Windows 10: Running app disappears between the two screens

Discus and support Running app disappears between the two screens in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has happened several times: I have extended my laptop on a bigger screen. I start a new app/program from the taskbar. The program starts but is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stonefudge, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Running app disappears between the two screens

This has happened several times:

I have extended my laptop on a bigger screen. I start a new app/program from the taskbar. The program starts but is nowhere to be found on either of the screens.

The only solution is to switch back to "PC Screen Only" where it shows up and then project again.

Has anyone else faced this issue and is there a workaround?

submitted by /u/stonefudge
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stonefudge, Jan 16, 2020

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Core Apps not Running

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the App Troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue persists:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Running app disappears between the two screens

Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Running app disappears between the two screens

1. Running app disappears between the two screens - Similar Threads - Running app disappears

2. Corrupted transfer of an app between two drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted transfer of an app between two drives: I had Sea of Thieves on drive D, a HDD, and wanted to move it to C, a SSD via the program manager option.Midtransfer, I have accidentaly closed the program manager, and now I am stuck in this state: C has already allocated all the space needed for the game, but program...
  3. Corrupted transfer of an app between two drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted transfer of an app between two drives: I had Sea of Thieves on drive D, a HDD, and wanted to move it to C, a SSD via the program manager option.Midtransfer, I have accidentaly closed the program manager, and now I am stuck in this state: C has already allocated all the space needed for the game, but program...
  4. Different Looks for Settings App between Two Separate PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Looks for Settings App between Two Separate PCs: Hi everybody, Can somebody please tell me why the Settings app on my main computer Windows 10 2004 looks different compared to my second computer Windows 10 1909? The top bar with my account info and links to Windows Update and One Drive seem to missing, even before I...
  5. Syncronization between two account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Syncronization between two account: On my Windows 10 Pro computer I have two accounts, one administrative and the other standard. The administrative account is correctly linked to my Mirosoft account. The standard account does not accept my username e-Mail because it is already used in my administrative...
  6. Screen saver spreads image between the two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver spreads image between the two monitors: Although I have setup the two screens to work independently - one app running on one screen and a different app running on the other, when Windows screen saver kicks in, the image appears half on each screen. i.e. as if I was using a very wide monitor and the image is in the...
  7. my cursor disappears when switching between open apps

my cursor disappears when switching between open apps: When I have multiple pages on the desktop open one disappears when switching between the open apps. How do I fix this in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-disappears-when-switching-between-open/e71af598-723d-4e5d-bdbf-274840731113
  8. Windows apps moved between screens

Windows apps moved between screens: Hi Guys, I have a new ACER laptop and since I have started using it I have noticed very weird thing with Windows 10 (1809 but it happened on previous version as well). I have additional 27" monitor connected through HDMI cable - I have set it as main screen but I am also...
  9. System won't boot. Oscillates between two screens.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System won't boot. Oscillates between two screens.: My card reader wasn't working so I went to the Dell site and installed a driver. The card reader still didn't work so I rebooted my Dell 660 PC, or tried to. It boots to a Windows splash screen, the goes to a Dell splash screen, then continues to go back and forth between the...
  10. Switching between full screen apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between full screen apps: I know not many people use full screen apps, but how do you easily switch between them in 8/8.1 go to start screen load app go to start screen load another app now you can mouse to top left and select which app you want in 10 go to start screen load app and use...