Windows 10: Running a Windows XP Virtual Machine inside of Windows 10... need help with activation.

Discus and support Running a Windows XP Virtual Machine inside of Windows 10... need help with activation. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good afternoon, all! I work at a major university and we have a strange IT issue. I'm trying to get this done without breaking any user agreements /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dennis Freeland, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Running a Windows XP Virtual Machine inside of Windows 10... need help with activation.

Good afternoon, all!

I work at a major university and we have a strange IT issue. I'm trying to get this done without breaking any user agreements / etc., and doing everything legally.

Here's the situation... in one of our labs, we have a piece of analysis equipment that only works on Windows XP. For years, they were using a Windows 7 Machine running Windows XP Mode. That machine died and we were able to pull the hard drive, and create a VM in Hyper-V to use on another machine running Windows 10. Unfortunately, we cannot see the lab equipment on a VM within a VM for some reason (we've tried many things).

So, it seems like the only choice here is for us to attempt to migrate the existing Windows XP VM from Windows 7 to the host machine, a Windows 10 machine. It came up, but Windows XP shows as not being activated. We tried to activate by phone, and I purchased / tried to use another activation key, but that didn't work either (to be fair, that could be a version mismatch).

Any advice?

:)

Dennis Freeland, Feb 14, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Feb 14, 2019
  4. markflory Win User

Running a Windows XP Virtual Machine inside of Windows 10... need help with activation.

Windows XP running in virtual machine on Windows 10

I was running Windows XP in a Oracle virtual machine on top of Windows 10. It was working fine but now when XP tries to start up, it says Windows must be activated. When I click OK to activate it, it says "Already Activated" and kicks me back to the
    XP login screen which puts me in a loop with same results. The Windows 10 runs fine but I have lost my virtual box. A friend set this up for me and I don't know how to re-install it. Can anyone help me. Thanks.

markflory, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Running a Windows XP Virtual Machine inside of Windows 10... need help with activation.

1. Running a Windows XP Virtual Machine inside of Windows 10... need help with activation. - Similar Threads - Running Virtual Machine

2. Drivers for a XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for a XP virtual machine: I created a Windows XP virtual machine using the Hyper-V Manager on my Windows 11 Pro, activated it and installed the basic software codecs and some other utilities.However, I don't have any sound, can't connect to the internet I already set up a legacy adapter and can't...
  3. Drivers for a XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers for a XP virtual machine: I created a Windows XP virtual machine using the Hyper-V Manager on my Windows 11 Pro, activated it and installed the basic software codecs and some other utilities.However, I don't have any sound, can't connect to the internet I already set up a legacy adapter and can't...
  4. Activate Windows 10 on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 on virtual machine: I have recently installed windows 10 on VirtualBox on my genuine licensed windows 10 home edition, The virtual machine says that the windows 10 I have downloaded does not have a license key for the home edition, am I not understanding how to overcome this, and I don't want to...
  5. Windows 10 Activation in Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation in Virtual Machine: Hi, I have a windows 10 pro running on my desktop and would like to do some experiments on it in a virtual environment. Is it possible to use the same activation key for a second time in my virtual environment? It will be running on the same host machine as the already...
  6. Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine: Hi and question: If I run a virtual machine inside my windows 10 machine, does all the telemetry, keystroke logging, etc. still happen while inside the VM? Example: If I run Linux Mint in a VM with Windows 10 as the host computer, does Windows (Microsoft) get all the...
  7. Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine: I'm up to 3 attempts at installing an XP machine on Hyper V (Windows 10 Pro), and though I can get the machine to run, I cannot find the browser I installed. Using the Hyper V tutorial, I followed carefully the points of unblocking both WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and Opera's...
  8. How to activate a Windows Insider build in a virtual machine?

How to activate a Windows Insider build in a virtual machine?: This is how my main pc is activated: [ATTACH] Whenever I do a clean install it already self-activates to the Windows 10 home version and later, I use my Windows 8 Pro serial key to upgrade the Pro version. To experiment with some insider builds I've created a virtual...
  9. Help need in Virtual Machines Windows

Help need in Virtual Machines Windows: it looks like problem seems from Microsoft website i downloaded the file from here https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/ but after downloading i am unable to extract it can someone pls check and let me know , i knoe file is too big to download , i...
  10. Windows XP Virtual machine on Windows 10

Windows XP Virtual machine on Windows 10: Hi all- I'm looking for some suggestions on how to install Windows XP virtual PC on to my new Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. Really need XP to run some very old Windows 32-bit apps. Can I do it on windows 10? what are the other possibilities? Thanks for you time....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run windows xp inside windows 10

2. virtual windows XP inside windows 10

3. windows xp vmware inside windows 10

4. windows xp virtual machine needs activatred,
  5. will windows 7 pro xp mode run in virtual box