Windows 10: runas takes 20-30 seconds to get started

Discus and support runas takes 20-30 seconds to get started in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a program that I use to script some GUI only programs. I use it to have a one button desktop shortcut with (essentially) the following command:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rocket777, Dec 2, 2019.

1. rocket777 Win User

runas takes 20-30 seconds to get started

I have a program that I use to script some GUI only programs. I use it to have a one button desktop shortcut with (essentially) the following command:

C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:mycompname\Administrator /savecred "myprogram.exe myscript.ext"

I need the runas since I'm trying to script the easeus todo image backup. Normally, this program requires me to click on a user authorization dialog box, the one that dims the rest of the screen. So, I'm using the runas and Administrator to automate that.

Everything works ok, except when I run this shortcut, there's about a 20-30 second delay as it, apparently, is checking credentials or something. If I run it a second time, just after the first one finishes, then there's no delay. After some minutes, however, there is again a delay on starting it up.

I'm running win10 1903 build 18362.356

Anyone know how to eliminate the delay?

:)

rocket777, Dec 2, 2019

2. why is my cursour feezing every 20- 30 seconds?

why is my cursor freezing every 20- 30 seconds for about 20- 30 seconds?

Miamiconexant, Dec 2, 2019
  3. sevilla08 Win User
    30 seconds to start gallery>

Hi, after I take a photo on my N73, it takes upto 30 seconds for the photo to show in gallery. any ideas on why?

I have only taken around 20-30 photos but gallery seems to be slowing down the more photos I add. To launch it from the button or menu takes 20-40 seconds. Otherwise, the phone works well.

sevilla08, Dec 2, 2019
  4. runas takes 20-30 seconds to get started

Stuck at OneDrive screen during Surface Pro 6 initial setup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try the below suggested steps.

Method 1

1. Unplug all the external devices except Mouse and Keyboard.
    2. Try to reboot the device and check the status of the issue.
    Method 2

I would suggest you to perform Power drain by following the suggested steps.

1. Press and hold the Power Button down for 30-40 seconds.
    2. Hold the Volume Rocker up and Power ON for almost 20 second.
    3. Release the power button and wait for next 10-15 seconds.
    4. Press the power button to turn on your Surface and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

runas takes 20-30 seconds to get started

1. runas takes 20-30 seconds to get started - Similar Threads - runas takes seconds

2. why is my cursour feezing every 20- 30 seconds?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is my cursour feezing every 20- 30 seconds?: why is my cursor freezing every 20- 30 seconds for about 20- 30 seconds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cursour-feezing-every-20-30-seconds/1faf0592-de8f-4ef3-981d-92fa20602c70
  3. File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open after 1903 update: 1903 Update, Now File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open. Once opened, right-clicking files takes 30-60 seconds to respond with the appropriate pop-up. Selecting properties on the ribbon bar takes 30-60 seconds. Other file operations using the ribbon buttons and navigating...
  4. Explorer.exe is constantly refreshing every 20~30 seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe is constantly refreshing every 20~30 seconds.: Okay so recently windows explorer.exe has started to suspend its process and relaunch itself every 20~30 seconds (Can be seen in the Task Manager) where the taskbar would just disappear and reappear along with the desktop, and I can't get anything done with it going crazy all...
  5. starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins: pretty much the title. My PC used to take 30 secs to start and now it takes at least 2 mins (i actually timed it), most of this time is spent on the windows logo loading screen. it's been 2 months. last thing i remember doing was installing Samsung SSD Magician and...
  6. File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder: Hi, as in the title file explorer takes 30'' to create a new folder, is there a solution to this? I have already verified that the disk is not "sleeping" when I create the folder. This happens to me with both ssd and spinning drives, on different pc ( HP and Asus) and also...
  7. windows take 30 minute for start-up

windows take 30 minute for start-up: Hi my pc tack up 30 minute for start I have i7 7700 + h110+hdd 750g+hdd 1t +gtx650 -- i install another windows and download new windows iso + update windows+update bios and delete all partition and check disk andThe problem still exists i open "Event...
  8. Windows explorer refreshes itself after every 20-30 seconds.

Windows explorer refreshes itself after every 20-30 seconds.: Hi Every time when I open a folder and scroll down, after every 20 to 30 seconds, the Explorer refreshes itself and goes back to the start of the page. Also, when I rename a file and have to type something, most of the time the Explorer refreshes while I am typing, and the...
  9. computer taking 15-30 seconds to complete task

computer taking 15-30 seconds to complete task: Everytime I try to click on anything on the computer - it takes 15-30 seconds and will usually show the circle spinning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-taking-15-30-seconds-to-complete-task/0d7558bb-d145-4250-8f96-05431af325ea
  10. Programs Take a Few Seconds to Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Take a Few Seconds to Start: Over the past few weeks I've noticed that when I launch programs (no matter what it is) it takes about 5 seconds to appear. For example, I use VLC media player for videos; music; etc. If I launch it (whether just the program or directly via a file) it won't appear for a few...