Windows 10: running a scan and it says it is going to take 30 hours to complete

Discus and support running a scan and it says it is going to take 30 hours to complete in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm running a full virus scan and the more files it scans the higher the estimated completion time goes. It's now over 30 hours.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaryCarani, Sep 17, 2018.

1. running a scan and it says it is going to take 30 hours to complete

I'm running a full virus scan and the more files it scans the higher the estimated completion time goes. It's now over 30 hours.

:)

MaryCarani, Sep 17, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond running a scan and it says it is going to take 30 hours to complete :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Jeddie Win User
    How run Scans without PC going to sleep

This has been bugging me.

When I run a long scan of say Malwarebytes Custom Scan or Microsoft Safety Scanner after a certain amount of time, my PC goes to sleep. And of course the scan stops until I move the mouse to wake it and the scan re-starts.
    Some of these scans take many many hours to complete because of this sleep/wake/sleep cycle.

I don't really want to touch my sleep / power settings each time I run a scan?

So how do you guys handle this? I would love to be able to run these longer scans when I go to bed and wakeup to a completed scan.

Jeddie, Sep 17, 2018
  4. running a scan and it says it is going to take 30 hours to complete

Green bar does not go all the way to the end and scan stops and says scan completed

Green bar does not go all the way to the end and scan stops and says scan

completed. same for quick & full s.can

GordonDawes, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

running a scan and it says it is going to take 30 hours to complete

1. running a scan and it says it is going to take 30 hours to complete - Similar Threads - running scan says

2. Windows 11 updates take hours to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates take hours to complete: Hi.I have a laptop that is a couple years old. Its not a slow one, its an ASUS Zenbook with Ryzen 7 4700U, 16Gb of RAM and a 512Gb Kingston NVMe SSD.Everything on the laptop works like a charm, except for Windows updates. Most updates take hours to complete, I usually just...
  3. Support Assist Hardware Scan taking hours to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Support Assist Hardware Scan taking hours to complete: I have an Inspiron 7375 Windows 10. My laptop was running slow, apps would take long to open, mail app would open only to close on its own, etc. I checked for updates and one driver needed to get installed. After doing so I still ran through the same issues. I went into...
  4. Support Assist Hardware Scan taking hours to complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Support Assist Hardware Scan taking hours to complete: I have an Inspiron 7375 Windows 10. My laptop was running slow, apps would take long to open, mail app would open only to close on its own, etc. I checked for updates and one driver needed to get installed. After doing so I still ran through the same issues. I went into...
  5. Support Assist Hardware Scan taking Hours to Complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Support Assist Hardware Scan taking Hours to Complete: I have an Inspiron 7375 Windows 10. My laptop was running slow, apps would take long to open, mail app would open only to close on its own, etc. I checked for updates and one driver needed to get installed. After doing so I still ran through the same issues. I went into...
  6. Support Assist Hardware Scan taking Hours to Complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Support Assist Hardware Scan taking Hours to Complete: I have an Inspiron 7375 Windows 10. My laptop was running slow, apps would take long to open, mail app would open only to close on its own, etc. I checked for updates and one driver needed to get installed. After doing so I still ran through the same issues. I went into...
  7. Support Assist Hardware Scan taking Hours to Complete

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. virus scan running on working hours

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus scan running on working hours: win10 v-1803 b-17134 hello, virus scan is running on working hours and slow down the system significantly! is it possible for the system to have that scan not on working hours?...
  9. I'm running a full scan and it's taking over 30 hours to complete.

I'm running a full scan and it's taking over 30 hours to complete.: I'm running a full virus scan and the more files it scans the higher the estimated completion time goes. It's now over 30 hours....
  10. Quick scan takes hours to complete

Quick scan takes hours to complete: What is going on with quick scan? I ran it yesterday and it took all day to run. Also is there a setting to run automatically. It is set to run real-time so is a scheduled scan unnecessary?...