Windows 10: Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources

Discus and support Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows host process Rundll32 in task manager shows 4% cpu usage and 3 mb/s disk acitivity for an extended period. It slows down my pc, upgraded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by te7, Aug 7, 2015.

1. TE7
    te7 Win User

Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources

Windows host process Rundll32 in task manager shows 4% cpu usage and 3 mb/s disk acitivity for an extended period. It slows down my pc, upgraded from Windows 7. Why is this and what is it doing? Maybe it's no big deal, or maybe that's normal. Just wondering. Any replies welcome and thanks in advance.

:)

2. sarmadys Win User
    sarmadys, Aug 7, 2015
  3. High disk usage and Ram usage

At this point I wouldn't worry about memory. It would be useful to know what's chewing the disk though. Either order the Disk columns on order of usage or open the Resource monitor (under Performance) and drill down to see what's chewing your disk at
    startup. (Or CPU usage should also tell us the story.)

Computerabber, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

I can't see it at all in my task manager so I would assume it has something to do with what you have running on start up.

Download Process Explorer it will tell you what it is
    Process Explorer

Bazz, Aug 7, 2015
  5. TairikuOkami, Aug 7, 2015
  6. TE7
    te7 Win User
    The only SoundBlaster item in my startup is the volume control notification in the taskbar, which is probably good to keep maybe. Maybe I'll try disabling it and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip.

7. Well Creative usually creates something like this, maybe not on your soundcard.

TairikuOkami, Aug 7, 2015
  8. TE7
    te7 Win User

It doesn't list that way. It's just "VolPanlu.exe /r".

Thema:

1. Rundll32 using disk and cpu resources - Similar Threads - Rundll32 using disk

2. Disk and CPU 100 % use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk and CPU 100 % use: Can u help me this problem solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-and-cpu-100-use/a8c26f3f-83ae-4832-ba0a-b83519d50802
  3. Disk and CPU 100 % use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk and CPU 100 % use: Can u help me this problem solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-and-cpu-100-use/a8c26f3f-83ae-4832-ba0a-b83519d50802
  4. Disk and CPU 100 % use

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. High CPU, disk and memory use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU, disk and memory use: I have a dell computer, the model is Inspiron 3455 and there has been a lot of issues with high uses in task manager, playing games is very laggy and crashes a lot. I was wondering if there’s any fix to this? My pc is on windows 10...
  6. High CPU, disk and memory use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU, disk and memory use: I have a dell computer, the model is Inspiron 3455 and there has been a lot of issues with high uses in task manager, playing games is very laggy and crashes a lot. I was wondering if there’s any fix to this? My pc is on windows 10...
  7. High CPU, disk and memory use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically: Ever since I built my computer MSI B360M Mortar mobo, I've noticed that rundll32 and svchost used my microphone from time to time 1-3 day intervals. I'm sure I haven't downloaded any malware, and when I go to the file location, it brings me to system32, so it wouldn't be a...
  9. Windows 10’s search will stop hogging disk or CPU resources

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s search will stop hogging disk or CPU resources: Windows 10 20H1 update, which will be released later this year, includes fixes for excessive disk and CPU usage caused by Windows Search Indexer. Today, Microsoft confirmed that the company is working on another Windows 10 update that will include more changes for Windows...
  10. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?: Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4 which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be sthg to do with the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Process Explorer seemed no help on this, and I've been running...