Windows 10: running apps from a usb drive, including authenticator

Discus and support running apps from a usb drive, including authenticator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I install apps for windows 10 on a USB drive will they work only for the PC that I'm on at the time or can I take that USB drive and go to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christine Magnan, Jun 15, 2020.

1. running apps from a usb drive, including authenticator

If I install apps for windows 10 on a USB drive will they work only for the PC that I'm on at the time or can I take that USB drive and go to a different windows PC and run the apps there?

I want to set up a USB drive to with my security software and the authenticator. My main goal is to make it so that you have to have the USB drive like a security fob to access any of my pc's.

Hope I'm being clear here, I'm having a "foggy day".

-cm-

:)

Christine Magnan, Jun 15, 2020

2. run apps off a USB drive?

Hey, guys, do you have the experience of running your daily used apps off a USB drive?

Which is I am now trying to do. But I find that only portable apps can be run like that.

while some apps like MS office are not portably available. How can I do that?

wonkotheinsane, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

running apps from a usb drive, including authenticator

Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

Source: Microsoft Authenticator (beta)

Brink, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

running apps from a usb drive, including authenticator

1. running apps from a usb drive, including authenticator - Similar Threads - running apps usb

2. Authenticator App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator App: Hi, I accidently/stupidly deleted an account linkedin from my authenticator app! Can I retrieve/reverse my mistake? How do I fix this?Thoughts?Thank you,John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/authenticator-app/de867ad7-8d7a-455b-bca1-4420f3eaccca
  3. Authenticator App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Authenticator App: Hi, I accidently/stupidly deleted an account linkedin from my authenticator app! Can I retrieve/reverse my mistake? How do I fix this?Thoughts?Thank you,John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/authenticator-app/de867ad7-8d7a-455b-bca1-4420f3eaccca
  4. How to run Windows 10 from a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run Windows 10 from a USB drive?: Hi. Can someone explain to me how to install the full and working version of Windows 10 on a USB flash drive, so i can use the OS on different computers that have Windows 10 activation in their BIOS chip, without having to install the OS on the computers?I want to install the...
  5. How to run Windows 10 from a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run Windows 10 from a USB drive?: Hi. Can someone explain to me how to install the full and working version of Windows 10 on a USB flash drive, so i can use the OS on different computers that have Windows 10 activation in their BIOS chip, without having to install the OS on the computers?I want to install the...
  6. How to run Windows 10 from a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to run apps from old drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to run apps from old drive: Hey, Background to problem: My OS was installed on my Internal Hard Drive the "old drive" from now on but failed to run. I wanted to salvage my files so I fresh-installed the OS on my SSD after formatting it my other drive. Initially I had some permission problems accessing...
  8. Authenticator App

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Authenticator App: Hello, I would like to suggest to add a feature in the Microsoft authenticator application which enables the user to login into a session without using a password just like outlook or other Microsoft's services....
  9. Search not including items in external USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not including items in external USB drive: My Documents folder is on an external USB drive. My C: drive is on an SSD. The Documents folder in the C: drive has been redirected to that folder on the USB drive. When I search (the field to the right of the Start button) for anything that I know is in that docs. folder on...
  10. Launch app from USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Launch app from USB drive: I have just gotten Windows 10 Surface Pro(2017) which comes with 512GB SSD drive. I want to create a data partition out of this SSD. I know the W10 utility(disk management) appears to allow this, but I want to use a utility I have used for long time. My problem is that the...