Windows 10: running davinci resolve when not plugged in or even just opening resolve gives a bsod

Discus and support running davinci resolve when not plugged in or even just opening resolve gives a bsod in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Peta-8-bit [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Peta-8-bit, Oct 4, 2020.

1. running davinci resolve when not plugged in or even just opening resolve gives a bsod

/u/Peta-8-bit, Oct 4, 2020
  2. RGBell Win User

Davinci Resolve and H.265 videos

I have been using the free version of Davinci Resolve 16 to edit videos from my GoPro Hero 7 Black camera on a PC that is about 5 years old. I had installed the HEVC codec from the Microsoft Store and was able to process H.265 video with no problems. The
    system was underpowered to process 4K video so I bought a new system. It is a Dell G5 with i9 CPU and an NVidia RTX 2070 Super GPU.

I installed the HEVC codec on the new system. Davinci Resolve does not recognize that the HEVC codec is available. When importing H.265 videos, Resolve shows "Media Offline" on the video clips. I have seen multiple videos that show installing the HEVC codec,
    either the paid or free version from the Microsoft Store, enables Davinci to work correctly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Davinci and the codecs My Windows 10 has all current updates installed. I have the latest version of the NVidia drivers and Davinci.

My new computer will play H.265 videos using the Windows Movie app and VLC.

One other difference between the two computers is that the old one is running the latest Windows Insider version. The latest insider version broke Davinci. It hangs at "Loading Fairlight Page". Prior to that version, it worked flawlessly.

I spoke with tech support for Davinci Resolve and was told that I had to get the full version and that the free version does not support H.265. I asked him why it worked on my old computer and on multiple other systems, as seen on Youtube and other forums.
    He could not explain it and said that the free version does not include tech support so he couldn't elevate the issue.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue? Why would it work on a 5 year old system with an i3 CPU and an older NVidia GPU?

I really don't want to spend $299 for the paid version of Resolve when it appears that the free version should work.

RGBell, Oct 4, 2020
  3. MFTEnumEx could not be located when starting DaVinci Resolve program

When i start DaVinci Resolve software i have the error :

The procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\DaVinci Resolve\Resolve.exe.

How can i solve this problem ?

Paul Dubearnes, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Wynona Win User

running davinci resolve when not plugged in or even just opening resolve gives a bsod

DaVinci Resolve 12 Free Version - Hints; Tips; Questions; Answers

In my searching, I found the forum(s) for DaVinci Resolve:

Blackmagic Forum Index page

Wynona, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

running davinci resolve when not plugged in or even just opening resolve gives a bsod

1. running davinci resolve when not plugged in or even just opening resolve gives a bsod - Similar Threads - running davinci resolve

2. Error status 0xc000012f when trying to launch DaVinci Resolve

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error status 0xc000012f when trying to launch DaVinci Resolve: Hi! I have windows 11 pro, with an integrated GPU in my AMD Ryzen 5 7600x 6-Core Processor. I have enough ram, this computer is able to Code/Program but simply wont even start up DaVinci Resolve. Ive used CMD promt 'sfc scannow' for errors, said it has some and fixed it. I've...
  3. Unsupported GPU Processing Mode in DaVinci Resolve

in Windows 10 News
    Unsupported GPU Processing Mode in DaVinci Resolve: [ATTACH]If DaVinci Resolve displays the Unsupported GPU processing Mode error message, then it could be because of an incorrect response from the Graphics Driver, where the Graphics Driver restricts the app from accessing the CUDA functionality. The error message says:...
  4. Davinci Resolve 17.4.4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Davinci Resolve 17.4.4: I Tried to delete it from the folder and download it again but the next time i tried with the installer it says installed even if it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/davinci-resolve-1744/29335e58-5859-4a33-b9bf-f1b4cf621513
  5. Davinci Resolve 17.4.4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Davinci Resolve 17.4.4: I Tried to delete it from the folder and download it again but the next time i tried with the installer it says installed even if it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/davinci-resolve-1744/29335e58-5859-4a33-b9bf-f1b4cf621513
  6. Davinci Resolve 17.4.4

7. DaVinci Resolve GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DaVinci Resolve GPU: So, I downloaded DaVinci Resolve for my videos so I could edit them, but it said that I needed a driver that supports DaVinci, Is there a Driver for my computer that will support DaVinci? If So How will I download it? My computer's current driver is Intel R HD Graphics. My...
  8. Davinci Resolve and H.265 videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Davinci Resolve and H.265 videos: I have been using the free version of Davinci Resolve 16 to edit videos from my GoPro Hero 7 Black camera on a PC that is about 5 years old. I had installed the HEVC codec from the Microsoft Store and was able to process H.265 video with no problems. The system was...
  9. Davinci Resolve video editor won't open, it begins to run but becomes suspended

Davinci Resolve video editor won't open, it begins to run but becomes suspended: I have been recently using Davinci Resolve to create some special effects, countdowns and timers, however it was working fine until I began to run out of space on my C: drive. It had issues saving, so I cleared out alot of unneeded files from the C: drive. However once I...
  10. Error Code 2932 when installing DaVinci Resolve 16

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Code 2932 when installing DaVinci Resolve 16: I keep getting an error code 2932 when attempting to install the editing software DaVinci Resolve and I'm not sure what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-2932-when-installing-davinci-resolve-16/6a1d0ca6-8dc7-42e2-a03a-8cd313e740c7