Windows 10: Rundll32

Discus and support Rundll32 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just have a question about something that happens all the time for me. When i start my pc while its fully been shutdown, my task manager looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FinalDebt92, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Rundll32

I just have a question about something that happens all the time for me.

When i start my pc while its fully been shutdown, my task manager looks always good and the same as each start up.

But always, aftrr i would "restart" my pc.

Not shutdown and restart.

Rundll32 always seems to be running in my task manager.

But only appears after a "restart" not a shutdown + restart.

The rundll32 is located in the C:\windows\system32

Which is the place it should be located if it was the legit one.

So, i was just wondering if it's normal that it appears aftrt a "restart" and not a shutdown + restart.

:)

FinalDebt92, Oct 31, 2020
  2. hsehestedt, Oct 31, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Rundll32.dll?

Make sure to use an adminstrative command prompt.

Try this: ICACLS "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.dll" /T /grant Everyone:F or ICACLS c:\windows\system32\rundll32.dll /T /grant Everyone:F
    Can't remember if it is with, or without, quotes.

But, why do all this... try FileAssassin by Malwarebytes, if you are trying to delete the files, but be careful, if you delete the Rundll32.dll files your OS may take a cr*p on you.

95Viper, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Rundll32

rundll32.exe error in windows 10

Yes, i tried those troubleshooting steps and I didn't found anything relating to the file (rundll32.exe)

AaronJoshua, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Rundll32

1. Rundll32 - Similar Threads - Rundll32

2. This action can’t be completed because the file is open in Windows host process Rundll32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This action can’t be completed because the file is open in Windows host process Rundll32: Whenever I try to delete, move, or otherwise change the location of a file I am met with this error code. This only occurs in my B drive, which is an internal SATA SSD....
  3. A File called "Windows Host Process Rundll32" has been accessing my microphone at random...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A File called "Windows Host Process Rundll32" has been accessing my microphone at random...: A File called "Windows Host Process Rundll32" has been accessing my microphone at random intervals. I have done virus checks and it doesn't look like malware but I'm not 100% sure. I'm using windows 11. Any help would be great thanks!...
  4. A File called "Windows Host Process Rundll32" has been accessing my microphone at random...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A File called "Windows Host Process Rundll32" has been accessing my microphone at random...: A File called "Windows Host Process Rundll32" has been accessing my microphone at random intervals. I have done virus checks and it doesn't look like malware but I'm not 100% sure. I'm using windows 11. Any help would be great thanks!...
  5. Rundll32 random pop ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rundll32 random pop ups: I keep getting random Rundll32 pop ups asking for permission. Is there anyway to get this to stop? Or is there an issue that I have to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll32-random-pop-ups/77b532ee-2f37-46cd-92d2-491bb825d9ba
  6. Rundll32 random pop ups

Rundll32 random pop ups: I keep getting random Rundll32 pop ups asking for permission. Is there anyway to get this to stop? Or is there an issue that I have to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll32-random-pop-ups/77b532ee-2f37-46cd-92d2-491bb825d9ba
  7. 'rundll32' Command Line I've Never Seen Before in Task Manager, What Was It?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'rundll32' Command Line I've Never Seen Before in Task Manager, What Was It?: I scrolled in Task Manager and saw that rundll was there, which isn't normal; I checked the command line column in the Details tab and it said something like;"appxdeployment extensions shellcore refresh" or something similar to thatthe AppX Deployment service runs on and off...
  8. 'rundll32' Command Line I've Never Seen Before in Task Manager, What Was It?

'rundll32' Command Line I've Never Seen Before in Task Manager, What Was It?: I scrolled in Task Manager and saw that rundll was there, which isn't normal; I checked the command line column in the Details tab and it said something like;"appxdeployment extensions shellcore refresh" or something similar to thatthe AppX Deployment service runs on and off...
  9. 'rundll32' Command Line I've Never Seen Before in Task Manager, What Was It?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Kaspersky alert: Visit ot a website was prevented - rundll32.exe

Kaspersky alert: Visit ot a website was prevented - rundll32.exe: Split from this thread. Hi, I have had the same issue.The below is what my antivirus is showing KasperskyEvent: Visit to a website was prevented User type: Initiator Application name: rundll32.exe Application path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64 Component: Safe Browsing Result...