Windows 10: Rundll32 created PowerShell .ps1 or .pms1 files

Discus and support Rundll32 created PowerShell .ps1 or .pms1 files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I need to understand this process tree, from the eldest to the newest:C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k wsappx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Giuseppe_Di_Salvo, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Rundll32 created PowerShell .ps1 or .pms1 files

Hello,I need to understand this process tree, from the eldest to the newest:C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k wsappx -p -s AppXSvcC:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\EDGEHTML.dll",#141 ReaderNotificationClient_e1rzdqpraam7rThe last command also caused the creation of the file C:\Windows\Temp\__PSScriptPolicyTest_e5yslh1z.2rq.ps1So far, I suspect wsappx is related to Windows Store and ReaderNotificationClient should be a component of Adobe Reader.What could be the cause of the above events? Adobe Reader installation/update via Windows Store?

:)

Giuseppe_Di_Salvo, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Szewczyk Win User

Setting .PS1 scripts default program to Powershell is soooooooooooo freak'in difficult

In Windows 10, .PS1 by default program is set to notepad, yeah go wonder, even though the description for a .PS1 file is "Windows Powershell Script", then of course trying to set it to Powershell brings up a dialog that asks "Which app do you want it to
    set to" and of course there is no app named Powershell. Then the dialog wants you to search the computer to find Powershell even though it is Microsoft's major player in scripting, the Windows 10 can't find, I have to hunt and peck to find the executable.

Szewczyk, Aug 15, 2022
  3. WinTenUsr Win User
    How to set file associations in PowerShell so that .ps1 is exec by PS

How to set file associations in PowerShell so that a .ps1 Script is executed by PowerShell when double clicked.
    I tried:
    Code:
    No error is shown when executed and the desktop is shortly after refreshed, but unfortunately the .ps1 Script is still not executed by PowerShell.

I noticed under Code:
    a Code:
    Folder is created when one manually sets a "Open with" program. This folder contains two important entries:
    Code:
    But unfortunately one can't manually set a Hash since the Hash value is created automatically by Windows, so the value is kinda secret? -- additionally, the value has a different value each time, despite the a same program name.

WinTenUsr, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Rundll32 created PowerShell .ps1 or .pms1 files

Powershell doubt

I can see that I missed part of your question.

When, in the ISE, you can type in
    .\
    you should see a list of the files in the current folder so that you can select your desired .ps1 file.
    - If you do not see the list then the .ps1 file would seem to be in a different folder instead.
    - But the response in that case would be an error response telling you that it cannot recognise it.
    - I have just been playing around and I cannot recreate the exact symptoms shown in your diagram.
    - I suggest that you test the .ps1 with the ISE closed just to prove that it does run properly. Then you'll be able to focus on its interaction with the ISE as the main problem.

Denis

Thema:

Rundll32 created PowerShell .ps1 or .pms1 files

1. Rundll32 created PowerShell .ps1 or .pms1 files - Similar Threads - Rundll32 created PowerShell

2. Why can't I edit PowerShell .ps1 files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I edit PowerShell .ps1 files?: When I right click any .ps1 file and try to edit it, I get the message below. This is a new computer if that matters. But the .ps1 files are stored on OneDrive, not sure why there is a problem....
  3. Why can't I edit PowerShell .ps1 files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I edit PowerShell .ps1 files?: When I right click any .ps1 file and try to edit it, I get the message below. This is a new computer if that matters. But the .ps1 files are stored on OneDrive, not sure why there is a problem....
  4. Powershell Script .ps1 file Does Not Work When Executed Through Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Powershell Script .ps1 file Does Not Work When Executed Through Task Scheduler: Hi there, I have created a .ps1 file which contains a RoboCopy script to copy files from a folder on my C: drive which contains a database, and paste them into a folder on my OneDrive so that they can be safely backed up to the cloud and have a history of changes.The code...
  5. Powershell Script .ps1 file Does Not Work When Executed Through Task Scheduler

Powershell Script .ps1 file Does Not Work When Executed Through Task Scheduler: Hi there, I have created a .ps1 file which contains a RoboCopy script to copy files from a folder on my C: drive which contains a database, and paste them into a folder on my OneDrive so that they can be safely backed up to the cloud and have a history of changes.The code...
  6. Rundll32 created PowerShell .ps1 or .pms1 files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Rundll32 created PowerShell .ps1 or .pms1 files: Hello,I need to understand this process tree, from the eldest to the newest:C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k wsappx -p -s AppXSvcC:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\EDGEHTML.dll",#141...
  7. Rundll32 created PowerShell .ps1 or .pms1 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rundll32 created PowerShell .ps1 or .pms1 files: Hello,I need to understand this process tree, from the eldest to the newest:C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k wsappx -p -s AppXSvcC:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\EDGEHTML.dll",#141...
  8. How to convert PowerShell script (PS1) file to EXE with IExpress on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to convert PowerShell script (PS1) file to EXE with IExpress on Windows 10: [ATTACH]You can wrap an executable file around a PowerShell script (PS1) so that you […] This article How to convert PowerShell script (PS1) file to EXE with IExpress on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. assign powershell to ps1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    assign powershell to ps1: hi win10 1909 here. i want to assign powerhell to open ps1 files. now notepad.exe is assigned, and i cant change this to powershell is there a way to assign powershell to ps1 files ? submitted by /u/rtl33 [link] [comments]...
  10. How to set file associations in PowerShell so that .ps1 is exec by PS

How to set file associations in PowerShell so that .ps1 is exec by PS: How to set file associations in PowerShell so that a .ps1 Script is executed by PowerShell when double clicked. I tried: Code: cmd /c "ASSOC .ps1=Microsoft.PowerShellScript.1" cmd /c "FTYPE...