Windows 10: Running a 14 year old game (prisoner of war)

Discus and support Running a 14 year old game (prisoner of war) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys, so today I decided to get Prisoner of War once again, I think its one of the best games ever created (well if no the only one in that ganre).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Twinki, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Twinki Win User

Running a 14 year old game (prisoner of war)

Hey guys, so today I decided to get Prisoner of War once again, I think its one of the best games ever created (well if no the only one in that ganre).

Anyway, I've tried running it but even with changing the compability settings it wouldnt run... Anyone ever tried running this game on Windows 10? if so, how did you do it.

PS: If you know any prison escaping games similiar to this let me know please

:)

Twinki, Nov 27, 2016

2. Gaming problem since windows 10 upgrade

Hi can any one help.

My kids love to play Star Wars the Old Republic online game. My pc although only having inbuilt graphics used to run the game fine. Since the upgrade to windows 10 when the game is launched it does not even bring up the list of available servers. Hence they
    cannot play the game. The older pc in the cellar still running windows 7 plays the game no problem ( although a better graphics card should arrive today)

Has anyone got a solution my kids have asked their Star Wars Old Republic friends aboiut this but no one else seems to have had this issue since upgrading to windows 10.

Thanks

Nick

NickHancock1970, Nov 27, 2016
  3. Please login with administrator privileges and try again (Windows 10)

A program known as Gamespy was used to run the graphics for these games such as Total War and Punic Wars, but there has since been an update that prevents this program from running hence making the games unplayable.

Hazardous Burn, Nov 27, 2016
  4. Stephanie Win User

Hi Twinki and welcome to Ten Forums *Smile

You could load Windows XP into VM (XP started in the year 2001) it may run the 14 year old game.

Stephanie, Nov 27, 2016
  5. zztemp Win User
    I remember this game, i had it on the first X-box, it was one of the first games i had.
    I don't think i ever finished it, but it was a fun game. I would enjoy it more at the age i'm at now, than i did back then i believe.

As suggested, try loading it in a VM (if your rig is up to the task that is).

zztemp, Nov 28, 2016
  6. Twinki Win User
    I am installing VM as we speak, Ill try and let you know.

Thanks for the headsup!

Twinki, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Running a 14 year old game (prisoner of war) - Similar Threads - Running old game

2. Issues trying to install a 15 year old game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues trying to install a 15 year old game: So I was in the mood to be playing some SidMeier's Simgolf lately and tried installing the game via CD. I get to about 20% and an error pops up saying catastrophic failure regarding the properties folder or whatever and then quits. Any advice for trying to get this game...
  3. Old games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old games: I am trying to download an old game from the 90's. When I put in the cd it says that I have used all my space. Could this be a PC problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/1b59c716-2701-4713-ac01-05df244a01b5
  4. Older Star Wars games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Star Wars games: I'm installing some older Star Wars games to find out if I can still play them on 10, but I'm having a problem w/a few & hope someone can help me w/these. 1. Battle For Naboo. When I try to install, I get a message stating it's a 16Bit installer & will not run on a 64Bit...
  5. Old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games: Microsoft, please bring back working DirectDraw into Windows 10 and repair crashes of old versions of Warblade game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/00382d49-5757-4d49-987b-b02876ff4960
  6. 10 year old 1T HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    10 year old 1T HDD: Hello all, not sure if i should post this here I have a 10 year old 1T HDD which has severed me well, i have several partitions on that drive ( 3 partitions ) with a variety of games and videos and data spread across all 3 Partitions. i will be purchasing a new 2T HDD for...
  7. Run Old Nancy Games in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Old Nancy Games in Windows 10: can I run old Nancy drew games on windows 10 [Original Title: games] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-old-nancy-games-in-windows-10/131d1094-1868-48a1-bc6c-5656b69bdebf
  8. DirectX errors when running old games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX errors when running old games: Hi, A lot of my older games do not run on my new Windows 10 desktop, with errors such as "this game requires DirectX 9.0c" etc. They can run if my screen is connected to my on-board Intel graphics motherboard (albeit not a great framerate) but come up with these errors when...
  9. Old game wont run on new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old game wont run on new computer: My old computer crashed and I purchased a new one. Both came with windows 10 but now an old game will not run though it did on the old one. Game comes with DirectX 3 but it is being blocked somehow. Any ideas as to a fix?...
  10. Celebrating 10 Years of Gears of War!

in Windows 10 News
    Celebrating 10 Years of Gears of War!: J3dd3BWLIuU Next week marks a huge milestone for the Gears of War franchise. On November 7th, it will have been 10 years since the original Gears of War released on store shelves. We still can’t quite believe it! Those ten years have included the release of five Gears...