Windows 10: rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically

Discus and support rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ever since I built my computer MSI B360M Mortar mobo, I've noticed that rundll32 and svchost used my microphone from time to time 1-3 day intervals.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OrionK1, Jul 23, 2020.

1. OrionK1 Win User

rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically

Ever since I built my computer MSI B360M Mortar mobo, I've noticed that rundll32 and svchost used my microphone from time to time 1-3 day intervals. I'm sure I haven't downloaded any malware, and when I go to the file location, it brings me to system32, so it wouldn't be a virus. I've read that those two files can be spoofed to cover their tracks, but I'm 99.9% sure that isn't the case.

Windows 10 2004

:)

OrionK1, Jul 23, 2020
  2. OrionK1 Win User

Ever since I built my computer (MSI B360M Mortar mobo), I've noticed that rundll32 and svchost used my microphone from time to time (1-3 day intervals). I'm sure I haven't downloaded any malware, and when I go to the file location, it brings me to system32,
    so it wouldn't be a virus. I've read that those two files can be spoofed to cover their tracks, but I'm 99.9% sure that isn't the case.

Windows 10 2004

OrionK1, Aug 3, 2020
  3. rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically

Hi OrionK1-

Thank you for your kind reply and i do apologize for being offline. rundll32 and svchost are components of Windows. A lot of users mistakenly think that those are a virus or malicious files running on the system file.

Rundll32 is a legitimate windows file that execute .DLL file while the svchost is process name for a services that runs on the background of your Operating system.

Regards.

Kevin B.

Independent advisor

Kevin Bartolo., Aug 3, 2020
  4. OrionK1 Win User

Alright, and their supposed to use my microphone?

OrionK1, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically - Similar Threads - rundll32 svchost using

2. rundll32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rundll32: I have a program that has a "d3d.dll" file in it and when I run the program it causes "rundll32.exe" to run.When I exit, and check the task manager "rundll32.exe" is still running as a process. This causes problems when I run the program again.So haw can I stop the...
  3. rundll32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rundll32: I have a program that has a "d3d.dll" file in it and when I run the program it causes "rundll32.exe" to run.When I exit, and check the task manager "rundll32.exe" is still running as a process. This causes problems when I run the program again.So haw can I stop the...
  4. Rundll32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rundll32: I just have a question about something that happens all the time for me. When i start my pc while its fully been shutdown, my task manager looks always good and the same as each start up. But always, aftrr i would "restart" my pc. Not shutdown and restart. Rundll32...
  5. Microphone is used by svchost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is used by svchost: [ATTACH] Whenever i try to use my microphone it gets taken over by svchost.exe and it doesn't allow me to use it i can't make a video call with sound, record, etc...
  6. svchost.exe and rundll32.exe is using my microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svchost.exe and rundll32.exe is using my microphone: I notice the problem recently, maybe after the update KB4532693. Everytime I start my windows, I see "1 app using my microphone" tips shows up in taskbar. I click it to get more information. It tells me that svchost.exe is using my microphone. I download theprocess explorer...
  7. SVCHOST using 100% DIsk

SVCHOST using 100% DIsk: I am running Build 18985. System is running very slow and System task is using 100% Disk. I have researched the issue and found process SVCHOST using the disk. I have done the following: Disabled Microsoft Update Disabled all startup process Stopped all services except...
  8. Rundll32

Rundll32: Ever since I downloaded the windows 10 update from windows 8, my laptop was never the same! I had the laptop for over 5 years and now the CPU is running at 99-100 percent, with tons of windows host/rundll32 processors in the background, causing it to run so slow I can’t...
  9. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?: Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4 which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be sthg to do with the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Process Explorer seemed no help on this, and I've been running...
  10. Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources

in Windows 10 Support
    Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources: Windows host process Rundll32 in task manager shows 4% cpu usage and 3 mb/s disk acitivity for an extended period. It slows down my pc, upgraded from Windows 7. Why is this and what is it doing? Maybe it's no big deal, or maybe that's normal. Just wondering. Any replies...