Windows 10: Running a R9 270 and want to upgrade to play Doom and demanding titles

Discus and support Running a R9 270 and want to upgrade to play Doom and demanding titles in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I run an R9 270 while attempting to play Doom and even at low I still get 30 frames. After 3 years of the same graphics I think it's time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by NussOkeh, Nov 27, 2016.

1. NussOkeh Win User

Running a R9 270 and want to upgrade to play Doom and demanding titles

Hi everyone. I run an R9 270 while attempting to play Doom and even at low I still get 30 frames. After 3 years of the same graphics I think it's time to upgrade for the future.

I'm trying to figure out what to upgrade to as the r9 is from AMD, would Nvidia be tough to change to?
    I'd like some reconmendations and feedback about this guy here.
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 Mini, ZT-P10600A-10L, 6GB GDDR5 Super Compact - Newegg.com Would this up my performance enough or should something else be used. Much is appreciated!

:)

NussOkeh, Nov 27, 2016

2. How to check the program compatibility with Windows 10

Original Title[Considering upgrading to windows 10...]

I'm also streaming a bit with OBS, I have a 16gb>i7>R9 270 Sapphire>z87 mobo is there a way of checking my compatibility with what programs I run and what's available to run on win10?

Xeiragames, Nov 27, 2016
  3. RaazDost Win User
    Doom

• You really love Doom and still play it to this day. You have upgraded your system to Windows 10 and want to continue to play Doom. Doom gives an error when you try to run it. Explain the steps you can take to get Doom to play on your Windows 10 system.

RaazDost, Nov 27, 2016
  4. Running a R9 270 and want to upgrade to play Doom and demanding titles

Not sure about the 10 - 60 / 70 /80 series gpu's

If you choose an AMD card on an AMD CPU in my experience use a R9 280 (384-Bit or a R9 390 512-Bit).
    I had a R9 380 (256-Bit) XFX card & had nothing but problems with stutter, the other day I tried a 7970 (384-Bit) which was smooth as hell playing GTA V but had been thrashed by the seller so it failed to draw / shade leaving triangles on the screen & half black screens while playing a game but not crashing, so I will always suggest new cards.

The GPU I am using a the moment is a GT 730 Passive & was surprised how good it was & this series is about the right series for my AMD setup ?

RoadBlaster, Nov 27, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Nov 27, 2016
  6. The 1060 will be a pretty big improvement over the R9 270, for sure.

If you decide to stick with AMD, an RX 470 or 480 would be good.

blackroseMD1, Nov 27, 2016
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    If you intend to play Doom using Vulkan API you will get better framerates with AMD RX 480.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Running a R9 270 and want to upgrade to play Doom and demanding titles

1. Running a R9 270 and want to upgrade to play Doom and demanding titles - Similar Threads - Running 270 upgrade

2. BSOD when playing doom eternal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing doom eternal: I only get a Blue screen in this game as of now. The only error message i get is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"My laptops specs are:RTX 4060 Laptop Gpu12th Gen Intel Core 17-12650Hand I am using a gigabyte G5 KF5.The error log is...
  3. BSOD when playing doom eternal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing doom eternal: I only get a Blue screen in this game as of now. The only error message i get is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"My laptops specs are:RTX 4060 Laptop Gpu12th Gen Intel Core 17-12650Hand I am using a gigabyte G5 KF5.The error log is...
  4. Microsoft Updates/Upgrade Demands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Updates/Upgrade Demands: Today, I went into my computer and it said I had no internet. My ISP and modem was fine. So, I restarted my computer. During that restart, I got an ask from Microsoft to upgrade my Windows. I declined, logged in and there was my internet connection. This happens often and I'm...
  5. BSOD when playing Doom Eternal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing Doom Eternal: I'm getting a WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error when playing Doom Eternal. I've just recently built my computer and I haven't played many games on it. I know it isn't very demanding, but I played a Stellaris game that took several hours to complete and never got a blue screen. On the...
  6. R9 270 vs GTX 1660

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    R9 270 vs GTX 1660: I'm trying to upgrade my video card around the $200 mark but I don't know much about them so would a GTX 1660 be a better card and does the brand mean anything?
  7. AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue: Was using my PC when it unexpectedly crashed. Restarting caused windows to attempt and automatic repair, which does not succeed. Booting into Safe Mode does work, and from there, if I reinstall AMD driver software Adrenaline 20.2.2 with factory reset, the computer the...
  8. anybody play game prey and the updated doom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anybody play game prey and the updated doom: anybody play game prey and the updated doom. Prey game really unique but hard having after passing lobby having trouble not being killed. 142637
  9. Waterblock for Gigabyte R9 270

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waterblock for Gigabyte R9 270: I am currently building a watercooling loop for my PC because I am idling at 59-66 c on my gpu and cpu with fans maxed out. I found everything but a block for my gpu. A r9 270 is basically a 7870 and I found a 7870 waterblock from EK that listed an HIS r9 270 is compatable....
  10. How do I get 2 HDMI monitors running on my AMD Radeon R9 270?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I get 2 HDMI monitors running on my AMD Radeon R9 270?: So I have a r9 270 which only has 1 HDMI port. I was wondering if there's a way to have 2 HDMI monitors running on my 270 which only has 1 HDMI port. Would it be worth upgrading graphics cards for this reason? I'm in need for more space so utilize live streaming and editing...