Windows 10: Rune regedit for non-admin user

Discus and support Rune regedit for non-admin user in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Somehow my ToastNotifications got switched off. Need to have admin privileges to switch it back on. Running regedit as Administrator doesn't work. Have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by macnab, Oct 17, 2018.

1. macnab Win User

Rune regedit for non-admin user

Somehow my ToastNotifications got switched off. Need to have admin privileges to switch it back on. Running regedit as Administrator doesn't work. Have a .reg file, but that has to be double-clicked, so no privileges. Can't set Properties ... Run as Administrator for a .reg file.

Short of making my profile and Administrator, running regedit and then switching my profile back again, is there a way to do this?

:)

macnab, Oct 17, 2018
  2. IMA
    ima Win User

ATITool 0.24 in non-admin user

Hmm, strange thing. I uninstalled v0.24 and installed v0.23, which works fine. After I read your advices, I installed v0.24 again and "Voila!", it starts in PowerUsers (non-admin) without errors/complains.
    Thank you for your suggestions and sorry for the post.

3. No speaker sound for non admin users

Hej.

Where in contact with ASUS support Sweden (again) but as they see no HW problem they could not give any support. ("Contact Microsoft.")

Yes, when I changed the "non admin" account to an admin account, sound OK.

(I have tested that before when I had more accounts created.)

No I have not started regedit. All I have installed is

• Realtek driver 6.0.1.8258 from Microsoft Update Catalog. File name "5b6644dd-0407-4d0a-8543-ea2b97f14a2c_f9dc3c67a538c6a240a27bf1853a356f9db92d6f.cab"
    • ASUS Audio_Sound_Control_v10002. Downloaded from ASUS support Sweden.
    If/what they tweaked in the registry, I dont know.

Realtek ... "Starting with Windows"? Hmm, sorry, dont understand. Windows installs Realtek driver automagically.

According to my notes from last install (Swedish):

• Installed Windows, with network cable connected, got older Realtek automagically (6.0.1.7836). No sound after reboot, logging in as admin
    • Installed Realtek 6.0.1.8258. No sound after reboot, logging in as admin
    • Installed ASUS Audio_Sound_Control_v10002. Sound OK. Rebooted and logged in as admin, sound still OK.
    • Created the non admin account. (Before this I had only the Admin account created during Windows installation.)

/Sten-Åke

Sten-Åke Werner, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Rune regedit for non-admin user

No speaker sound for non admin users

Hej, again

Stopped all Startup/Services, but no change.

Rune regedit for non-admin user 9e8ab48c-f7c4-41fd-8534-0961bbf43f07.png

Rune regedit for non-admin user 558507f2-0f4a-40f1-9531-ecdb23873362.png

Tests I made:

• Start computer
    • Login with a non admin account
    • No speaker sound when I change speaker volume
    • Switch to an admin account. I get speaker sound when I change speaker volume
    • Sign out from admin account and switch back to non admin account. Sound when changing speaker volume

Any more suggestions?

/Sten-Åke

Sten-Åke Werner, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Rune regedit for non-admin user

1. Rune regedit for non-admin user - Similar Threads - Rune regedit non

2. How to make a user admin from regedit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make a user admin from regedit: Hi there, I am trying to create an admin account for windows but I cant use any of the methods that other people use becuase I can not open the files that are needed to do that. I can access the registry and the file system externally so I was wondering if I could create a...
  3. How to make a user admin from regedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a user admin from regedit: Hi there, I am trying to create an admin account for windows but I cant use any of the methods that other people use becuase I can not open the files that are needed to do that. I can access the registry and the file system externally so I was wondering if I could create a...
  4. How to make a user admin from regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  6. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  7. Black screen at startup for non admin users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen at startup for non admin users: I installed a new DVD drive on my Windows 10 pc. Now when I boot as a non admin user I get a black screen with cursor. If I boot as administrator it works fine? What’s the deal? Running latest windows 10 update....
  8. MS 365 Family - Adding a non-admin user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS 365 Family - Adding a non-admin user: Hi, all. I'd like to add my wife to my MS 365 account but I'd like her to have her own computer sign on and screen that's different from mine even though we are using the same computer. Will I get that if I have her create an account via MS 365 Family or should I have her...
  9. Application logs for non-admin user win10

Application logs for non-admin user win10: Hi all, I am using windows 10 machine and wanted to view application logs for non-admin user. But currently, when looking into event viewer I don't see any logs getting generated for non-admin user. Is there a way to do this (setting some registry or global policy)? Thanks....
  10. Create WMI User with non admin privilege

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create WMI User with non admin privilege: Dears, any one can help to create wmi user with non-admin privilege, user will be able to scan all windows computer and can read all information from domain computers? if you can provide me a steps or powershell script! Domain Controller windows 2012 R2 Thanks,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regedit non admin