Windows 10: running a disc

Discus and support running a disc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to download fromTurbo Tax. not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanisGonzalez, Jan 27, 2019.

1. running a disc

I am trying to download fromTurbo Tax. not working

:)

JanisGonzalez, Jan 27, 2019

2. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unable to read 3D xray discs that have been readable in past.

Hi,

There are a lot of possible causes why the error occurred. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• How do you open the DVD file?

• Have you tried inserting the DVD disc to another computer?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that perform these troubleshooting steps:

Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click
      on Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 27, 2019
  4. JWalker Win User

running a disc

Need Help Running Rescue Boot Disc

Thanks. I am in need of a step by step to get to what you are telling me to do. I have the boot disc in the CD/DVD drive and Macrium backup of my HD on a HD connected to the computer by USB. Do I need to have the boot disc in my computer before shutting it down. I can't open the CD/DVD drive when the computer if off.

JWalker, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

running a disc

1. running a disc - Similar Threads - running disc

2. Hello... I just bought a new copy of Gears of War for PC on disc. I can not run it on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello... I just bought a new copy of Gears of War for PC on disc. I can not run it on my...: I bought a copy of Gears of War for my Windows 11 system. The game is a Gears of War disc copy for PC OS Windows XP & Windows Vista. I have Windows 11. I tried to launch with compatibility mode for Windows XP and Windows Vista. The game does not work with those compatibility...
  3. Hello... I just bought a new copy of Gears of War for PC on disc. I can not run it on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello... I just bought a new copy of Gears of War for PC on disc. I can not run it on my...: I bought a copy of Gears of War for my Windows 11 system. The game is a Gears of War disc copy for PC OS Windows XP & Windows Vista. I have Windows 11. I tried to launch with compatibility mode for Windows XP and Windows Vista. The game does not work with those compatibility...
  4. I forgot my password to my hp laptop running windows 11, and I don’t have a lockout disc or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to my hp laptop running windows 11, and I don’t have a lockout disc or...: I forgot my password to my hp laptop running windows 11. How can I bypass it or reset it without a disk or usb that I don’t have? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-my-hp-laptop-running/75074d56-625c-4e00-abe3-b89374a70e6b
  5. I forgot my password to my hp laptop running windows 11, and I don’t have a lockout disc or...

I forgot my password to my hp laptop running windows 11, and I don’t have a lockout disc or...: I forgot my password to my hp laptop running windows 11. How can I bypass it or reset it without a disk or usb that I don’t have? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-my-hp-laptop-running/75074d56-625c-4e00-abe3-b89374a70e6b
  6. My disc usage says its at 100% while nothing is running. How do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My disc usage says its at 100% while nothing is running. How do i fix this?: I got my laptop back in November 2022 and it was running fine until about 2 weeks ago. I reset it just before and it would get resolved for a bit. But now it just doesnt work and i dont know what to do...
  7. My disc usage says its at 100% while nothing is running. How do i fix this?

My disc usage says its at 100% while nothing is running. How do i fix this?: I got my laptop back in November 2022 and it was running fine until about 2 weeks ago. I reset it just before and it would get resolved for a bit. But now it just doesnt work and i dont know what to do...
  8. Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...: I am unable to uninstall it as it gives an error all updates failed to uninstall, rarely even when it unistalls it get reinstalled immediately after restart of PC.I also use net.exe stop sysmain to lower the burdenhere is some of CBS logs for your reference:-2023-08-29...
  9. Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...

Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...: I am unable to uninstall it as it gives an error all updates failed to uninstall, rarely even when it unistalls it get reinstalled immediately after restart of PC.here is some of CBS logs for your reference:-2023-08-29 15:35:51, Info CBS TI: --- Initializing Trusted Installer...
  10. Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...: I am unable to uninstall it as it gives an error all updates failed to uninstall, rarely even when it unistalls it get reinstalled immediately after restart of PC.here is some of CBS logs for your reference:-2023-08-29 15:35:51, Info CBS TI: --- Initializing Trusted Installer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this pc for running disc