Windows 10: Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004

Discus and support Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Another day... I ran chkdsk c: /F /V on 3 three systems which were updated to 2004. Upon reboot or booting from a cold start, the routine completes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Compumind Win User

Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004

Another day...

I ran chkdsk c: /F /V on 3 three systems which were updated to 2004.

Upon reboot or booting from a cold start, the routine completes without completion of the boot - the little dotted circle keeps spinning.
    Difficulty in powering off by holding in the button.

Once restarted, it says "100%" complete and boots fully.

2 desktops and 1 laptop are involved.

Bug? Can anyone replicate?

TIA

*Rolleyes

:)

Compumind, Jun 19, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004

GWX.exe doesn`t run and the "Get Windows 10" icon doesn´t show up

Hello.

I tried running the scripts which were posted here but when i try to run the gwx.exe file, it simply doesn`t run.

I have two computers running Windows 7. One of them, i was able to upgrade without any problems (as the icon appeard) and the second one has this problem. When i run the troubleshotter it says that "windows is not genuine" which is something false as i have
    Windows completely activated (and it says that in "COMPUTER - SYSTEM PROPERTIES")

NahuelLondeix, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004

1. Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004 - Similar Threads - Running chksdk upon

2. Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004: Another day... I ran chkdsk c: /F /V on 3 three systems which were updated to 2004. Upon reboot or booting from a cold start, the routine completes without completion of the boot - the little dotted circle keeps spinning. Difficulty in powering off by holding in the button....
  3. windows 10 V 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 V 2004: Hi everyone have just bought and installed a brand new ssd drive in my PC, i had earlier downloaded the latest windows 10 v 2004 onto a USB drive which i then installed onto the new ssd drive, it installed beautifully and smooth no problems whatsoever, however i have noticed...
  4. Desktop Icons Rearranging upon Reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons Rearranging upon Reboot: Just to clarify, I do know that you have to turn off the auto arrange option in the desktop. I have that option off. I also deleted IconCache yet its still happening. Every time I turn off my computer and turn it back on, some icons go to left and some stay in the arrangement...
  5. BSOD upon reboot following upgrade from WIN 10 V 1903 to V 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD upon reboot following upgrade from WIN 10 V 1903 to V 1909: In a previous post I was having installation failures with WIN 10 V 1903 for Cumulative Updates 2019-07, 2019-09 and 2019-10. Each failed with error code 0x800f0845. Time Lady had be try numerous things, all failed. In addition, I was getting repeated BSOD after reboot....
  6. Complete PC Loss Upon Update

Complete PC Loss Upon Update: Hello, Long story short.. Just bought new Asus 705DY,16gb ddr4,Win10 Home,Ryzen5.. Windows updated Security update and a feature i Believe also, And upon Required Restart Blue screen problems collecting info.. Restarted again got to desktop and unable press buttons...
  7. CTRL+F doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL+F doesn't work: I don't know why but CTRL+F stopped working completely for me on all applications. I've tried things like uninstalling the keyboard driver and reinstalling it, and all the keys definitely work individually (for example I can use CTRL+SHIFT+F just fine for some applications...
  8. Screen doesn't load fully

Screen doesn't load fully: Hi ... Does anyone else have this issue, every time I open anything whether it be the This PC, Delete, Control Panel or even the browser I always need to expand the screen . It's off by a tiny bit on each side . I have try doing the Shift key and drag, also try the control...
  9. F Keys and Rebooting ?

in Windows 10 Support
    F Keys and Rebooting ?: Hello Have a Dell xps 8900 General question please: Is the only was to get to the F keys via rebooting and pressing a key during startup ? I want to change the boot sequence, but would like to do it now without shutting off and rebooting. Any way ? 99871
  10. Projection settings are lost upon reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Projection settings are lost upon reboot: I have my laptop hooked up to an external display via HDMI. The projection settings made using Winkey + P gets reset to "Duplicate" every time I reboot, and I have to go in and manually change it back to "Second screen only". Is there still a way to set this permanently?...