Windows 10: Running a Command script with Run As despite logged on as Admin?

Discus and support Running a Command script with Run As despite logged on as Admin? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two accounts. One being Admin and one being Standard. How come some program installers or command scripts need for the Run As Admin even if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Running a Command script with Run As despite logged on as Admin?

I have two accounts. One being Admin and one being Standard.

How come some program installers or command scripts need for the Run As Admin even if I am logged on as my Admin account?

I thought that being logged on as a Standard account, then there would be always the case to Run As Admin.

But like mentioned, I signed in as the Admin account and some command script gave an error that I need to run it as elevated rights.

:)

win10freak, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Run PowerShell Script As An Administrator

Of course, there is always the elevating shortcut method. This requires one extra step compared to setting up such a shortcut for a batch file.

1 Create a shortcut to your PS1 file [by, for example, dragging it with the Alt key pressed]
    2 Right click on the shortcut & select Properties
    2.1 At the start of the target field, type in powershell.exe then a space to separate it from the script's path-name
    2.2 Click on the Advanced button & set the Run as Admin checkbox.
    2.3 OK, OK
    {you will notice the shortcut's icon change when you do this}

You can now double-click on the shortcut instead of your original script and it will run as Admin [after the normal Admin challenge].

The extra step compared to doing this for batch files is 2.1. Batch files can be set to run as Admin without having to job the Target field.

Denis

Try3, Jan 2, 2019
  3. long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Running a Command script with Run As despite logged on as Admin?

'long running script' error

Hi Sandi,

The issue may occur due to setting configuration of your IE11. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest to check this thread:
    Message that website is not responding due to a long running script
    . Look for Don Varnau answer. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Running a Command script with Run As despite logged on as Admin?

1. Running a Command script with Run As despite logged on as Admin? - Similar Threads - Running Command script

2. windows admin center- Unable to run custom scripts

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows admin center- Unable to run custom scripts: When I run custom script Application items not being listed when reviewing from WAC. Im not sure if it not configured correctly or if I am missing an extension. Additional information: SCCM host is running on Windows Server 2019 version 1809 OS build 17763.1518 WAC is...
  3. Long running scripts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long running scripts: I'm not a computer savvy person so bear with me. About a week ago You Tube started acting strange with its' presentation and got much slower in reacting to my inputs. I have a laptop with Windows 10. I can't get to tools to start getting to my add-ons. HELP! I also keep...
  4. Stop running this script?

Stop running this script?: I keep getting a box up with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark with the above heading. it also says "a script on this page is causing your browser to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer might become unresponsive." As many as a dozen of these come up...
  5. long running scripts-

long running scripts-: how do you get rid of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-scripts/3caf0be8-dca2-4062-bbd4-93ce3c3b1fa4
  6. LONG RUNNING SCRIPT

LONG RUNNING SCRIPT: WHY WON'T WINDOWS HELP SOLVE THIS ISSUE ? SURELY IT IS A WINDOWS PROBLEM AND NOT UP TO CUSTOMERS TO SOLVE IT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-script/f3050033-8ca9-44b9-bb58-4e05a8a740ef
  7. Script running

Script running: Every so often my computer will freeze on a page. I get a message push this button to stop the script, when I do this the page will unfreeze. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-running/95442ea7-9470-4cf6-815a-b9a626b9af61
  8. Long running scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Long running scripts: I've had this problem for years of "long running scripts" for years. Norton security can't find anything. Microsoft Defender can't find it either. They both say all problems have been resolved. Is there a system scan from Microsoft that will check all components of Win 10?...
  9. Long running scripts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Long running scripts: Keep getting message program wont respond due to long running scripts and locks up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-scripts/fd5b706d-50e8-405d-9921-f46d1eab1bef
  10. Running Script

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Script: I am running Windows 10 / IE 11 and I keep getting a running script error (“Do you want to continue running scripts on this page”?) and it is driving me crazy. I am not real tech savvy so I don’t know where to look on how to. It just started doing it and I have been using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i script a command to run despite windows updates being applied