Windows 10: Running 5 monitors, screen saver only works on 3 of them

Discus and support Running 5 monitors, screen saver only works on 3 of them in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Two year old Dell XPS tower system running 10, this just started after Jan updates. 3 monitors on AMD card have screen saver working fine, the 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesJones675665, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Running 5 monitors, screen saver only works on 3 of them

Two year old Dell XPS tower system running 10, this just started after Jan updates. 3 monitors on AMD card have screen saver working fine, the 2 monitors on the Intel card have saver not working. I've tried the remove/update driver solution to no avail. No matter what I do, I can't get the screensaver to kick in.

I have a shortcut that I use to start the screensaver. This is kind of a big deal because I have sensitive information on my screens. Right now, i have to physically shut the two monitors off when people come into my office. Suboptimal, to say least.

I am at a total loss here. If anyone can help, I would be thankful.

:)

JamesJones675665, Feb 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 3 Monitors Screen saver

I have a laptop with 2 monitors connected. Screen saver only displays on monitor #3. How do I get it to display on the main screen (my laptop) or how do I get it to display on all 3 screens?

TxVahunter, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Screen saver with dual monitors

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you upgraded the graphics card?

• Do you have any other issues except the screensaver issue on second monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the below link to update the graphics card drivers and update the drivers for second monitor.

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

After performing the above steps, try to set the screen saver and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer:
    Connect a second monitor or projector

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Running 5 monitors, screen saver only works on 3 of them

Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

I have a screen saver that I have used with Microsoft 1995,Microsoft XP, Microsoft Vista, M.S. 7, M.S. 8 and Windows 10 versions of O.S. without ever having a glitch or any other problem until my computer accepted upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1703.
    I can run the Screen Saver but I have to enter CTL/ALT/Delete and then CANCEL the screen that comes up after that. Of the list of Screen Savers listed with Ver 1703 only 3 will work with moving the mouse or striking a key on the keyboard. Instead of that
    version being and upgrade it is a step backward. That is not the only thing I don't like about Ver.1703. I tell my friends to not download that can of worms.

JimGazzaway, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Running 5 monitors, screen saver only works on 3 of them

1. Running 5 monitors, screen saver only works on 3 of them - Similar Threads - Running monitors screen

2. Screen Saver not working with external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Saver not working with external monitor: I own an Asus laptop purchased in 2019 and used HDMI port to plug into a 28" Asus external monitor. The screen saver works sometimes but not hardly at all. I tired changing lots of settings but still won't come on after setting the time limit. Any suggestions?...
  3. Screen Saver not working with external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Saver not working with external monitor: I own an Asus laptop purchased in 2019 and used HDMI port to plug into a 28" Asus external monitor. The screen saver works sometimes but not hardly at all. I tired changing lots of settings but still won't come on after setting the time limit. Any suggestions?...
  4. Dual monitor screen saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor screen saver: My setup is a laptop and an external screen, I would like to have a screen saver on both monitors, when on the lock screen the same as what I see on the main monitor if that is possible.I'm on Windows 11, and I've noticed on videos I watch on Youtube that they are able to...
  5. Dual monitor screen saver

Dual monitor screen saver: My setup is a laptop and an external screen, I would like to have a screen saver on both monitors, when on the lock screen the same as what I see on the main monitor if that is possible.I'm on Windows 11, and I've noticed on videos I watch on Youtube that they are able to...
  6. screen saver sizing on monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen saver sizing on monitor: hello everyone I‘m using the fliqlo screen saver on my laptop. When I hook up the external monitor the screensaver on the monitor is weirdly sized. I can only see the top right corner of the screen saver. The clock on the laptop is sited correctly. Does anyone know how to...
  7. How to screen saver / blackscreen a single monitor of 5, or group of?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to screen saver / blackscreen a single monitor of 5, or group of?: 5 screen system. 4 at work station, one remote TV monitor. An hour of searching including environmental how to black a single monitor 5, or black the 4 displays when not in use while using 5 for periods of time, didn't find anything. Perhaps I'm using the incorrect...
  8. How to display screen saver on one monitor only?

How to display screen saver on one monitor only?: I have dual monitors, and I use the "Extend Monitors" function for work productivity. Unfortunately, when my screen saver begins I have a linked Photos file, the photos split between the two screens, so all my photos look like they are cut in two. I want my screen saver...
  9. Screen saver for dual monitors

Screen saver for dual monitors: I used to have a screen saver (Firehand Ember) which worked well with my two monitors but as Windows has moved on it got left behind and the person who produced it gave up! So did the screen saver. It used to display different images on the two screens - not individually,...
  10. screen saver on dual monitors

screen saver on dual monitors: this question was asked in January and has not been answered:windows 10 programs and apps work fine, my problem is the screen saver mode. I have dual monitor images but when the screen saver starts it only shows on the main monitor not the second one. How do I stretch the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen saver only plays on laptop and not other monitors

2. screen save 4 of 5 monitors

3. screen saver not working on intel 620 graphic card

4. how to run screensaver only on second monitor,
  5. win 10 screensaver only works after reboot