Windows 10: Runnin' on empty in safe mode

Discus and support Runnin' on empty in safe mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello... I've been having issues for a while with updates on my Lenovo desktop model#722ORY8 Description: Intel(R)82567LM-3G Bios version 5CKT77AUS, OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gomphidius, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Runnin' on empty in safe mode

Hello... I've been having issues for a while with updates on my Lenovo desktop model#722ORY8 Description: Intel(R)82567LM-3G Bios version 5CKT77AUS, OS 19041.450, display adapters: Intel(R)Q45/Q43, Processor: Intel(R)Core(TM)2DuoCPU E8500 3.16GHz. I'd get a black screen after sign in. I had this same problem whenever Edge opened, but unplugging the machine fixed that. The black screen after an update was patched by rolling it back a days using system restore. On Windows last update on 8-29 all my back ups were deleted from an external hard drive designated just for that.
    So... I finally found access in safe mode and went through the tutorials. I tried a restart from Explorer, running a new task, the rolling back display driver option was not available to me, uninstalled 3rd party anti virus software. I was dragging my feet on the clean boot when every site started having pop ups saying I didn't have formats to support video play back. One minute I did and the the next all gone.
    From there I checked Firefox. No problem with them. So I thought to check event viewer, but found all entries gone but two; event 642 and event 1084. Not sure if they relate.
    I am still in safe mode, whatever that means, and at a loss on the black screen thing. Could Edge be opening in the background? What happened to the HTML5 and all the other formats? Or is this a safe mode issue? Just as a side funny, my keyboard has stopped now or isn't being recognized so I'm using the on screen one from Ease of Access. I am wondering if soon it is going to be missing .dll files or ? Burnt out on dealing with problems and would really appreciate some help.

:)

gomphidius, Sep 14, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Runnin' on empty in safe mode

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Runnin' on empty in safe mode

1. Runnin' on empty in safe mode - Similar Threads - Runnin' empty safe

2. Safe Mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode: A friends computer was extremely sluggish after an antivirus update.The friend used to access the computer only using a PIN and did not know their passwordI tried to boot the computer in safe mode to try and understand the issue. After booting in safe mode computer said I...
  3. Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safe Mode: A friends computer was extremely sluggish after an antivirus update.The friend used to access the computer only using a PIN and did not know their passwordI tried to boot the computer in safe mode to try and understand the issue. After booting in safe mode computer said I...
  4. Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode: I am stuck in safe mode and given less than 10 seconds to input and initiate msconfig to exit safe mode process which I can't complete. I've tried this countless, please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode/4ed6f008-169d-4f03-908b-cf4b761db623
  5. Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe mode: How to change safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode/031fa033-73e3-4f85-8fa9-911231e9b116
  6. Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem: Windows 10 PC on feature pack 1909. Mapped drive S: to a DC/AD/Server 2016 share. Several folders on the share are large. PC1 was working fine till yesterday. Now those large folders on S: can take up to 3 minutes to display contents in Explorer. Other folders on S: display...
  7. safe mode

safe mode: In safe mode no network it says incorrect password. I've tried restart shift key but when I try to troubleshoot it ask for my password and says incorrect so I can't go any further. Any suggestions?...
  8. safe mode

safe mode: How to open windows in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode/f8ed9db0-d631-4191-9544-d18958d86e24
  9. Safe mode

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Safe mode: I am trying to boot into safe mode, the system will not do so, I get a small window that says, "A problem occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner, a file containing error information has been created at C:\windows\temp\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. I locate the file but...
  10. Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode: I started up in safe mode and my windows directory got corrupted and had to restore from a backup. Any thoughts on why? My OS is on an SSD and was wondering if it has gone bad. 107033