Windows 10: Running both the users in background while using switch user

Discus and support Running both the users in background while using switch user in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I log in from one account to the another on Microsoft Windows, the one which I'm not logged in automatically stops using multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OldStoneMill, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Running both the users in background while using switch user

Whenever I log in from one account to the another on Microsoft Windows, the one which I'm not logged in automatically stops using multiple applications. How can I switch user while making sure that both the users have all the applications running in background.

:)

OldStoneMill, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Bree Win User

switch users; how to tell others currently in background?

Click Start and click on your user icon, as you would if you wanted to switch users. The list of other users will show which if any of them are signed in.

Running both the users in background while using switch user 219432d1546385500t-switch-users-how-tell-others-currently-background-users.png

Bree, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Kreij Win User

Running both the users in background while using switch user

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Running both the users in background while using switch user

1. Running both the users in background while using switch user - Similar Threads - Running both users

2. Can I switch users while disk defragmentation is running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I switch users while disk defragmentation is running?: Disk defragmentation has been running for 17 hours. Current status is at pass1: 40% consolidated. I need to login into admin user account. Would it be OK if I leave the current process as it is and switch users?...
  3. Can I switch users while disk defragmentation is running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I switch users while disk defragmentation is running?: Disk defragmentation has been running for 17 hours. Current status is at pass1: 40% consolidated. I need to login into admin user account. Would it be OK if I leave the current process as it is and switch users?...
  4. Running both the users in background while using switch user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Running both the users in background while using switch user: Whenever I log in from one account to the another on Microsoft Windows, the one which I'm not logged in automatically stops using multiple applications. How can I switch user while making sure that both the users have all the applications running in background....
  5. Running both the users in background while using switch user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running both the users in background while using switch user: Whenever I log in from one account to the another on Microsoft Windows, the one which I'm not logged in automatically stops using multiple applications. How can I switch user while making sure that both the users have all the applications running in background....
  6. A user logins when running in background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A user logins when running in background: Hello, This has been bugging me quite for a few months now and I haven't found a solution for it. So there are 3 local users on PC. My dad(Admin right), Me (Owner), My brother (Local standard account). Everytime i login into my account or my dads account my brother account...
  7. User switching

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User switching: I'm running W10 PRO on a desktop and I have the following problem: There are 2 users Both have admin rights and password User1 is logged in Taskmanager, tab users shows User1 Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and switch to User2 Taskmanager, tab users shows User1(disconnected) and...
  8. Switching User

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Switching User: When I CTRL+ALT+DEL to switch users, the screen goes blank; nothing happens. I must reboot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-user/05489d44-2c5e-4cbc-a03a-9f833829fabe
  9. Switching users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching users: I can't change usersctrl + alt + del, winkey + Start menu not working, but I can add new local users. Only last logged user is shown on windows login and switch user screen. I tried https://youtu.be/5qobIM7rvJM didn't work. What could it be?...
  10. User desktop and switching users

in Windows 10 Support
    User desktop and switching users: After upgrading from Win 7 64 to Win 10 64, whenever a different user logs into the computer the desktop gets screwed up for the original user. Both accounts are admin accounts; one has a password, the does not. Has anyone else seen this and does anyone know how to fix it?...