Windows 10: Running a .exe with no GUI

Discus and support Running a .exe with no GUI in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use Linux on my home computer, but at most other places it’s Windows 10. I created a Python script to ask the user for a password and if it’s correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cf_1303, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Running a .exe with no GUI

I use Linux on my home computer, but at most other places it’s Windows 10. I created a Python script to ask the user for a password and if it’s correct it’ll display my passwords. This is obviously insecure because the user could edit the file and see all the data that’ll be printed if password is correct, so then I used auto-py-to-exe to covert it to an executable file. In Linux terminal I’d do ‘,/program.exe’. On Windows I’ve tried ‘start program.exe’ but it doesn’t work. Any ideas how to run it? Or is it simply not compatible with Windows?

submitted by /u/cf_1303
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cf_1303, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 1, 2020
  3. USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Running a .exe with no GUI

Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Running a .exe with no GUI

1. Running a .exe with no GUI - Similar Threads - Running exe GUI

2. Batch File run but GUI not prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch File run but GUI not prompt: Hello,I made an batch file to run exe file but GUI prompt not appear if i tried to run from outside i.e. batch file present on ABC Folder and I am going to command prompt and run the same it's running and GUI Interface shows but when I runneed the file from other directory...
  3. Batch File run but GUI not prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File run but GUI not prompt: Hello,I made an batch file to run exe file but GUI prompt not appear if i tried to run from outside i.e. batch file present on ABC Folder and I am going to command prompt and run the same it's running and GUI Interface shows but when I runneed the file from other directory...
  4. unable to run *.exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to run *.exe files: unable to run *.exe files from different sources. Win 10 MS Surface pro 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-exe-files/c2331948-49a4-4c91-9b2d-a0523028ec41
  5. Cannot run GUI app on WSL 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot run GUI app on WSL 2: I want to open some GUI apps on WSL 2 using Windows Insider 19640, but it doesn't work. For example, if I want to open gthumb in Ubuntu terminal, it throws an error: lemma@DESKTOP-TE65AIF:~$ xhost + xhost: unable to open display ":0" lemma@DESKTOP-TE65AIF:~$ gthumb...
  6. running .exe command

in Windows 10 Customization
    running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  7. No exe files will run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  9. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...
  10. OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?: I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the client side going. On this Windows 10 client laptop I have installed OpenVPN GUI. It's running according to Task Manager and...