Windows 10: Running a Application as Administrator

Discus and support Running a Application as Administrator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do you change a shortcut to run the application as the Administrator ? Currently I right click the shortcut and then click run as administrator.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kenneth Pincus, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Running a Application as Administrator

How do you change a shortcut to run the application as the Administrator ?

Currently I right click the shortcut and then click run as administrator.

Thanks

:)

Kenneth Pincus, Jul 25, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Applications won't start when run as administrator

We would like to know if there's any error message when you tried to run it as admin?

We suggest that you use the System File Checker tool to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files. The sfc/scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces
    incorrect, corrupted, changed or damaged versions with the correct versions possible. You may refer to this link for
    more information.

If the issue persists even after using System File Checker tool, please follow the steps below to run the DISM tool:

• Press Windows key + X and select the Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, enter the following commands (Press the Enter key after each command):

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and press Enter.

• Restart the machine.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jul 25, 2018
  4. jl2509 Win User

Running a Application as Administrator

Running always an application with administrative privileges

Screen shots for an Application settings and Shortcut settings

Application

Running a Application as Administrator [​IMG]

Shortcut

Running a Application as Administrator [​IMG]

HTH

jl2509, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Running a Application as Administrator

1. Running a Application as Administrator - Similar Threads - Running Application Administrator

2. i can't run application as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't run application as administrator: Hello team,I recently installed a new windows 10 image, it was working fine, until last week i notices that i can't run any app as administrator, I'm Network engineer and i need to run CMD as admin to add routes, and when i look at my account, i found it standard and can't...
  3. i can't run application as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't run application as administrator: Hello team,I recently installed a new windows 10 image, it was working fine, until last week i notices that i can't run any app as administrator, I'm Network engineer and i need to run CMD as admin to add routes, and when i look at my account, i found it standard and can't...
  4. An Administrator has blocked an Application from running !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    An Administrator has blocked an Application from running !: i tried to run an app from a CD rom for a Trust Slimline Graphics tablet but was blocked from doing so by 'an administrator'. As far as i am concerned, I AM the administrator and so i dont understand who this other administrator could be i.e. [ATTACH] I then went to...
  5. Run as administrator stops other applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run as administrator stops other applications: After my recent upgrade from Win7 to 10 I have found that whenever an app is "run as administrator" the computer stops access to all other applications and functions. I cannot use the mouse on any other apps or the task bar. If I press CTRL+ESC I can once again mouse...
  6. Run as administrator stops other applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Run as administrator stops other applications: After my recent upgrade from Win7 to 10 I have found that whenever an app is "run as administrator" the computer stops access to all other applications and functions. I cannot use the mouse on any other apps or the task bar. If I press CTRL+ESC I can once again mouse...
  7. Application launch with "Run as administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application launch with "Run as administrator": Good afternoon, I have an issue with launching app. In my masters I use 2 users : UserXXX (Only User) and Admin (Administrator). 1) I install software with Admin user and I have no problem. 2) I launch software and with Damin user I have to choose "Run as...
  8. Application (.exe) does not default to running with Administrator priveleges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application (.exe) does not default to running with Administrator priveleges: We have a 16 bit application running on NTVDM on 32 bit windows OS. The application installation files are located on a NAS share. The application runs perfectly well when it is "run as administrator" as shown below: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Although, a parent...
  9. Running always an application with administrative privileges

Running always an application with administrative privileges: Hi I have Windows 10 v1703 and I would need that an application is always run with administrative privileges even when it is run by a user who has a Users's account. So, how should I do this? Thanks Bye 84349
  10. Issues running application as Administrator in terms of file access.

Issues running application as Administrator in terms of file access.: Hi all, I have an Excel spreadsheet that makes an OLE call to a running application. Since moving to Windows 10, I can't seem to get that OLE call to work unless I run Excel in Administrator mode. The issue with that is, when I try to load worksheets in Excel in...