Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources

Discus and support Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows host process Rundll32 in task manager shows 4% cpu usage and 3 mb/s disk acitivity for an extended period. It slows down my pc, upgraded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by te7, Aug 7, 2015.

1. TE7
    te7 Win User

Windows host process Rundll32 in task manager shows 4% cpu usage and 3 mb/s disk acitivity for an extended period. It slows down my pc, upgraded from Windows 7. Why is this and what is it doing? Maybe it's no big deal, or maybe that's normal. Just wondering. Any replies welcome and thanks in advance.

:)

2. sarmadys Win User
    sarmadys, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Computerabber Win User
    High disk usage and Ram usage

At this point I wouldn't worry about memory. It would be useful to know what's chewing the disk though. Either order the Disk columns on order of usage or open the Resource monitor (under Performance) and drill down to see what's chewing your disk at
    startup. (Or CPU usage should also tell us the story.)

Computerabber, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

I can't see it at all in my task manager so I would assume it has something to do with what you have running on start up.

Download Process Explorer it will tell you what it is
    Process Explorer

Bazz, Aug 7, 2015
  5. TairikuOkami Win User
    TairikuOkami, Aug 7, 2015
  6. TE7
    te7 Win User
    The only SoundBlaster item in my startup is the volume control notification in the taskbar, which is probably good to keep maybe. Maybe I'll try disabling it and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip.

7. TairikuOkami Win User
    Well Creative usually creates something like this, maybe not on your soundcard.

TairikuOkami, Aug 7, 2015
  8. TE7
    te7 Win User

It doesn't list that way. It's just "VolPanlu.exe /r".

Thema:

1. Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources - Similar Threads - Rundll32 using disk

2. Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home: I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 Home OEM license. My old PC died, but it had a transferrable Windows 10 Pro license whose product key I had printed out before it died. Both Windows copies are linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade my new PC to Windows...
  3. How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10: Windows 10 has a feature that allows part of your hard drive to work the same way that RAM(Random Access Memory) does. Known as virtual memory, it is important to system stability and can help improve your computer’s performance when properly configured. Before covering how...
  4. Install Windows 10 on UEFI mode using Linux PXE server

Install Windows 10 on UEFI mode using Linux PXE server: Hi, I need to install Windows 10 on my client machine in UEFI mode using Linux PXE server. Can anyone please provide me some insights for the same. I am able to perform the same in UEFI mode exactly the same way as shown in the given link: Install Windows 7’ over ‘PXE...
  5. Google Chrome Spiking CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Google Chrome Spiking CPU: As the title says google chrome will go from using 6% CPU to 75% without me doing anything. And just in comparison when I play Fortnite it only uses about 20% of my CPU. This just makes no sense to me....
  6. Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?: I want to be able to backup files and folders onto an external drive without them being combined into some sort of Windows image file, like Backup and Restore Windows 7 feature does. The File History backup does what I want, but I don't want to keep previous versions of...
  7. Started getting bsod registry error friday tried everything. Using windows 10 64bit

Started getting bsod registry error friday tried everything. Using windows 10 64bit: I Started getting bsod registry 0xce0000225 error friday. Ive tried everything in command prompt I could find online to fix this. Restoring the registry, Restoring the boot. My dvd drive doesnt seem to want to work either which is peculiar. My dvd drive doesnt work, And I...
  8. Re-using my Windows 10 license on a new build PC after my old hardware died.

Re-using my Windows 10 license on a new build PC after my old hardware died.: Hi My old laptop died and I want to use the licence I had on there on a new-build PC. The laptop is registered in my Microsoft account, but I don't have the keys anymore - can I re-use the license?...
  9. Disk LOCKED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk LOCKED: Updates crashed windows10-now when resetting it says to unlock disk??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/disk-locked/280e2077-f656-43d3-8083-46ce8c2137e3
  10. Windows 10 will not recognize a blank dvd in the dvd burner, I'm using an adapter to a USB 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not recognize a blank dvd in the dvd burner, I'm using an adapter to a USB 3: Windows 10 will not recognize a blank dvd in the dvd burner, I'm using an adapter to a USB 3. Have de-installed and reinstall, updated drivers, inserted multiple DVDs. and nothing....