won't launch file explorer after windows 10 updates eeee11f0-5d1f-44c2-9391-d6dfa97e927a?upload=true.png

:)

Karen Hearn, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2018
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Runas bat file won't launch file explorer after windows 10 updates

Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Runas bat file won't launch file explorer after windows 10 updates

1. Runas bat file won't launch file explorer after windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Runas bat file

2. Bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  3. Unable to launch .bat file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to launch .bat file: So as the title suggestsHere is the video of my errorVideo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-launch-bat-file/2c3d04bd-a739-4cab-b1dd-1353103485ba
  4. Bat file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bat file: Good morning/evening/night, I wanted to create a batch file or an exe that can change options inside the gui of an application (the application is cisco webex) (if you are familliar with webex i want to change the audio or turn it to music mode witha batch file) but i am...
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing shortly after launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing shortly after launching: Hello, My File Explorer crashes shortly after opening. I've tried all recommended troubleshooting approaches to no avail. Here is the diagnostic for my most recent crash. Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎1/‎21/‎2020 8:17 PM Status...
  6. Runas File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Runas File Explorer: Hello All, Is there a way to open file explorer as another user in windows 10? Thanks, submitted by /u/aspiretoinspire7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hnj0zs/runas_file_explorer/
  7. How to launch a bat file the second internet disconects? WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to launch a bat file the second internet disconects? WINDOWS 10: All I want is to have a bat file I made run the second my wireless internet spontaneously disconnects. I have tried using task scheduler but I just found out Start only if the following network connection is available is broken after Windows 10 anniversary update. Checked or...
  8. Scheduled Task Won't Launch Program with .bat File

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scheduled Task Won't Launch Program with .bat File: I wrote a couple simple bat files to both shut down and launch Adobe Media Encoder on a Windows 10 machine. When I double click on them, both launch and execute flawlessly. However when I schedule a task and click to run them from the scheduled task, the status just shows...
  9. Bat Files Won't Run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat Files Won't Run?: Basically I'm installing BattlEye for a Steam game and I click the .bat file in the game's subfolder to download it (when I was prompted to download it I clicked no but now I practically need it for most servers), and I download the .bat from the main website and it also...
  10. reset windows update bat file

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reset windows update bat file: Hi, I had found this on a different site and saved it as "fix update.bat" and I run it when I have problems. It seems to help without breaking anything so I thought I'd post it. I'm not entirely sure what it does though Code: @echo off net stop wuauserv net stop bits net...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. batch files wont run in win 10