Windows 10: Running a 16 bit application on windows 10 32 bit give a 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem Error

Discus and support Running a 16 bit application on windows 10 32 bit give a 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have an application that uses 16 bit drivers to process the data it has taken in today. We get the following error when trying to open our program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Adam Schoepp, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Running a 16 bit application on windows 10 32 bit give a 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem Error

We have an application that uses 16 bit drivers to process the data it has taken in today. We get the following error when trying to open our program

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\[path to program]\RPROCOUT.exe

An application has attempted to load a 16-bit Dos device driver, which cannot be supported. This may cause the application to function incorrectly. Choose "Close" to terminate the application.

it does give us the ability to manually ignore the prompt, but the problem is our automated scripts cannot do this, and so our customer data is falling behind as we now have to manually run the process instead of having it run after hours.

Is there any way to disable this message or provide out script with the ability to automatically ignore the message?

:)

Adam Schoepp, Mar 4, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Mar 4, 2020
  3. MS-DOS 16-bit error

Hi, HorstTruestedt

My name is Kathleen and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Check this link, I hope it helps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/305521...

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

KahtleenTasman85, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Running a 16 bit application on windows 10 32 bit give a 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem Error

MS-DOS 16-bit error

I have been running Windows 10 and others before without problem. Suddenly, today, I get an error message when trying to run some DOS programs. The error is:

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem

Command Prompt - program

config.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose Close to terminate the application.

HELP. Thanks, Horst Truestedt

HorstTruestedt, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Running a 16 bit application on windows 10 32 bit give a 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem Error

1. Running a 16 bit application on windows 10 32 bit give a 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem Error - Similar Threads - Running bit application

2. Unsupported 16-Bit Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unsupported 16-Bit Application: hello, my pc running on windows 10 each 2/3/4/5 minitues a dialogue box upcoming at my display popupUnsupported 16 Bit ApplicationThe program of features\\??\\C\user\appdata\temp\eclient.exe\\??\\C\user\appdata\temp\mclient.exelike this i have tried any malware, deleted these...
  3. Unsupported 16-Bit Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsupported 16-Bit Application: hello, my pc running on windows 10 each 2/3/4/5 minitues a dialogue box upcoming at my display popupUnsupported 16 Bit ApplicationThe program of features\\??\\C\user\appdata\temp\eclient.exe\\??\\C\user\appdata\temp\mclient.exelike this i have tried any malware, deleted these...
  4. Unsupported 16-Bit Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unsupported 16 bit application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unsupported 16 bit application: hello dear support, I got problem windows 10 with this issue, when my windows startup, I got received message Unsupported 16-bit application, IDK how to fix that? I tire to fix solution, idk its a virus or something [ATTACH]...
  6. Unsupported 16-Bit Application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unsupported 16-Bit Application: Hey there I'm tring to run Nerf Jr. Foam Blaster: Attack of the Kleptons see https://nerf.fandom.com/wiki/Nerf_Jr._Foam_Blaster:_Attack_of_the_Kleptons! on my laptop and I got this error Unsupported 16-Bit Application The program or feature "\??\E:\SETUP.EXE" cannot start...
  7. enable 16-bit subsystem on windows 10 v1803 64-bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable 16-bit subsystem on windows 10 v1803 64-bit: does anyone know of a way to enable the 16-bit subsystem in windows 10 64-bit or is that feature 32-bit only? I don't want to emulate or virtualise a 32-bit version of windows.......
  8. MS-DOS 16-bit error

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS-DOS 16-bit error: I have been running Windows 10 and others before without problem. Suddenly, today, I get an error message when trying to run some DOS programs. The error is: 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem Command Prompt - program config.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and...
  9. how do I run 16-bit/ms-dos applications on 64-bit windows 10?

how do I run 16-bit/ms-dos applications on 64-bit windows 10?: I want to run some 16-bit applications but I got this error: This app can't run on your PC and it was a 16-bit application. the same error happened when I tried to open a ms-dos application. compatibility mode won't work. what do I do to make them run?...
  10. 16 bit programs on 32 bit windows 10...

16 bit programs on 32 bit windows 10...: hi... i installed vdm on my 32 bit windows 10 to run 16 bit windows programs have all the dlls in the windows system folder rebooted... and the programs still won't run... says something is missing... any ideas why? 44312