Windows 10: Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage

Discus and support Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the subject suggests. I booted my PC this morning to rundll32 running multiple instances (at least 20 of them running). It literally renders my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DevinSexton, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage

As the subject suggests. I booted my PC this morning to rundll32 running multiple instances (at least 20 of them running). It literally renders my PC unusable in normal mode. However it runs fine in sademode.

Things I've already tried

Sfc

Disabled all start up items and processes that are not Windows items (clean boot)

These instances of runddl32 have no details tied to them in process viewer

PC Specs

i7-6700k

16GB Corsair LPX 3000mhz

Gtx 960

Asus z170-a mobo

750 corsair gold psu

Everything was working fine last night, my PC has not been connected to the internet due to hurricane Michael, so this isn't a Windows update issue.

I am hoping someone else has had this problem and knows the fix, I am out of ideas and I really don't want to do a OS refresh.

Thanks in advanced

:)

DevinSexton, Nov 29, 2018

2. Windows host process rundll32 running 19 instances

Hi,

To isolate the issue, you need to boot your computer in safe mode. Safe mode is an option
    in starting your PC with minimal set of drivers and services. By running safe mode, you can check if it's still running multiple rundll32 instances.

Don't hesitate to give us updates on your concern.

Arthur Rui, Nov 29, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

This is a very first thing that I turn off after any Windows Installation (7/8/10).
    1. Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler
    2. Right click & disable 3 items as shown:

Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage

Feature suggestions - Confirm on exit, Allow/not allow multiple instances

Now that we have a separate Setting screen, I think GPU-Z can go creative & useful with adding various new options there.

For example, I suggest:
    1) An option to confirm on exit. Now it is easy to accidentally close/exit GPU-Z, which you may not want to happen in many cases. This should be in Settings - a checkbox named "Ask for confirmation on exit", and also when you exit, if enabled, it should show a dialog with something like this:
    "GPU-Z will be closed, please confirm." (or if it is better as a question - "GPU-Z will be closed, are you sure?") with "Quit, Cancel, Quit & stop asking" buttons in the box.

If user clicks "Quit & stop asking", they will have to re-enable the option in Settings, if they want it again.

2) Other similar system monitoring programs also have an option to allow or disallow multiple instances.
    So, this could be added in a checkbox with wording like "Allow multiple GPU-Z instances" OR if you want to have it as negative "Do not allow multiple GPU-Z instances" (or if you want this shorter, the GPU-Z part can be removed).

What do you guys/author think, please?

Thema:

Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage

1. Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage - Similar Threads - Rundll32 multiple instances

2. High GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High GPU: I'm experiencing an issue where my games use 100% of the GPU in Task Manager causing the FPS to become stuck at 100-103 fps. The problem arises when I spend time outside games google, discord.., it doesnt happen when im in the game, for example I close a game and i use google...
  3. high gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high gpu: I'm experiencing an issue where my games use 100% of the GPU in Task Manager causing the FPS to become stuck. The problem arises when I spend time outside games google, and the only solution seems to be restarting the computer. Any solution please?...
  4. Explorer.exe multiple instances and high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe multiple instances and high CPU usage: On a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro on an Intel B560 system running a 10850k paired with an Nvidia 1080 Ti, Windows Explorer still seems to be experiencing a "bug" that causes explorer to launch a separate process every so often that ramps up my CPU fan and puts my CPU under...
  5. Explorer.exe multiple instances and high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe multiple instances and high CPU usage: On a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro on an Intel B560 system running a 10850k paired with an Nvidia 1080 Ti, Windows Explorer still seems to be experiencing a "bug" that causes explorer to launch a separate process every so often that ramps up my CPU fan and puts my CPU under...
  6. Multiple Instances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  7. Multiple Instances

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  8. Keyboard freezing in high cpu useage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard freezing in high cpu useage: I have experiencing keyboard lags in 90% cpu useage which causes my keyboard to stop for a while and only keys like esc works. My keyboard have no problems because it runs on my secon pc well. I have installed latest drivers also checked the power management settings for...
  9. CPU useage unexplained high

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU useage unexplained high: Yesterday updated system via Windows update , just normal security monthly , and cumulative updates , and today turned system on . Task manager has unexpectedly showing cpu useage at very high levels 100%. Normally CPU usage at 5% with No more than normal programs opened ....
  10. Incessant beeping, high useage of Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Incessant beeping, high useage of Windows explorer: Windows version 1909 build 18363.836. computer has 3 note chime every 3 seconds. Task manager shows Windows explorer using 9 to 14% of the time even with no Explorer windows open. with an Explorer window open usage is 17 to 37%. Com Surrogate also shows 4% usage though I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rundll32.exe keep running multiple instances

2. multiple instances of rundll32