Windows 10: Running CHKDSK to fix run as admin issue. Turns out that a few files are corrupted. Wants...

Discus and support Running CHKDSK to fix run as admin issue. Turns out that a few files are corrupted. Wants... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG]I was unable to run command prompt on my desktop as administrator even though i am thenonly administrator. I had to run it inder advanced startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SethToth, Sep 4, 2020.

1. SethToth Win User

Running CHKDSK to fix run as admin issue. Turns out that a few files are corrupted. Wants...

Running CHKDSK to fix run as admin issue. Turns out that a few files are corrupted. Wants... [​IMG]I was unable to run command prompt on my desktop as administrator even though i am thenonly administrator. I had to run it inder advanced startup to Perform the chkdsk command to check and see if any files were corrupted. Tirns out there are. Then it wants me to run chkdsk /f to fix the problem bit the file is write protected. Is there a way to turn the write protection off so my compiter can fix the files? If so, please let me know. Thanks.

:)

SethToth, Sep 4, 2020

2. how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10

please list steps to run chkdsk fix in win 10 as administrator

SabrinaWatkins1, Sep 4, 2020
  3. djmcnz Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Running CHKDSK to fix run as admin issue. Turns out that a few files are corrupted. Wants...

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

Bree, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Running CHKDSK to fix run as admin issue. Turns out that a few files are corrupted. Wants... - Similar Threads - Running CHKDSK fix

2. CHKDSK run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK run: I had my windows 10. Suddenly it shut down and couldnt do automatic repair. ı tried many methods but regback in command prompt helped. after months, same happened again but regback didnt help. So I ran a chkdsk f d even though my OS in C just watched youtube. I typed y for...
  3. CHKDSK run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK run: I had my windows 10. Suddenly it shut down and couldnt do automatic repair. ı tried many methods but regback in command prompt helped. after months, same happened again but regback didnt help. So I ran a chkdsk f d even though my OS in C just watched youtube. I typed y for...
  4. CHKDSK run

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. chkdsk is not running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk is not running.: When trying to run a chkdsk on the Operating System Volume C: it does not run but instead shows this following log under system.This is on a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Virtual Machine. Running from a Hyper-V. Is the chkdsk failing because of this?I've tried the...
  6. chkdsk is not running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk is not running.: When trying to run a chkdsk on the Operating System Volume C: it does not run but instead shows this following log under system.This is on a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Virtual Machine. Running from a Hyper-V. Is the chkdsk failing because of this?I've tried the...
  7. Running CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running CHKDSK: Hi, i run chkddsk and this is the result but im not sure what to do about it, maybe i should just reinstall win10?C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkddsk 'chkddsk' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk The type of...
  8. Is running chkdsk enough to make sure data is not corrupted?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is running chkdsk enough to make sure data is not corrupted?: I have a Seagate 500GB USB HDD...I was downloading a file with google chrome into the drive and then suddenly my system crashed...I restarted the system and ran the following tests on the disk: 1 chkdsk G: /r 2 Seatools Short Drive Self Test. 3 Seatools Short Generic test....
  9. CHKDSK not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK not running: I have errors on C: and scheduled checkdisk to run on restart. The issue is it goes through the countdown for pressing a key to cancel, then it says checking for errors on c but then after a few seconds the screen goes black and goes straight to the windows log in screen....
  10. NTFS Rights corrupted after chkdsk some Progs run only admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    NTFS Rights corrupted after chkdsk some Progs run only admin: Hi, after an chkdsk runned from a cloned backup install some ntfs rights got corrupted and now some progs run only as admin (ITunes, Android Studio). Reinstallation of the Progs does not help. Any Idea what to do? Can I prompt ntfsrights somehow in detail, by script...