Windows 10: Running apps when windows locked mode and lid closed mode

Discus and support Running apps when windows locked mode and lid closed mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How i can keep apps running in windows 10 when i lock it or close lid? I see, I can manage what apps that I can choose keep running in backgroud apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohannesLumbantoruan, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Running apps when windows locked mode and lid closed mode

How i can keep apps running in windows 10 when i lock it or close lid? I see, I can manage what apps that I can choose keep running in backgroud apps. But I can't add apps that I want to keep running when my laptop locked or I close the lid

:)

JohannesLumbantoruan, Oct 5, 2019
  2. huntert Win User

Dell laptop in airplane mode and all apps closed when wake up

I have a Dell Latitude E5570 with all drivers/bios fully up to date. Additionally, Windows 10 is fully up to date.

Here is the process I have been using for the past 1.5 years with this laptop and it has been working fine:

When finished working for the day:
    1. Start -> User -> Lock to lock the computer so when it wakes up I still have all of my apps running.
    2. Unplug everything from the laptop (including the power cable).
    3. Shut the lid and make sure the light goes into a soft blinking sleep mode.

The next day when I open the lid the laptop is in airplane mode and the battery is half way drained. Something is definitely running while the computer is in sleep mode.

The same issue happens when I single press the power button to directly put the laptop into sleep mode when finished for the day, then close the lid.

The problem started happening about 3 weeks ago. I am sure it is due to a driver update or something. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I noticed disabling hibernate in command line fixed the airplane mode issue (but why should I have to do this?). However, it did not fix the battery drain issue.

huntert, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Sleep mode when lid is closed

When I close the lid of my Lenovo laptop with Windows 7, the computer doesn NOT go to sleep. The settings in Control Panel are correct: When I Close The Lid I have put SLEEP for battery and plugged in mode. How can I get it to go back to working normally
    and putting my laptop to sleep mode when I close the lid? I already had Windows 7 re-installed, but the problem is still there. Thank you Running apps when windows locked mode and lid closed mode :)

louisalouisa, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Running apps when windows locked mode and lid closed mode

Windows 10 lock on lid close

Hi Radoslav,

Like the information you were able to find, closing the lid of your laptop will shut it down, put it to sleep, or let it hibernate. Locking the PC by closing the lid is currently not a function available in Windows.

We suggest you share your feedback or suggestions on this
    page
    for Microsoft to look into this option for future developments in Windows.

Hope this helps.

Ruz San, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Running apps when windows locked mode and lid closed mode

1. Running apps when windows locked mode and lid closed mode - Similar Threads - Running apps locked

2. Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode: There was another posting regarding this issue in June2022. I noticed the same issue on two of my laptops running Win11. How to reproduce:1. Run YouTube on Win11 laptop I have an HP Envy xx360 Intel and a Lenovo Slim 7 AMD laptop2. Stop YouTube but do not minimize the browser...
  3. Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode: There was another posting regarding this issue in June2022. I noticed the same issue on two of my laptops running Win11. How to reproduce:1. Run YouTube on Win11 laptop I have an HP Envy xx360 Intel and a Lenovo Slim 7 AMD laptop2. Stop YouTube but do not minimize the browser...
  4. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  5. Laptop in sleep mode lid closed for 14 hrs

Laptop in sleep mode lid closed for 14 hrs: So my laptop was in sleep mode with closed lid for 14 hrs i just have to ask will harm anything as i cant see anything wrong but pls tell is it harm full?...
  6. windows 10 sleep mode - closing the lid drains battery

windows 10 sleep mode - closing the lid drains battery: Hi, I have windows 10 prowith asus zenbook 14 pro ux480fd, and when closing the lead and entering sleep modeI made sure of that in settings it drains the battery almost as if it wasn't on sleep mode. after contacting asus, they said it has to do with microsoft. are you...
  7. Display goes into sleep mode when I close the lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display goes into sleep mode when I close the lid: My laptop goes into sleep mode when I close the lid, how can I get it to stay open on the monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display/82282cbb-1483-4ac8-ad25-93d5be7befbd
  8. Windows 10 sleep mode when I close the lid on my laptop

Windows 10 sleep mode when I close the lid on my laptop: Windows 10 continues to go into sleep mode when I close the lid on my laptop, even though I have the settings for this disabled. Am I missing something else?...
  9. Closing lid does NOT put pc to sleep mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Closing lid does NOT put pc to sleep mode.: I've verified the correct Settings, even run hardware troubleshooter. Any suggestions? DELL Inspiron 5555 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-lid-does-not-put-pc-to-sleep-mode/aed5d80b-574d-4547-8b9a-f41a99e6030d
  10. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"