Windows 10: running calibre (great ebook manager) on a LINUX guest / host

Discus and support running calibre (great ebook manager) on a LINUX guest / host in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks If you have a Linux guest / host with a GUI then it's simple to run Calibre -- really great FREE ebook manager and converter. as roou (su)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Sep 23, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

running calibre (great ebook manager) on a LINUX guest / host

Hi folks

If you have a Linux guest / host with a GUI then it's simple to run Calibre -- really great FREE ebook manager and converter.

as roou (su) type following command

"# wget -nv -O- https://download.calibre-ebook.com/linux-installer.sh | sh /dev/stdin"

Ignore the quotation marks at start and end of the command - they are there to stop url getting translated into text etc.

then you'll be able to start calibre and the interface will be set up. Same interface as windows but I tend to run mainly Linux hosts though.

running calibre (great ebook manager)  on a LINUX guest  / host [​IMG]

Note for distros like ubuntu where you can't get to su command directly simply type sudo su and then you are in su mode

Cheers

jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 23, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Calibre ebook management

Hi there

If you like e-books - great piece of Free software which also converts to all ebook formats so if you want MOBI / EPUB etc etc.

64 bit version for windows also available -- and it also works on LINUX (easily installable too) - running on CENTOS 7 shown here. Also works absolutely fine on Windows 10 too.

running calibre (great ebook manager)  on a LINUX guest  / host [​IMG]

Get it from here (Windows, Linux, etc).

calibre - E-book management

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 23, 2018
  3. 5800 now on Calibre (ebook readers)

Just to say that Calibre* now support the 5800. So if you like having ebooks on your phone you can upload (using 'mass storage') books in any format directly via Calibre ebook converter.

It can be made compatible with any ebook reader at one click.

* http://calibre-ebook.com/

rbruce1314---01, Sep 23, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Calibre V 3.25 available (e-book management)

Hi folks
    the excellent Calibre E-book management program is available (free) in version 3.25 - Windows and Linux.

calibre - E-book management

Excellent program -- converts also all e-book formats so you can convert epub to MOBI / AZW3 for kindles etc and in reverse.

If you are an ebook and e-reader fan this program is a must.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

1. running calibre (great ebook manager) on a LINUX guest / host - Similar Threads - running calibre great

2. Windows guests no sound using VMWare on Linux Hosts after alsa update

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows guests no sound using VMWare on Linux Hosts after alsa update: Hi folks Can't get any sound on Windows Guests (XP/W7/W10) on Linux Hosts after latest alsa (sound) / kernel updates. Sound on Host working perfectly, Windows VM's running on KVM also sound working perfectly on them too. Kernel is 5.10.13-arch1 Vmware workstation release...
  3. eBook reader with a great UI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    eBook reader with a great UI: I need an EPUB reader, but all the apps I managed to find online are ugly or old. What app can you recommend to me? Thanks submitted by /u/sabinproscris [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgqmxs/ebook_reader_with_a_great_ui/
  4. VMWare Windows Guest on Linux Host - start remotely from command line

VMWare Windows Guest on Linux Host - start remotely from command line: Hi folks I want to start a Windows guest (VMWare Wks) machine on a Linux Host michine - remotely -- the linux server is running "headless". I can logon from a remote Windows or Linux laptop via SSH - no problem but i'm confused as to start the VM. There is a command vmrun...
  5. Running scheduled jobs e.g hourly on Linux VM / WSL / Host Linux

Running scheduled jobs e.g hourly on Linux VM / WSL / Host Linux: Hi folks for those who have NAS (Linux) type servers / Linux VM's or Host Linux systems it's dead easy to set up jobs that run say every hour or whatever - use for this would be scheduled backups etc etc. I've got a simple 1 line example here of running an email to myself...
  6. Great new features in Calibre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Great new features in Calibre: Hi folks latest release of Calibre has some great new features for editing / manger / converting e-books. Here's screenshot (this is Linux version but identical in Windows). [img] Cheers jimbo 127808
  7. Ebook / Kindle users - Calibre better and better

Ebook / Kindle users - Calibre better and better: Hi folks For people who like e-books and kindles (or other e-readers) the excellent free calibre program just keeps getting better and better - especially in device connectivity and e-book format conversion Works on W10 and Linux -- easy interface and really highly...
  8. Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM)

Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM): Hi folks for those using Linux Hosts and want to try out a hypervisor (built in in typical Linux distros) where you can pass thru video / usb stuff to guests - Windows 10 runs fine -- just follow steps in this link Running Windows 10 on Linux using KVM with VGA Passthrough s...
  9. Converting Word DOC to Ebook using calibre

Converting Word DOC to Ebook using calibre: Hi I have a lengthy word DOC, which I want to convert to a EPub Ebook. It has several embedded video links to online video. the links work perfectly in Word, but the converted Ebook just has black windows where the video links were. I also tried acrobat Pro with the same...
  10. Calibre ebook management

Calibre ebook management: Hi there If you like e-books - great piece of Free software which also converts to all ebook formats so if you want MOBI / EPUB etc etc. 64 bit version for windows also available -- and it also works on LINUX (easily installable too) - running on CENTOS 7 shown here....