Windows 10: Running a 64bit VirtualMachine over a PC with no Intel Virtualization?

Discus and support Running a 64bit VirtualMachine over a PC with no Intel Virtualization? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; So yea its a little bit old PC with 64bit Windows 10 Pro , 8 Gigs of DDR3 memory and 3 GHz Dual core processor but does not have Intel Virtualization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Running a 64bit VirtualMachine over a PC with no Intel Virtualization?

So yea its a little bit old PC with 64bit Windows 10 Pro , 8 Gigs of DDR3 memory and 3 GHz Dual core processor but does not have Intel Virtualization in bios (I guess it was belt pre that time) .

So my first attempt with this was using Oracle VirtualBox , so apparently it is undocumented but if the system doesn't support Intel's Virtualization it can only work in 32 bit mode .

So any other known platform that can do 64 bit virtual machines without the need of Intel V ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 9, 2019

2. Can I run a 32bit virtual machine on a 64bit windows 10 system?

I recently installed a virtual machine and it will only let me run 32bit operating systems. but my pc is 64bit and I was wondering if installing a 32 bit virtual machine would mess my pc up.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TeresaBalthazar, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Hyper-V and Intel Virtualization

I am running Windows 10 (build 16299) on a Dell XPS 15 9550. When I enable the Intel virtualization technology and install
    Hyper-V the laptop blue screens on startup every time. The only way to recover it is to disable the Intel VT in the BIOS. I can then start the machine but can't use Hyper-V as it needs the Intel
    VT. I can then uninstall Hyper-V and re-enable Intel VT and everything is still fine. What I can't do is use both, which I need to do.

I've seen a few suggestions, but none of them work. The only suggestion I haven't tried is removing my virus checker, which simply isn't an option.

Can anyone help?

Ian Shimmings, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Running a 64bit VirtualMachine over a PC with no Intel Virtualization?

Virtual Machine in Win10

Hi Brian,

You can actually create a Virtual machine to your computer, just follow the steps from this

link.

Thanks.

Shirlen Agu, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Running a 64bit VirtualMachine over a PC with no Intel Virtualization?

1. Running a 64bit VirtualMachine over a PC with no Intel Virtualization? - Similar Threads - Running 64bit VirtualMachine

2. My PC is running Intel i5-7300HQ

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is running Intel i5-7300HQ: YOUR Win11 system check program states my laptop won't run Win 11. Yet Windows Processor Requirements Windows 10 1511 Supported Intel Processors Microsoft Docs lists Intel Core i5-7300HQ as a supported processor. So, which is it? Can I run Win 11 or not?Thanks,Jim Hunter...
  3. My PC is running Intel i5-7300HQ

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is running Intel i5-7300HQ: YOUR Win11 system check program states my laptop won't run Win 11. Yet Windows Processor Requirements Windows 10 1511 Supported Intel Processors Microsoft Docs lists Intel Core i5-7300HQ as a supported processor. So, which is it? Can I run Win 11 or not?Thanks,Jim Hunter...
  4. Virtual PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual PC: Hi! I tried installing virtual PC from download centre . But getting "Windows update standalone installer - Installer encountered an error: 0X80096002" The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found. I'm having an old application and it is asking for...
  5. Virtual Floppy Drive for Windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Floppy Drive for Windows 10 64bit: I have a old software program that writes to a floppy disk. it converts file types and loads them onto a floppy disk. At present I am using a physical USB connect floppy drive to my Windows 10 64 bit system however the floppy disks corrupt and crash frequently which is time...
  6. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...
  7. Intel Virtualization

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Intel Virtualization: Thanks, Windows had to repair itself several times, once freezing the app, but it appears to be working now. If it is not too much trouble, what did Windows have to repair? Thanks again You're welcome! It had to do THIS
  8. Virtualization suddenly gone? 64bit guest / 64bit host (VirtualBox)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtualization suddenly gone? 64bit guest / 64bit host (VirtualBox): Hopefully somebody here can help me. I've looked around everywhere to find a solution for this issue, but this problem differs from all the threads you can find in many forums around there: it already worked well for me *Sleepy My problem: I want to run a 64-bit virtual...
  9. BSOD - Intel Virtualization Technology

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Intel Virtualization Technology: I enabled Intel Virtualization Technology for the first time in the BIOS and got BSOD. I disabled it and it booted up fine. I ran your diagnostic tool and the file is enclosed. Windows 10 Pro v1709 Asus z270-a Motherboard Intel i7-7700K TP-LINK T9E PCI wireless adaptor...
  10. Screwed-over by HP/Intel/Microsoft

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screwed-over by HP/Intel/Microsoft: It's a sad day for early adopters of Microsoft's touch-first OS strategy. Customers who bought some of the first examples of Windows 8.x hybrid systems - e.g. the HP Envy x2 and ElitePad G1, Dell Latitude 10, Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 and Miix series, ASUS VivoTab, etc. - will...