Windows 10: Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously?

Discus and support Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Could you Boot 2 Operating Systems at the same time on different monitors? This would practically mean 2 computers running off the same tower but is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sajidali27, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously?

Could you Boot 2 Operating Systems at the same time on different monitors? This would practically mean 2 computers running off the same tower but is it possible?
    LinusTechTips posted a video about this () but I don't want to run it as a server, just 2 machines not 3

:)

sajidali27, Oct 20, 2015
  2. Jimbo.69 Win User

Is Win10 only available as upgrade?

Hello all,

I have 2 computers (1 desktop running Win7 Pro 64 bit and 1 laptop running Win8.1 64 bit). I am interested in trying out Win10, but I don't want to give up the OS'es I currently have installed. Is the only path for the free Win10 to upgrade and wipe out
    what I'm currently running?

Jimbo.69, Oct 20, 2015
  3. how much does it cost to get a licence to install windows 10 on 5 computers?

Richard

we need more info.

Do the computers have previous OS'es?

What version of win 10 (home, Pro, enterprise)?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 20, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously?

The solution shown in the video is nothing else than a very sophisticated (and very expensive!) way to use virtual machines. However, it tells you the one very important, deciding factor: what you want to is not possible, can't be done, in any other way than using a virtual machine.

With a virtual machine it becomes possible. Here a screenshot from my PC just now; the right (main display) showing my host system, the left (smaller) display is running another Windows 10 installation in full screen mode:

Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously? [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Thema:

Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously?

1. Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously? - Similar Threads - Running OS'es Simultaneously

2. Windows 11 Home: Can't run WSL 2 and Oracle's VirtualBox simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home: Can't run WSL 2 and Oracle's VirtualBox simultaneously: The title says it all. To get VBox to work properly in Windows 11 I have to turn off "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off." But that breaks WSL 2 meaning you can't run it at the same time that you run Virtual Box. This was never a problem in Windows...
  3. Windows 11 Home: Can't run WSL 2 and Oracle's VirtualBox simultaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home: Can't run WSL 2 and Oracle's VirtualBox simultaneously: The title says it all. To get VBox to work properly in Windows 11 I have to turn off "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off." But that breaks WSL 2 meaning you can't run it at the same time that you run Virtual Box. This was never a problem in Windows...
  4. Using 2 Input Devices Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using 2 Input Devices Simultaneously: I am using a surface pro with video capture software, I am looking to have 2 people use separate headsets to speak for the video. When I go to my input settings it only allows me to select one. Is this possible to do?...
  5. Signing in 2 accounts simultaneously

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in 2 accounts simultaneously: Hi,I was required to create two local accounts on my PC Windows 10. My question is: Can I be signed in both local accounts simultaneously? Can I work on my PC using one local account, while still having programs running on the second local account please? I wish to avoid...
  6. Small question about OS'es...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Small question about OS'es...: I'm just wondering, could I put (for example!!) Ubuntu on my PC on another (seperate) HD and leave Windows on the main HD? (so no dualboot) How would I achieve this? 179182
  7. Switch on 2 monitors simultaneously with Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch on 2 monitors simultaneously with Windows?: I have 2 monitors, which is annoying, because when I switch on the monitor and when I wake up from standby mode, only 1 monitor is on and I have to switch on the second monitor myself. Does anyone know of a way to have both monitors on at the same time? Thanks again 2...
  8. Ways of working on 2 documents simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ways of working on 2 documents simultaneously?: Two tabs of a browser simultaneously opened - is that possible ? So that one tab takes up half the screen, and the other half the other ? Or is it possible to have a document open that doesnt vanish into the lower bar whenever I click on something in the browser ? I would...
  9. RUN Windows Defender simultaneously with Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RUN Windows Defender simultaneously with Malwarebytes: I am testing using Malwarebytes Premium. It detected many PUP Registry Key Registry Value and Files Can I still run Windows Defender at the same time? I have heard not wise to run 2 at same time....
  10. Using (2) Displays simultaneously

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using (2) Displays simultaneously: I have (2) Displays - One big monitor and One on my laptop. Is there a way to bring up an Excel Spreadsheet on one and a download from my online class on the other?...