Windows 10: Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously?

Discus and support Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Could you Boot 2 Operating Systems at the same time on different monitors? This would practically mean 2 computers running off the same tower but is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sajidali27, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously?

Could you Boot 2 Operating Systems at the same time on different monitors? This would practically mean 2 computers running off the same tower but is it possible?
    LinusTechTips posted a video about this () but I don't want to run it as a server, just 2 machines not 3

:)

sajidali27, Oct 20, 2015
  2. Jimbo.69 Win User

Is Win10 only available as upgrade?

Hello all,

I have 2 computers (1 desktop running Win7 Pro 64 bit and 1 laptop running Win8.1 64 bit). I am interested in trying out Win10, but I don't want to give up the OS'es I currently have installed. Is the only path for the free Win10 to upgrade and wipe out
    what I'm currently running?

Jimbo.69, Oct 20, 2015
  3. how much does it cost to get a licence to install windows 10 on 5 computers?

Richard

we need more info.

Do the computers have previous OS'es?

What version of win 10 (home, Pro, enterprise)?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 20, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously?

The solution shown in the video is nothing else than a very sophisticated (and very expensive!) way to use virtual machines. However, it tells you the one very important, deciding factor: what you want to is not possible, can't be done, in any other way than using a virtual machine.

With a virtual machine it becomes possible. Here a screenshot from my PC just now; the right (main display) showing my host system, the left (smaller) display is running another Windows 10 installation in full screen mode:

Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously? [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Thema:

Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously?

1. Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously? - Similar Threads - Running OS'es Simultaneously

2. using touchpad and keyboard simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    using touchpad and keyboard simultaneously: how using touchpad and keyboard simultaneously https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-touchpad-and-keyboard-simultaneously/464b3377-7604-4487-bed2-5ad76a62f627
  3. running Windows 10 with 2 computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    running Windows 10 with 2 computer: can I apply 1 license into 2 computer where 1 computer is active in single time? or both computer is using same license and running in the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-windows-10-with-2-computer/2cc5f42f-f7df-4f58-89ca-308675ffb9e3"
  4. Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously: Hello All, I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet. I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections. I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for...
  5. Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion not running.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion not running.: I have attempted to run these discs trying any fixes that supposedly would overcome this problem but to no avail. I even downloaded a digital edition which would only result in an error code when trying to unzip. I have attempted to use suggested downloads that some claim to...
  6. RUN Windows Defender simultaneously with Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RUN Windows Defender simultaneously with Malwarebytes: I am testing using Malwarebytes Premium. It detected many PUP Registry Key Registry Value and Files Can I still run Windows Defender at the same time? I have heard not wise to run 2 at same time....
  7. Using (2) Displays simultaneously

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using (2) Displays simultaneously: I have (2) Displays - One big monitor and One on my laptop. Is there a way to bring up an Excel Spreadsheet on one and a download from my online class on the other?...
  8. Can a GPU run on 2 OS?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can a GPU run on 2 OS?: If I have a graphics card installed in my laptop and 2 operating system, would it run on both?
  9. Trying to get broadband and WiFi working simultaneously on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to get broadband and WiFi working simultaneously on 2 PCs: Hi no expert at all I'm afraid.... I've a Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit laptop and a Win 10 64 bit laptop and trying to get both working together using broadband and WiFi at the same time but without success. Win 10 is working ok being about 3 feet away from the router in my small...
  10. Run 2 VPN's at Same Time?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run 2 VPN's at Same Time?: Hello again, guys. I'm wondering if running 2 VPN apps at the same time is acceptable or beneficial. I'm using the Opera browser, which has its own built-in VPN, plus I also have Tunnel Bear VPN installed, but not running at same time with Opera. I reserve Tunnel Bear for...