Windows 10: RunDLL Errors after reinstalling Windows

Discus and support RunDLL Errors after reinstalling Windows in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello there, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 with the options to only reinstall Windows and keep my personal files. Recovery -> Reset this PC ->... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NathanRothermel, Mar 15, 2021.

1. RunDLL Errors after reinstalling Windows

Hello there,

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 with the options to only reinstall Windows and keep my personal files. Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Keep my files. It seemed at first to work fine but on my second restart after successfully reinstalling I get two RunDLL errors, one for StartupCheckLibrary.dll and one for winscomrssrv.dll.

I looked on the internet first for some help and found where to see in Windows Defender what made those files quarantined. I had three "Threat removed or restored" actions in my Protection history.

1- Threat removed or restored - Severe [Detected: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore Status: Removed or restored]

- Affected items: regkeyvalue: hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows defender\real-time protection\\DisableBehaviorMonitoring

2- Threat quarantined - Severe [Detected: Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock Status Quarantined]

- Affected items: file: C:\Windows\System32\StartupCheckLibrary.dll and file: C:\Windows\System32\winscomrssrv.dll

3- Threat quarantined - Severe [Detected: Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner.C!rfn Status Quarantined]

- Affected items: file: C:\Windows\System32\winlogui.exe and file: C:\Windows\System32\winrmsrv.exe

Currently, every restart I get these RunDLL errors:

RunDLL Errors after reinstalling Windows 6c7032a4-105a-4a56-b401-93f2616dddb1?upload=true.png RunDLL Errors after reinstalling Windows d7e1d268-a41e-4c93-af91-d6650a9a64be?upload=true.png

I wasn't getting these errors before I reinstalled Windows but now get them on every restart.

I am currently looking for any help regarding these errors. Should I restore these files? I'm not sure how to find the files that made them get quarantined or if I can or if I even need to do anything since these seem to not affect my computers performance at all. If anyone has any ideas, all help is appreciated.

:)

NathanRothermel, Mar 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 Pro - Rundll Error Message

Hi Giota,

I am sorry to know that you are getting a Rundll error.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer and check. Also, check for Windows updates.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Open command prompt and type the commands below (Type it in Search or Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Command Prompt admin).
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the Command Prompt window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Florio Win User
    RUNDLL error

I posted earlier today regarding a missing driver error, but omitted to say that it was actually a RUNDLL error.
    C:\User\****\AppData\Local\comsrv.dll.

I've seen various websites and YouTube videos that deal with this problem, but many of the solutions involve downloading third-party software. Others involve reinstalling programmes or fiddling with the registry. I'd be happy to edit the registry entry or reinstall the program, but in this particular case the actual program where the module was/is located is not specified in the address.

In your opinion, which is the best way to get rid of the annoying error message that appears whenever I start up my PC?

Florio, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Alcpone Win User

RunDLL Errors after reinstalling Windows

RUNDLL Error???

I have been getting this error since I reinstalled Sound Forge 7, but it still loads up after error, I have tried reinstalling and it makes no difference?

Any ideas why im getting it?

*Wink RunDLL Errors after reinstalling Windows ;)

Alcpone, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

RunDLL Errors after reinstalling Windows

1. RunDLL Errors after reinstalling Windows - Similar Threads - RunDLL Errors reinstalling

2. Rundll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rundll error: This kind of error occurs when I used any pendrive pls give me solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error/ca9711ab-69fe-4462-8732-9a87179de8ee
  3. Rundll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rundll error: This kind of error occurs when I used pendrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error/933f0738-52fd-48d3-ba8d-98f1af6d153d
  4. Rundll error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rundll error: This kind of error occurs when I used any pendrive pls give me solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error/ca9711ab-69fe-4462-8732-9a87179de8ee
  5. Rundll error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rundll error: I have a core i3 12th Gen window 11.When I use pendrive in the laptop there are different types of rundll error such as the way that there was a problem starting insufficient system resources exist to complete requested services another one is not valid win 32 and I can not...
  6. RunDLL Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RunDLL Error: Hello how do i fix this error message it keeps on saying "Error in C:/Users/Kervi/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/xlibservice/service/xservice.dll Missing entry: StopService. Appreciate help thanks....
  7. RunDll error

in Windows 10 Customization
    RunDll error: I get this on start up RunDll There was a problem starting C:\Users\Kathy\cnmss The specific module could not be found. How do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error/c0263013-73ae-4424-bf69-b5cd6a098ae4
  8. RunDLL Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RunDLL Error: I always have this error and its irritating I close it and it appears again after few minutes some recommendations to install some programs to sort this issue but nothing seems to work Please HELP [ATTACH]...
  9. RunDLL Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    RunDLL Error: [ATTACH] What should I do to fix this problem? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error/16404ed6-b005-45ec-8267-fc70ab1c4b71
  10. RUNDLL error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RUNDLL error: I posted earlier today regarding a missing driver error, but omitted to say that it was actually a RUNDLL error. C:\User\****\AppData\Local\comsrv.dll. I've seen various websites and YouTube videos that deal with this problem, but many of the solutions involve downloading...