Windows 10: Running a Second Monitor & Wireless Display from Lenovo P50 Thinkpad Laptop

Discus and support Running a Second Monitor & Wireless Display from Lenovo P50 Thinkpad Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community - I'm currently "duplicating" my Thinkpad screen onto a Dell monitor via HDMI. I leave the laptop closed, so I'm only using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Preston Kirkpatrick, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Running a Second Monitor & Wireless Display from Lenovo P50 Thinkpad Laptop

Hi Microsoft Community -

I'm currently "duplicating" my Thinkpad screen onto a Dell monitor via HDMI. I leave the laptop closed, so I'm only using one screen. I recently purchased an Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor V2 for an Insignia TV and want to be able to "Extend" my Dell monitor to the TV screen.

Although the "Project" screen recognizes the adapter and attempts to connect to it once selected, the screen reverts to the "Ready to Connect" state after 10 seconds of the TV monitor turning Black.

I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad P50 with an Nvidia Quadro m2000m.

I've tried every troubleshooting step I have been able to find with no luck.

:)

Preston Kirkpatrick, Mar 25, 2020

2. Running a Second Monitor & Wireless Display from Lenovo P50 Thinkpad Laptop

Hi Microsoft Community -

I'm currently "duplicating" my Thinkpad screen onto a Dell monitor via HDMI. I leave the laptop closed, so I'm only using one screen. I recently purchased an Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor V2 for an Insignia TV and want to be able to "Extend" my Dell
    monitor to the TV screen.

Although the "Project" screen recognizes the adapter and attempts to connect to it once selected, the screen reverts to the "Ready to Connect" state after 10 seconds of the TV monitor turning Black.

I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad P50 with an Nvidia Quadro m2000m.

I've tried every troubleshooting step I have been able to find with no luck.

Preston Kirkpatrick, May 25, 2020
  3. setrakian Win User
    Lenovo Thinkpad p50 display blue screen

Hi, i have a Lenovo Thinkpad p50, when i start the laptop, i had a error with windows "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart", i want to know do i need to repalce the hard drive and reinstall the windows?

And i found the hard drive replace guide
    https://www.laptopmain.com/lenovo-thinkpad-p50-disassembly-and-ram-ssd-upgrade-guide/
    , it seem there is a little trouble to replace the hard drive.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

setrakian, May 25, 2020
  4. Running a Second Monitor & Wireless Display from Lenovo P50 Thinkpad Laptop

Lenovo Announces the ThinkPad P50 and P70 Mobile Workstations

Lenovo today unveiled the beginning of a new family of mobile workstation innovations, the ThinkPad P50 and P70, at the SIGGRAPH 2015 Conference and Exhibition. These new ThinkPad P Series systems are the best-performing and most reliable mobile workstations available and are designed to run the most demanding Independent Software Vendor (ISV) applications.

"We've built features into these machines that were previously unachievable in a notebook, making them the most versatile and highest-performing mobile workstations ever," said Victor Rios, vice president and general manager, Workstations, Lenovo. "We're focused on making sure users have the tools necessary to drive innovation. That is why we are expanding our portfolio and raising the standard of mobile workstation performance. Introducing the ThinkPad P Series unites our mobile portfolio with our existing award-winning line of tower workstations, the ThinkStation P Series."

Running a Second Monitor & Wireless Display from Lenovo P50 Thinkpad Laptop Lenovo_ThinkPad_P50_001_thm.jpg

Running a Second Monitor & Wireless Display from Lenovo P50 Thinkpad Laptop Lenovo_ThinkPad_P70_001_thm.jpg

Meet the New ThinkPad P Series
    ThinkPad P70: Designed for high-end professionals in industries ranging from media and entertainment to oil and gas, the Lenovo ThinkPad P70 introduces a 17-inch mobile workstation to the ThinkPad family. The new offering comes packed with the most memory and storage ever found in a mobile workstation. The ThinkPad P70 is loaded with up to 64 GB of DDR4 ECC memory and the ability to handle up to four storage devices and up to a terabyte of SSD storage, utilizing the latest PCIe technology for speeds up to five times faster than current SATA technology. Additionally, the ThinkPad P70 comes with two Intel Thunderbolt 3 ports for ultra-fast connectivity and a 4K UHD display or optional FHD touch.

"Media and entertainment professionals invest in complex and incredibly resource-intensive applications to bring their creations to life. They are increasingly looking for the performance to run these applications in a mobile workstation," said visual effects industry pioneer Scott Ross. "The Lenovo ThinkPad P70 gives these users all the performance they need and more to continue to raise the bar for graphics innovation and move their industry forward. It's the best mobile workstation I've seen."

ThinkPad P50: Lenovo's thinnest and lightest full-function mobile workstation yet, the ThinkPad P50 features a beautiful 15.6-inch UHD 4K display and is certified to run users' most requested ISV applications. The ThinkPad P50 is a feature-rich, highly powerful mobile workstation for performance-seeking users. As the follow-on to the ThinkPad W541, the P50 builds on the innovation and purposeful design of Lenovo's industry-leading ThinkPad mobile workstations.

The Ultimate in Mobile Workstation Performance
    The new ThinkPad P50 and P70 are mil-spec tested for maximum durability, and also come loaded with the most advanced components and features available in a mobile workstation. These machines are the first equipped with the new Intel Xeon Processor E3-1500M v5 product family, for lightning-fast performance and enhanced reliability for critical workstation applications. Both systems feature NVIDIA Quadro GPUs for unmatched graphics capability. The ThinkPad P Series also come with X-Rite Pantone color calibration, keeping colors accurate throughout the life of the product and protecting the customers' investment.

The ThinkPad P50 and P70 feature a brand new FLEX Performance Cooling system. The dual-fan design allows for cooler, quieter and faster performance. This revolutionary design allows for both optimal uptime, as dictated by the needs of the application, giving the user the ability to push the system harder and for longer periods of time.

Pricing and Availability
    The new Lenovo ThinkPad P Series mobile workstations will be available starting in Q4 2015 through Lenovo business partners and on www.lenovo.com. Pricing for the P50 begins at $1599, and the P70 begins at $1999.

Cristian_25H, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Running a Second Monitor & Wireless Display from Lenovo P50 Thinkpad Laptop

1. Running a Second Monitor & Wireless Display from Lenovo P50 Thinkpad Laptop - Similar Threads - Running Second Monitor

2. Wireless second display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless second display: Until two days ago I‘ve been using my Windows 10 tablet as a second display for my Windows 11 laptop, connecting wirelessly. Obviously both are set up to be used in this fashion and I’ve made no changes to either device.Suddenly the devices will no longer connect. The laptop...
  3. Wireless second display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless second display: Until two days ago I‘ve been using my Windows 10 tablet as a second display for my Windows 11 laptop, connecting wirelessly. Obviously both are set up to be used in this fashion and I’ve made no changes to either device.Suddenly the devices will no longer connect. The laptop...
  4. BSODs on Lenovo P50 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs on Lenovo P50 laptop: I've been experiencing some BSODs over the past few months--on both Windows 10 and Win 11--I upgraded in the hopes that they would go away, but that was apparently not the case.I will get them every so often while I'm using the PC, but it's almost guaranteed that the laptop...
  5. BSODs on Lenovo P50 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs on Lenovo P50 laptop: I've been experiencing some BSODs over the past few months--on both Windows 10 and Win 11--I upgraded in the hopes that they would go away, but that was apparently not the case.I will get them every so often while I'm using the PC, but it's almost guaranteed that the laptop...
  6. Wireless Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless Second Monitor: Hello, Newbie question here: I have 2 laptops. When I connect to the second laptop wirelessly with the first, using the second as an additional monitor, Which graphics cards is the second laptop (the one being used as an external monitor) running off? Is it my first...
  7. Using laptop as second monitor via wireless display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using laptop as second monitor via wireless display: What I want: Use my laptop as a second monitor at home. The laptop does not have HDMI in so I have to go wireless. So I have both computers setup to use the connect app, have the settings configured under "projecting to this PC", both on the same network (desktop wired and...
  8. Second Monitor does not display on boot from Shutdown. Second monitor is only displayed on...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second Monitor does not display on boot from Shutdown. Second monitor is only displayed on...: This just started happening recently after I updated Windows and my graphics driver. When I shutdown the computer and turn it back on, I am not able to see the display on my second monitor. But with only one monitor working, if I click restart, the computer reboots and now...
  9. Run two monitors on wireless display adapters from one laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Run two monitors on wireless display adapters from one laptop: Is the following configuration possible: - one laptop - two external monitors each connected with a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - desktop extended across all three displays (laptop screen, monitor 1, monitor 2) Thanks!...
  10. second laptop for display monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second laptop for display monitor: Won't detect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-laptop-for-display-monitor/744493e6-624f-456e-8663-0dfc47c6b535