Windows 10: RunDLL error - "illeew2.dll"

Discus and support RunDLL error - "illeew2.dll" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get this random error pop-up message and it doesn't seem like anything in particular triggers it. The message says:"There was a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 101stJTL, Jun 15, 2021.

1. 101stJTL Win User

RunDLL error - "illeew2.dll"

I get this random error pop-up message and it doesn't seem like anything in particular triggers it. The message says:"There was a problem startingC:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\<username>\illeew2.dllThe specified module could not be found."I've tried to search the specified .dll file and could not find anything on it. I looked at a few other threads on here and thought maybe it was leftover Malware; Used the Autoruns program and found zero references to it. There was only one file highlighted in yellow and it was Adobe related no surprise there.Any thoughts on this .dll file

:)

101stJTL, Jun 15, 2021

2. RUNDLL Error???

Well, it is missing a DLL to call functions from & get return values on...

*Smile RunDLL error - "illeew2.dll" :)

* What RUNDLL32.exe does, is allow programs to call functions out of libraries (dynamic link libraries, DLL files) to perform some action, just like regular programs can in today's object-oriented world & yes, even @ this level, it's really "object-oriented" by calling reuseable functions in program from libs.

(You really have to find out what DLL it is though, & that is the KEY point here)...

It depends on how the app was coding & some "rules" regarding HOW libs/dlls are searched for by Win32 Portable Executables.

You may want to compare some libs in %WinDir%\system32 folder that are from SOUNDFORGE, or get a list of them from the OEM... This WILL be the harder one & especially w/out such a list!

Just searching in a %PATH% publicly accessible folder (like SYSTEM32 in Windows is), going to be a "bummer", because TONS of apps put their DLL's there!

HOWEVER, some folks who code (especially nowadays in the era of HUGE disks) put the libs into the app's folder w/ it's .exe file(s), which would make this easier by far.

SOME MECHANICS/DETAILS/NUTS & BOLTS:

The placement of DLL's into an app's folder on disk w/ it's .exe files actually launches faster because apps first place to seek libs?

IN THEIR OWN FOLDER!

(That also helps avoid "DLL Hell" excellently, by the way, provided the coder(s) did not "hardcode" their LoadLibrary API calls w/ specific paths to files elsewhere (not really needed for publicly accessible ones on the system %PATH% though, but this IS slower than keeping DLL's needed in the same folder as the .exe files are for an app))

APK

P.S.=> Your errmsg posted does help some though, it shows this lib it is looking for is underneath the SOUNDFORGE folders... whew! Thank Goodness for that... now, you need a list of libs/dlls that app uses, & the one that's missing? Download it, if possible, or check the install image/CD & put it back in there... I would put them ALL in there if you can, make sure the app's not running while you do, & go for it!

GOOD LUCK! apk

Alec§taar, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10,Run DLL error pop up

Hello - I am also have DLL issues with Windows 10. I get a rundll error when I try to go to settings.

The error says error running VVCE8/.../MSHTML - the parameter is incorrect.

I tried both suggestions listed above with no success. Any help appreciated....

George

GeorgeMcNeil, Jun 15, 2021
  4. RunDLL error - "illeew2.dll"

Windows 10 Bizarre RunDLL Error in shell32.DLL

I have a new (~month old) HP Envy 17" laptop computer running Windows 10. When I attempt the following, I get a bizarre RunDLL error in shell32.dll:

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,control_RunDLL ncpa.cpl

The bizarre error is as follows:

RunDLL Error in shell32.dll

Missing entry: control_RunDLL

I selected Install as the Windows Topic for this query because I don't know where it actually fits. I figured either I have a syntax error or there may be something wrong with the OS installation.

Please help. Thank you.

Samurai7388, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

RunDLL error - "illeew2.dll"

1. RunDLL error - "illeew2.dll" - Similar Threads - RunDLL error illeew2

2. Rundll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rundll error: This kind of error occurs when I used any pendrive pls give me solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error/ca9711ab-69fe-4462-8732-9a87179de8ee
  3. Rundll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rundll error: This kind of error occurs when I used pendrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error/933f0738-52fd-48d3-ba8d-98f1af6d153d
  4. Rundll error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rundll error: This kind of error occurs when I used any pendrive pls give me solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error/ca9711ab-69fe-4462-8732-9a87179de8ee
  5. Rundll error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rundll error: I have a core i3 12th Gen window 11.When I use pendrive in the laptop there are different types of rundll error such as the way that there was a problem starting insufficient system resources exist to complete requested services another one is not valid win 32 and I can not...
  6. RunDLL Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RunDLL Error: Hello how do i fix this error message it keeps on saying "Error in C:/Users/Kervi/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/xlibservice/service/xservice.dll Missing entry: StopService. Appreciate help thanks....
  7. RunDll error

in Windows 10 Customization
    RunDll error: I get this on start up RunDll There was a problem starting C:\Users\Kathy\cnmss The specific module could not be found. How do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error/c0263013-73ae-4424-bf69-b5cd6a098ae4
  8. RunDLL Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RunDLL Error: I always have this error and its irritating I close it and it appears again after few minutes some recommendations to install some programs to sort this issue but nothing seems to work Please HELP [ATTACH]...
  9. RunDLL Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    RunDLL Error: [ATTACH] What should I do to fix this problem? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error/16404ed6-b005-45ec-8267-fc70ab1c4b71
  10. RUNDLL error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RUNDLL error: I posted earlier today regarding a missing driver error, but omitted to say that it was actually a RUNDLL error. C:\User\****\AppData\Local\comsrv.dll. I've seen various websites and YouTube videos that deal with this problem, but many of the solutions involve downloading...