Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources

Discus and support Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Windows host process Rundll32 in task manager shows 4% cpu usage and 3 mb/s disk acitivity for an extended period. It slows down my pc, upgraded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by te7, Aug 8, 2015.

1. TE7
    te7 Win User

Windows host process Rundll32 in task manager shows 4% cpu usage and 3 mb/s disk acitivity for an extended period. It slows down my pc, upgraded from Windows 7. Why is this and what is it doing? Maybe it's no big deal, or maybe that's normal. Just wondering. Any replies welcome and thanks in advance.

:)

2. sarmadys Win User
    sarmadys, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Computerabber Win User
    High disk usage and Ram usage

At this point I wouldn't worry about memory. It would be useful to know what's chewing the disk though. Either order the Disk columns on order of usage or open the Resource monitor (under Performance) and drill down to see what's chewing your disk at
    startup. (Or CPU usage should also tell us the story.)

Computerabber, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

I can't see it at all in my task manager so I would assume it has something to do with what you have running on start up.

Download Process Explorer it will tell you what it is
    Process Explorer

Bazz, Aug 8, 2015
  5. TairikuOkami Win User
    TairikuOkami, Aug 8, 2015
  6. TE7
    te7 Win User
    The only SoundBlaster item in my startup is the volume control notification in the taskbar, which is probably good to keep maybe. Maybe I'll try disabling it and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip.

7. TairikuOkami Win User
    Well Creative usually creates something like this, maybe not on your soundcard.

TairikuOkami, Aug 8, 2015
  8. TE7
    te7 Win User

It doesn't list that way. It's just "VolPanlu.exe /r".

Thema:

Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources - Similar Threads - Rundll32 using disk

1. Runtime error of rundll32.exe on Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime error of rundll32.exe on Win10: Has anyone met this issue? It came sometimes, but I don't know why it happens. [img] 59047
  2. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?: Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4 which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be sthg to do with the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Process Explorer seemed no help on this, and I've been running...
  3. [W10/1703] Clean Install, Rundll32 UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    [W10/1703] Clean Install, Rundll32 UAC Prompt: ...and most items from the taskbar context menu (from programs) mainly File Explorer. I'm also having the DISM issue like most 1703-ers. Initially I updated to 1703 from 16xx and programs I was previously using began to fail so I rolled back, and was met with a...
  4. Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager: As the title: I noticed Windows startup was slow, so I wanted to disable some startup apps, and noticed there are 2 Windows host process (Rundll32) - each of them has Startup impact: medium Is one of them a malware? 69586
  5. Why is Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup?: Why is there a Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup tab in Task Manager? I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 default action, or if it came from some program I installed. Shouldn't rundll32.exe start automatically if it's needed? It's not a virus, I'm...
  6. Rundll32 Commands List for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Rundll32 Commands List for Windows 10: Hi and thanks typo in [Desktop Icon Settings] c 77458
  7. rundll32.exe opens and closes continiously

in Windows 10 Support
    rundll32.exe opens and closes continiously: All this started back in early August, or about the time "Windows Creator" was installed. I have sound notifications for processes that open or close, a paranoia from long ago, or I would have never known this was going on. rundll32.exe continuously opens and closes...
Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources solved