Windows 10: Running Autocad r14 on win 10

Discus and support Running Autocad r14 on win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is my first post on this forum. I was quite happy with win 7, then along came Microsoft and installed win 10 on my computer, without my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by neksmerj, Jul 29, 2016.

1. neksmerj Win User

Running Autocad r14 on win 10

This is my first post on this forum.

I was quite happy with win 7, then along came Microsoft and installed win 10 on my computer, without my permission.

At first I was quite annoyed, but now like win 10.

I digress, my question is how can I get Autocad r14 to install and run under win10? I have the r14 disk

Ken

:)

neksmerj, Jul 29, 2016

2. Autocad R14 reset to default

Autocad R14 reset to default - start/ All apps/Autocad/Reset default - (I am unable to find 'all apps')

Please advise

JohnBurburry, Jul 29, 2016
  3. mem_bad_pointer while opening autocad Lt 97 (r14)

I am trying to open autocad Lt 97 (r14) in windowss 10. I get a message "mem_bad_pointer". Can someone tell me why it won't open.

Original title:

RobertNeilson22, Jul 29, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jul 29, 2016
  5. neksmerj Win User
    I looked through your post and there's no mention of Autocad r14

Ken

neksmerj, Jul 30, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    What is R14 equivalent to, 2014? If so:
    What I found for R14 is this:
    If so then it will never support Windows 10. Someone may come up with a hack to make it work but I did not see any in the searches I did.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
  7. neksmerj Win User
    Ztruker, r14 is a very early version of Autocad as distinct from Autocad 2014.

r14 is a 32 bit application, 2014 is a 64 bit application.

Ken

neksmerj, Jul 31, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

I think you are out of luck then. The alternative I see is to setup a Windows 7 Virtual Machine using Oracle VirtualBox (the one I use) then install Autocad R14 under it. Performance will be somewhat affected but not all that much and would allow you to continue using R14.

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2016
  9. DaveC Win User
    Dear neksmerj:

Dave C here...you MIGHT have never heard about Longbow Software, a MUCH-recommended vendor of "installation manager" software that SHOULD be able to get your AutoCAD r14 software running on Windows 10, especially if you've got the 64-bit Win-10 operating system version.

Their Longbow Converter is what I've used...THREE TIMES now...to get my registered copy of AutoCAD 2009 LT running on Windows 10 x64, and its ability to get MANY differing Autodesk-specific CAD titles running on much newer versions of Windows is a semi-"legend" in the AutoCAD community.

Give 'em a checkout, as their software...including their "non-Autodesk-published" Longbow Reviver installation manager also does for non-Autodesk-published software titles does...makes a whole raft of earlier Windows software titles installable and runnable on Windows 10, especially the X64 variety of it!

Hope this helps...

Yours Sincerely,

Dave C..*Wink..!!

DaveC, Aug 6, 2017
  10. Ken, I know this is an old post but did you get autocad r14 working? There's an easy way to do it without any additional software etc. I've got it running in Windows 7/8/10. You cant INSTALL it but you can get it on your machine and run it, no problem.

Peter

Geordie Boy, Jan 22, 2018
  11. CountMike New Member
    I run Autocad r11 without any problems.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Running Autocad r14 on win 10 - Similar Threads - Running Autocad r14

2. Unable to install AutoCAD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to install AutoCAD in Windows 10: Unable to install AutoCAD in Windows 10. I tried several times, result are same that installation stop at some progress.Although try method in Autodesk official website Remove Autodesk software Windows Download & Install Autodesk Knowledge NetworkI need help from Microsoft...
  3. AutoCad is Important?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AutoCad is Important?: Enrolling In AutoCAD classes in Bangalore is regarded as a benchmark for beginning to build your 2D or 3D computer-aided design skills as 2D drafting and 3D modeling form significant core skills which are needed across all design disciplines.SevenMentor provide comprehensive...
  4. autocad r14 in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    autocad r14 in windows 10: i am running autocad r14 in window 10 using longbow. i can not get print drivers for auto Cad 14 . i am using a cannon MX920 inkjet printer and autocad wants its own driver not the windows driver. any body have suggestions for me? 174534
  5. autocad does not open in this window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    autocad does not open in this window 10: how to resolve this problem but in other pc of same window `10 it work but not work in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocad-does-not-open-in-this-window-10/bad49084-7fc4-4157-985e-4b529cee1ec2
  6. autocad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    autocad: I have made a mistake some how . I changed my back up files to Paint in windows and the icon. I need change them back to the BAK icon. I'm not to good on the computer and hope someone can help. I appreciate it . Thank you Bob...
  7. Error 1317- AutoCAD Installation failure - Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 1317- AutoCAD Installation failure - Win 10: Hi there, I have been trying installing CAD 2015 in my laptop, but it keeps showing error 1317. I did try the other options to fix this problem, like to create separate local admin user and blocking control folder access. But, it still is showing the same error. Is there any...
  8. AutoCAD LT

in Windows 10 Customization
    AutoCAD LT: I use AutoCAD LT 2014. Will switching to Windows 10 affect this program at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocad-lt/e2f0da7a-aa9e-463b-872f-9946abb939f4
  9. Autocad running very slow almost hung on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autocad running very slow almost hung on windows 10: I have a problem with win 10, last month I installed Win 10 on my laptop, and after that, I install Autocad, when I run Autocad, my laptop very slow likes run out of memory, I can't work, make me mad. can you give me some explanation for this problem? Specification of my...
  10. Is Autocad 2015 compatible with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is Autocad 2015 compatible with Windows 10.: The autocad website mentions that Autocad 2015 is compatible with Windows 8, 8.1 and 7. Does that mean that it is not compatible with Windows 10 and it would reduce the performance of a laptop with Windows 10. The configuration of the laptop is: Intel Core i5 8th Gen 8GB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will my old autocad lt 97 R4.0.0 on win 10 with 64 bit with longbow

2. autocad r14 on windows 10

3. installing autocad r14 in win10

4. what is mem_bad_pointer mean,
  5. thicken r14 acad,
  6. will acad R 14 runon windows 10,
  7. mem_bad_pointer acad,
  8. can autocad R14 run with windows 10