Windows 10: Running a 14 year old game (prisoner of war)

Discus and support Running a 14 year old game (prisoner of war) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys, so today I decided to get Prisoner of War once again, I think its one of the best games ever created (well if no the only one in that ganre).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Twinki, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Twinki Win User

Running a 14 year old game (prisoner of war)

Hey guys, so today I decided to get Prisoner of War once again, I think its one of the best games ever created (well if no the only one in that ganre).

Anyway, I've tried running it but even with changing the compability settings it wouldnt run... Anyone ever tried running this game on Windows 10? if so, how did you do it.

PS: If you know any prison escaping games similiar to this let me know please

:)

Twinki, Nov 27, 2016

2. Gaming problem since windows 10 upgrade

Hi can any one help.

My kids love to play Star Wars the Old Republic online game. My pc although only having inbuilt graphics used to run the game fine. Since the upgrade to windows 10 when the game is launched it does not even bring up the list of available servers. Hence they
    cannot play the game. The older pc in the cellar still running windows 7 plays the game no problem ( although a better graphics card should arrive today)

Has anyone got a solution my kids have asked their Star Wars Old Republic friends aboiut this but no one else seems to have had this issue since upgrading to windows 10.

Thanks

Nick

NickHancock1970, Nov 27, 2016
  3. Please login with administrator privileges and try again (Windows 10)

A program known as Gamespy was used to run the graphics for these games such as Total War and Punic Wars, but there has since been an update that prevents this program from running hence making the games unplayable.

Hazardous Burn, Nov 27, 2016
  4. Stephanie Win User

Hi Twinki and welcome to Ten Forums *Smile

You could load Windows XP into VM (XP started in the year 2001) it may run the 14 year old game.

Stephanie, Nov 27, 2016
  5. zztemp Win User
    I remember this game, i had it on the first X-box, it was one of the first games i had.
    I don't think i ever finished it, but it was a fun game. I would enjoy it more at the age i'm at now, than i did back then i believe.

As suggested, try loading it in a VM (if your rig is up to the task that is).

zztemp, Nov 28, 2016
  6. Twinki Win User
    I am installing VM as we speak, Ill try and let you know.

Thanks for the headsup!

Twinki, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Running a 14 year old game (prisoner of war) - Similar Threads - Running old game

2. Is Prison Architect included in the pc game pass?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Prison Architect included in the pc game pass?: I downloaded and installed prison architect about a month ago. I need to know if it is still in the gamepass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-prison-architect-included-in-the-pc-game-pass/e8065da8-558f-4552-8b96-c634bfe45228
  3. Is Prison Architect included in the pc game pass?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Prison Architect included in the pc game pass?: I downloaded and installed prison architect about a month ago. I need to know if it is still in the gamepass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-prison-architect-included-in-the-pc-game-pass/e8065da8-558f-4552-8b96-c634bfe45228
  4. Cant start/open prison architect with game pass

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant start/open prison architect with game pass: So, i bought prison architect a few days ago with xbox game pass for pc, it was working for a few days, but right now it says "Prison architect is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the store and try again" even though i was still signed...
  5. Cant start/open prison architect with game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant start/open prison architect with game pass: So, i bought prison architect a few days ago with xbox game pass for pc, it was working for a few days, but right now it says "Prison architect is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the store and try again" even though i was still signed...
  6. Cant start/open prison architect with game pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why can my 14 year old Leave my Family Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why can my 14 year old Leave my Family Account?: Despite it saying that only adults can leave a family account my 14 year old's Microsoft account clearly has the menu option stating; Leave Family. When this is clicked it then provides the options to continue or not. I want this removed as it circumvents me trying to...
  8. An old game running problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An old game running problem: Dear Sirs, I have just installed an old game cabela's 4x4 off road adventure 3 and when i try to run game this error is showing up: [SYSTEM ] Out of memory at line -1 in file C:\2002\Src\Game\EngineDll\Debug\Src\DebugSystem.cpp in function safe_malloc Caught in function...
  9. Old games won't run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old games won't run: Tried running Need for Speed Underground 2 and other semi-old games, can't see anything ingame because it shows "Input Not Supported" on the screen and then just sits there until I Ctrl-Alt-Del to kill the task. I TRY 640x480 mode, Run As Administrator, and Win XP...
  10. Celebrating 10 Years of Gears of War!

in Windows 10 News
    Celebrating 10 Years of Gears of War!: J3dd3BWLIuU Next week marks a huge milestone for the Gears of War franchise. On November 7th, it will have been 10 years since the original Gears of War released on store shelves. We still can’t quite believe it! Those ten years have included the release of five Gears...