Windows 10: Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death

Discus and support Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I run Bitdefender Free Full System Scan, it runs for about 5 seconds before my Windows 11 computer gets the system error message and restarts. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rcosinex, Apr 18, 2024.

1. rcosinex Win User

Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death

When I run Bitdefender Free Full System Scan, it runs for about 5 seconds before my Windows 11 computer gets the system error message and restarts. I do have Malwarebytes installed, although it is not running in real-time, and I have done Bitdefender system scans in the past with Malwarebytes also installed. Also, Malwarebytes was not open, so I don't think it could have been because of that. What could have caused it?

:)

rcosinex, Apr 18, 2024

2. Blue Screen of Death

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry to know that you are getting Blue screen errors.

Along with the suggestion provided by ZigZag, try the steps below.

If you see the blue screen only after sign-in
    and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    • If this resolves the blue screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command.
    powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool:

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server

To uninstall a driver refer the steps below.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On
      Device Manager.

• Then find the driver that you are trying to uninstall and right-click on it to
      Uninstall.

• Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Apr 18, 2024
  4. John Sarc Win User

Blue Screen of Death

We appreciate the information.

To get better assistance in resolving Blue Screen of Death, we suggest that you get in touch with our
    Answer Desk as it has the experts and advanced troubleshooting steps regarding this issue.

Regards.

John Sarc, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

1. Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death - Similar Threads - Running Bitdefender System

2. Bitdefender scanned these files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitdefender scanned these files?: Hi there, I ran a scan with bitdefender and found these. Also I am thinking of uninstalling bitdefender and using Windows defender.Can y'all guide me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitdefender-scanned-these-files/03b5413f-55a3-486b-a4f7-c39346e8fb51
  3. Bitdefender scanned these files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitdefender scanned these files?: Hi there, I ran a scan with bitdefender and found these. Also I am thinking of uninstalling bitdefender and using Windows defender.Can y'all guide me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitdefender-scanned-these-files/03b5413f-55a3-486b-a4f7-c39346e8fb51
  4. System Freeze and Blue Screen Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Freeze and Blue Screen Death: STOP CODE: DPC_WatchDog_Violation Window Stops Responding, freezes. Aftersometime, gets off itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freeze-and-blue-screen-death/6c6d6ee7-0b3f-475c-86dd-f66d6d7c091d
  5. System Freeze and Blue Screen Death

System Freeze and Blue Screen Death: STOP CODE: DPC_WatchDog_Violation Window Stops Responding, freezes. Aftersometime, gets off itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freeze-and-blue-screen-death/6c6d6ee7-0b3f-475c-86dd-f66d6d7c091d
  6. System Freeze and Blue Screen Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death

Running Bitdefender System Scan Leads to Blue Screen of Death: When I run Bitdefender Free Full System Scan, it runs for about 5 seconds before my Windows 11 computer gets the system error message and restarts. I do have Malwarebytes installed, although it is not running in real-time, and I have done Bitdefender system scans in the past...
  8. Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot: Yesterday I have got my new machine and after a lot of trouble I was able to install and activate Windows 10 Pro. After installing all needed drivers I have began downloading software that I used on my old machine. That lead me to installing WSL. WSL itself installed fine...
  9. Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot

Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot: Yesterday I have got my new machine and after a lot of trouble I was able to install and activate Windows 10 Pro. After installing all needed drivers I have began downloading software that I used on my old machine. That lead me to installing WSL. WSL itself installed fine...
  10. Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade