Windows 10: Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004

Discus and support Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Another day... I ran chkdsk c: /F /V on 3 three systems which were updated to 2004. Upon reboot or booting from a cold start, the routine completes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Compumind Win User

Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004

Another day...

I ran chkdsk c: /F /V on 3 three systems which were updated to 2004.

Upon reboot or booting from a cold start, the routine completes without completion of the boot - the little dotted circle keeps spinning.
    Difficulty in powering off by holding in the button.

Once restarted, it says "100%" complete and boots fully.

2 desktops and 1 laptop are involved.

Bug? Can anyone replicate?

TIA

*Rolleyes

:)

Compumind, Jun 19, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004

GWX.exe doesn`t run and the "Get Windows 10" icon doesn´t show up

Hello.

I tried running the scripts which were posted here but when i try to run the gwx.exe file, it simply doesn`t run.

I have two computers running Windows 7. One of them, i was able to upgrade without any problems (as the icon appeard) and the second one has this problem. When i run the troubleshotter it says that "windows is not genuine" which is something false as i have
    Windows completely activated (and it says that in "COMPUTER - SYSTEM PROPERTIES")

NahuelLondeix, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004

1. Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004 - Similar Threads - Running chksdk upon

2. chksdk /f /r /x Black screen after booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chksdk /f /r /x Black screen after booting: I used chksdk /f /r /x on one hard drive partition I have the system on an ssd but it was supposed to work after a reboot. So I rebooted, but all I have now is no signal on the monitor. The computer booted normally with no errors on the motherboard. Is this the way it is...
  3. chksdk /f /r /x Black screen after booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chksdk /f /r /x Black screen after booting: I used chksdk /f /r /x on one hard drive partition I have the system on an ssd but it was supposed to work after a reboot. So I rebooted, but all I have now is no signal on the monitor. The computer booted normally with no errors on the motherboard. Is this the way it is...
  4. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error: System Info:Windows 10 Home Version 22H2C: Drive - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GBIssues: Blue screen crashErrors found in C: driveAttempted Fixes:"chkdsk /f" command attempted multiple times via powershell, windows 10 system notification, and C: drive device propertiesWhen...
  5. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error: System Info:Windows 10 Home Version 22H2C: Drive - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GBIssues: Blue screen crashErrors found in C: driveAttempted Fixes:"chkdsk /f" command attempted multiple times via powershell, windows 10 system notification, and C: drive device propertiesWhen...
  6. chkdsk c: /f didn't run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk c: /f didn't run: Hello i hope you all having a good day. So i decided to run chkdsk c: /f because my pc was running slow lately. I ran it via cmd as administrator then i got this message "chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume...
  7. chkdsk c: /f didn't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk c: /f didn't run: Hello i hope you all having a good day. So i decided to run chkdsk c: /f because my pc was running slow lately. I ran it via cmd as administrator then i got this message "chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume...
  8. chkdsk c: /f didn't run

9. Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running chksdk C: /F /V upon reboot doesn't fully complete in 2004: Another day... I ran chkdsk c: /F /V on 3 three systems which were updated to 2004. Upon reboot or booting from a cold start, the routine completes without completion of the boot - the little dotted circle keeps spinning. Difficulty in powering off by holding in the button....
  10. F Keys and Rebooting ?

in Windows 10 Support
    F Keys and Rebooting ?: Hello Have a Dell xps 8900 General question please: Is the only was to get to the F keys via rebooting and pressing a key during startup ? I want to change the boot sequence, but would like to do it now without shutting off and rebooting. Any way ? 99871