Windows 10: Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage

Discus and support Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the subject suggests. I booted my PC this morning to rundll32 running multiple instances (at least 20 of them running). It literally renders my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DevinSexton, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage

As the subject suggests. I booted my PC this morning to rundll32 running multiple instances (at least 20 of them running). It literally renders my PC unusable in normal mode. However it runs fine in sademode.

Things I've already tried

Sfc

Disabled all start up items and processes that are not Windows items (clean boot)

These instances of runddl32 have no details tied to them in process viewer

PC Specs

i7-6700k

16GB Corsair LPX 3000mhz

Gtx 960

Asus z170-a mobo

750 corsair gold psu

Everything was working fine last night, my PC has not been connected to the internet due to hurricane Michael, so this isn't a Windows update issue.

I am hoping someone else has had this problem and knows the fix, I am out of ideas and I really don't want to do a OS refresh.

Thanks in advanced

:)

DevinSexton, Nov 29, 2018

2. Windows host process rundll32 running 19 instances

Hi,

To isolate the issue, you need to boot your computer in safe mode. Safe mode is an option
    in starting your PC with minimal set of drivers and services. By running safe mode, you can check if it's still running multiple rundll32 instances.

Don't hesitate to give us updates on your concern.

Arthur Rui, Nov 29, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

This is a very first thing that I turn off after any Windows Installation (7/8/10).
    1. Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler
    2. Right click & disable 3 items as shown:

Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage

Feature suggestions - Confirm on exit, Allow/not allow multiple instances

Now that we have a separate Setting screen, I think GPU-Z can go creative & useful with adding various new options there.

For example, I suggest:
    1) An option to confirm on exit. Now it is easy to accidentally close/exit GPU-Z, which you may not want to happen in many cases. This should be in Settings - a checkbox named "Ask for confirmation on exit", and also when you exit, if enabled, it should show a dialog with something like this:
    "GPU-Z will be closed, please confirm." (or if it is better as a question - "GPU-Z will be closed, are you sure?") with "Quit, Cancel, Quit & stop asking" buttons in the box.

If user clicks "Quit & stop asking", they will have to re-enable the option in Settings, if they want it again.

2) Other similar system monitoring programs also have an option to allow or disallow multiple instances.
    So, this could be added in a checkbox with wording like "Allow multiple GPU-Z instances" OR if you want to have it as negative "Do not allow multiple GPU-Z instances" (or if you want this shorter, the GPU-Z part can be removed).

What do you guys/author think, please?

Thema:

Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage

1. Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage - Similar Threads - Rundll32 multiple instances

2. Incessant beeping, high useage of Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Incessant beeping, high useage of Windows explorer: Windows version 1909 build 18363.836. computer has 3 note chime every 3 seconds. Task manager shows Windows explorer using 9 to 14% of the time even with no Explorer windows open. with an Explorer window open usage is 17 to 37%. Com Surrogate also shows 4% usage though I...
  3. cpu useage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu useage: Ever since the December upgrade my CPU useage has always been near or at 100% with memory useage of 4K at 80% or higher. I am running Chrome and avast. I tried uninstalling avast but it stays in the tray and runs and shows up but can not uninstall. I get avast antivirus...
  4. Multiple Instances of Single Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Instances of Single Printer: I recently added my printers to a new computer running Windows 10. For some reason each one is showing multiple instances of the drivers in the various settings. Trying to figure out why and how to get rid of the extra versions that are not needed. [ATTACH]...
  5. Multiple instances of Word on re-start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple instances of Word on re-start: For the last few days when I START or RESTART in WIndows 10, multiple instances of WORD, several instances of EXCEL, and one instance of POWERPOINT start, and maybe OUTLOOK start unrequested, despite all individual apps being shut down before shutting down the laptop. It is...
  6. Multiple instances of the same folder open

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of the same folder open: I feel kinda dumb asking this, but here goes. Has windows always allowed having multiple instances of the same folder open? I can't remember. I can open the same folder from a desktop shortcut in an unlimited amount of instances. I can find my desktop toolbar filling up...
  7. Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of Windows Explorer: Opened up task manager and saw that in the Processes tab, there were 41 instances of Windows Explorer running. I open WE frequently but only one or two at the same time and didn't have any open at that time. And it's not just a temporary thing, I have been checking...
  8. Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance: The following screenshot is from a Win 7 machine. I had multiple tabs open in ie11 and had one crash. When it restarted itself, the taskbar only has one instance of the ie11 showing, but all tabs are still intact. Is there a way to do this in Win 10 on purpose? It would make...
  9. Multiple Instances of 'Speakers (SndTAudio)'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Instances of 'Speakers (SndTAudio)': Hi - when I look at my audio devices I can see 16 instances of 'Speakers SndTAudio' each of which is in "ready" status and five instances of AMD High Definition Audio Device (none of which are plugged in). I only recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro and I have...
  10. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?: Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4 which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be sthg to do with the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Process Explorer seemed no help on this, and I've been running...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rundll32.exe keep running multiple instances

2. multiple instances of rundll32